Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 15

Ok im ready for the new map! 

IMG_2775.jpg

Edited by Meep
  • Like 12

There are already home servers. Why would elevation need "home islands"?

• Like 1

There are already home servers. Why would elevation need "home islands"?

I have never seen such a united front in the Epic community. Silver lining.

• Like 1

I have never seen such a united front in the Epic community. Silver lining.

I know... weird, right? Over the last few years watching them I didn't think that would be possible.

I think bonegetter referring to the general opion that people have about Klaa.

• Like 6

can f2p alts even drive sail boats? f2p alts useless on new map. :)

everyone crying about f2p alts need to get a straw. goto the dollar store, and pick up a 50 pack of straws. seriously.

everyone crying about f2p alts need to get a straw. goto the dollar store, and pick up a 50 pack of straws. seriously.

Nope, but they can command rowboats, and those things have a constant speed even in crappy winds...

Was really looking forward to play on the new map but when I saw the map dump all joy seemed to be sucked out of me... More land plz..

• Like 1

I think for PvP you couldnt have made this map more counterproductive. If you thought Elevation was dead before the reset i exspect it to become either literall ydead or a server were no action will happen because the travelliung time and efford to get somewhere despite from the time alone you needed, is ridiculous. Sorry but whoever made the map, he havent thought this through

Worst PVP map ever. This is a really sad joke.

This will cause even less PVP, if more less is possible...

Edited by Sklo:D

Rolf can you fit the map to be like this  ? thanks  :)

rSIX4WK.png

• Like 18

Rolf can you fit the map to be like this  ? thanks  :)

needs more tundra

• Like 3

And volcanoes. Maybe some more sand.

I think bonegetter referring to the general opinion that people have about Klaa.

fixed

That's okay. I only worry about the opinions of those I respect.

Though if it helps... I don't even respect myself much :P

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

To each their own.

no, not to each their own, you're commenting on a map you have no experience with or any form of stake in.  i play on elevation and can say that this map isn't what Epic needs at all.

• Like 5

But guys "Some coastal areas have shallow waters, perfect for building harbours and docks."

See they optimized it for boats. So all is good right?

The new map is strange, but the map is good.

lots of water = cool pvp

Main island is not for cowards.

• Like 2

lots of water = cool pvp

But... boat pvp is :( 

• Like 1

Row boats are great to use for scouting with f2p alts, no mobs. 

Edited by Omar

There are currently no plans to delay the release of the map.

Any decision will have to be run past the development team, so until that happens and a decision to change it or delay it is made, it's going ahead as planned.

. Why would you keep on with this map after seeing the extremely obvious disgust and hate towards the new map?
  • Like 1

I think they should put this map in PTS for a day or two, i think everyone is over estimating sail times.  my best guess is about 25-30 minutes sailboat from outer to inner island, and about 1hr 15 mins from outer island to other kingdoms outer island.  As far as complaints about not being able to 'play the same' as before, that kind of change is needed.  Whether the change is better or worse only time will tell.  A map that most people are uncomfortable with gives me a little hope that things have a chance of getting better.  Unfortunately, I think it is game mechanics that ultimately need to change to improve epic, a map can only do so much.

• Like 1

lots of water = cool pvp

Lots of water= No PvP

On elevation or the home servers, you have the outer ocean, if you are sailing along it and someone else is, you will run into each other pretty much every time.

On this server you have areas almost the size of elevation between the landmasses, running into anyone while sailing is going to be extremely rare.

I think they should put this map in PTS for a day or two, i think everyone is over estimating sail times.  my best guess is about 25-30 minutes sailboat from outer to inner island, and about 1hr 15 mins from outer island to other kingdoms outer island.  As far as complaints about not being able to 'play the same' as before, that kind of change is needed.  Whether the change is better or worse only time will tell.  A map that most people are uncomfortable with gives me a little hope that things have a chance of getting better.  Unfortunately, I think it is game mechanics that ultimately need to change to improve epic, a map can only do so much.

The main thing is that you are REQUIRED to sail to go anywhere, and those sail times are obscene(and much longer than I assumed, but I haven't played wurm in years, they seem pretty likely now that I thought about it), going out to roam for pvp should not require 2 and a half hours of sailing.

It makes it extremely difficult to roam (not even counting travel time), since you have to take enough boats to carry horses for everyone, and running into anyone is going to be even rarer than on elevation.

It pretty much removes the ability to control territory, since the central island is pretty much locked down by the lights+starter deeds and deeding on someone elses starter island would just put you a long sail away from the rest of your kingdom.

Edited by Kagrenac
  • Like 4