Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 15

next time dont show the players the map before u release it

dont be crazy hex

Looks like a fun map, but its just a deathmatch in the centre that can get stale real fast. The current elevation was good as it allowed fluidity of kingdom territory over time.

The terrain wont keep ftp alts away from the centre. Welcome to Chaos alt fest. 

Edited by Omar

I'm warming up to it more as time goes on. Probably could use a bit more land mass in the middle and maybe a few more large-ish islands for PMK's and such. But being Chaos-sized, I'm sure there's more land than you'd think. Island maps as a concept sound like a lot of fun either way, so we'll see how people adapt.

Edited by Fawkes
  • Like 5

there goes my day off for release. :(

EDIT: or maybe let us get our money back on deeds promised day. If extended I am paying upkeep for no reason that i won't get back.

Edited by shankiest

only players who 'love' the map are freedomers who want pvpers to sail as much as they do when delivering bricks from exodus to xanandu

• Like 3

I'm warming up to it more as time goes on. Probably could use a bit more land mass in the middle and maybe a few more large-ish islands for PMK's and such. But being Chaos-sized, I'm sure there's more land than you'd think. Island maps as a concept sound like a lot of fun either way, so we'll see how people adapt.

It looks tiny on map but you're right on that note! Look at Xanadu... It takes a long time to travel from south to north east to west or what ever if there's no Gale.. And even then it takes a minute. 1 Square on the Xanadu map is around 10 squares of Affliction. 

So even though the map looks insanely small in the middle.. It's prob not that bad. Say maybe a half hours horse ride or something on a 5 speed with good gear.

Not many people on Epic are use to larger maps and probably don't realize how big they actually are!

Most of Affliction has told me they never played Freedom, and think the current map is huge! 

I came from Xanadu before coming to Affliction so the current affliction map is tiny in comparison!

I'd imagine the new "middle" area of Elevation will be around the size of the current home server maps (assuming they're all around the same size) 

But that's just my thoughts on the matter. 

Chances of it being changed this soon to reset are highly unlikely.. But we never know!

• Like 2

I came back to this game in a fit of excitement over the prospect of fresh land to explore. Now, the only thing I have to look forward to is EMPTY, ENDLESS WATERS. 

THIS IS PURE UNADULTERATED TRASH! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT RELEASE THIS WATERWORLD!

Or I will be out of here:

giphy.gif

• Like 6

At this point, i think that if those little islands dotting the map were a bit larger things would be okay. people could pmk on em, and it would help reduce the amount of overall water.

• Like 1

what have u done....

plz no

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9pua7tPtfY

Edited by Judi
  • Like 1

can anyone do a quick size comparison picture of old ele over this map?

Please do take your time in order to make a better map than what is currently shown as the preview for the upcoming Elevation map.

Meh despite all the map hate, I for one think it would be interesting. Never had a map like it before.

Anyways, love the bridge pic. I never thought of seeing on test if crossing them in that manner would have worked.

new%20elevation%20preview.png

• Like 5

Basically its Ele with more land and ALOT more islands.

Speaking of... we really, really need a way to ship animals on ships. The rope leading method is going to get very tiresome on this one.

And Im not picky how its managed: be it an animal version of bulk bins, letting animals occupy player slots, or whatever.

• Like 3

looking at it again, it might be nice to have another large (ish) island similar to the one between mr and jk. place one between mr and bl, and jk and bl too.  less water and more places to fight and deed :) the closer the land masses are the better too imo, cant really make use of bridges if we cant see the islands (from what i understand).

Edited by Kitsuine
  • Like 1

new%20elevation%20preview.png

I don't understand many peoples hate for this map, I  think it's almost perfect (a little extra land ) and the removal of the dumb free to play/Default kingdom starter deeds, Let players amanage where there kingdom captures they always have the home servers to re group on. PMK will be a hell of alot more fun.

@KLAA i agree animal transport will need a solution.

addtional notes.

Sea horses and creatures code would be needed to make sure the hunting stays on land no in the oceans.

However, on the whole. i am highly impress with the general idea, shape and size of the map gj guys. Best of all your stilll listening to the community it can only get better.

Admittedly I don't intend on playing on Elevation; but that new map looks like it wouldn't be fun to play on IMO.

Instantly it looks like boats are going to be a requirement; you won't be able to get anywhere without one; and new players probably won't even be able to reach the WL/BL without a boat. This means that all deeds are going to be on the coast as they will need a secure on-deed boat mine to survive. Boat PvP is probably the least fun form of PvP in the game IMO.

Furthermore whilst it might sound like a great idea on paper to put mountaineous islands all over the place you need to realize that those deeds are going to be large enough to cover the entire landmass; so what you will be up against is a completely sealed island fortress with no land for you to dock at (so your only defense will be your boats); as you can't fire catapults in water you will need to bring enough dirt to create your own landmass just to position the catapults and even after you do that you are going to be firing up extreme slopes all the while being rained on by archers that have 10,000 height advantage on you. Raiding them won't be worth the effort.

On paper the map probably loooks good but when you think about the mechanics I can't imagine it lasting long before people want another reset.

Edited by Gavin
  • Like 5

I voted to have my deed deleted for this trash?!?

Edit. No problem with waiting if it means a better map.

Edited by Morrowen
  • Like 4

Basically its Ele with more land and ALOT more islands.

Speaking of... we really, really need a way to ship animals on ships. The rope leading method is going to get very tiresome on this one.

And Im not picky how its managed: be it an animal version of bulk bins, letting animals occupy player slots, or whatever.

we can call those "animal boats" Noah's Arks!

lol

Thanks Fawkes, and Zeke for map comparison.

First I was like wtf this map. Now thinking alot about it I really like it.

Need to make sure theres options for pmk on centre - lights will block a bit?

Free to play - I will have ftp alts outside all enemy capitals, hota and war deeds. Sounds like fun? And no you won't see them, or see them log in or out. GG

Edited by Omar

There is enough room in that sized map to create outer large kingdom islands, several medium-sized empty islands scattered about (maybe 3-4) for PMK's and the center island (same size as a kingdom one) with the HOTA and lights.

Do that and you won't have to force people to leave the home maps when you decide to shut them down to consolidate Epic to a single map, which is probably the plan all along.  They will naturally migrate there.   :)

Why pay for 4 servers when one large one will do nicely!

And oh, now is the time to get rid of private traders and turn on the new siege/defense equipment when the new map is released.  This is coming along nicely I think.

Great plan Rolf!

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 1

LOL THAT MAP

HAHAHAHAH WHAT THE ######

edit:

that map literally looks like a five minute trash job.

It doesn't encourage PvP, it encourages building completely unraidable deeds on mountains in the middle of the ocean.

It makes it a requirement to have 5, or 13 people to do anything.

The starter deeds next to HOTA just encourage alt abuse.

stop making a map around the HOTA, make a map, and then put the HOTA on it. It's not challenge, there is more to the game than HOTA. None of the feedback was listened to as people wanted diverse landmasses and areas to roam with rivers and waterways akin to BLH, instead we got this trash. If this gets released with nearly 95% of everyone i speak to about it absolutely hating it, and the other 5% not caring either way, i'm not sure why the staff only thought having 15% of the land usable was a good idea. We have about the same land here as we had on elevation, and the map is twice the size.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 4

I'd prefer a map where i could ride a hell horse around atleast a quarter of it it.

Great news - "after many debates we think we'll leave bridges for next year because of some bugs, shrink the Elevation server 12 times and we will make a new server 4 times larger than Xanadu (which was a success like Challenge too)!" :P

Edited by Lumi