Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 15

sidenote... keep starter deeds and mountains away from the hota zone.

oh and i seriously hope every single dev basicly drop everything they are doing and focus on getting this done (STARTING TOMORROW PREFERABLY CONSIDERING ITS A COMPANY WIDE F**KUP)... people were super prepped for this and many people fixed vacation for it.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 9

Rolf we want a large battleground for longterm kingdom warfare. not challenge 3.

^^ this

Way to big outer islands and way to small inner central island - far less water thanks Rolf, trying to kill off epic were you?

• Like 3

Surf's up!

But seriously, the parabolas on those bridges. Wow.

I really don't get the point of this map.

Is this supposed to promote PvP? At least with horses when you are outnumbered you could possibly come out with a win if you manage to take out one or two real fast if they aren't grouped together.  This map just has everyone on boats with no room for "what ifs".  Actually the only "what ifs" I can imagine are boat bugs or spell spam which ... really would the most annoying PvP I've ever been apart of.  As BL I boat PvP'd and let me tell you, it was fun winning don't get me wrong, but it isn't as exciting as a good ol' fashioned melee on foot on some random hill on land.  Ask any PvPer and they can tell you their hearts feel like they are going to explode.

So this map is a glorified home server islands which will either:

A.) Be deeded by the kingdom whos homeserver is at their back at specific points so enemies can't conquer or deed on the island

B.) Any enemy kingdom somehow bashes enough towers or land grabs on an opposing island to make a foothold where a war deed will be formed.  (say hello to Chaos style PvP landgrabs)

I see maybe one or two spots where PMKs can be founded... to be honest there is barely any useable land for the kingdoms to get a respectable %.

• Like 2

So, encouraging even MORE secrecy?

Yea, that'll help...

At least now, there's time to make tweaks (if he'll tweak it) and at least now he knows where the majority of the PVP community stands on it.

Better to do it sooner and get feedback and adjust, then have it just boom in his face upon release.

People will now have a bit of time to cool down.

any map he makes someone will dislike it

i personally like this map and i dont think he should tweak it

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

It sounds like there is some work that may need to be done to improve the map.

However that would, if it happens, cause some delays to the release of the new Elevation map.

Would a week or so be acceptable in that case? Nothing confirmed or anything yet as I would have to speak to Rolf but it would be the only way at this point.

nty map is fine how it is and i did book time off 

• Like 1

I really don't get the point of this map.

Is this supposed to promote PvP? At least with horses when you are outnumbered you could possibly come out with a win if you manage to take out one or two real fast if they aren't grouped together.  This map just has everyone on boats with no room for "what ifs".  Actually the only "what ifs" I can imagine are boat bugs or spell spam which ... really would the most annoying PvP I've ever been apart of.  As BL I boat PvP'd and let me tell you, it was fun winning don't get me wrong, but it isn't as exciting as a good ol' fashioned melee on foot on some random hill on land.  Ask any PvPer and they can tell you their hearts feel like they are going to explode.

So this map is a glorified home server islands which will either:

A.) Be deeded by the kingdom whos homeserver is at their back at specific points so enemies can't conquer or deed on the island

B.) Any enemy kingdom somehow bashes enough towers or land grabs on an opposing island to make a foothold where a war deed will be formed.  (say hello to Chaos style PvP landgrabs)

I see maybe one or two spots where PMKs can be founded... to be honest there is barely any useable land for the kingdoms to get a respectable %.

PLENTY OF LAND FOR PMK... on the other islands.

Get it right, please.

• Like 2

Maybe put up an in game Elevation only poll and ask the peeps whether they want a delay?

When i first heard that the map would have islands, i had something like this in mind:

lby3oJd.jpg

Not this:

bEAQVDO.png

Maybe this:

ReXTMJY.png

• Like 1

so many things are ready ... we got nothing new so far :S    only tall banners

This map is great ! So great that Epic might starve Chaos of players since everyone will join there to test this new awesome map. Nooooooot ....

Who the heck is consulting Rolf lol, the forum mods or something ?  :)

I know its lame to badmouth a project before it begins and I usually wanna avoid doing so, but this map is disaster. It's basically the whole Epic cluster integrated into a single map. Nothing different.

Edited by evilissle

For the devs... remember about pmks.

They dont have starter deeds except their self-formed deeds.

If standard kingdoms get somekind of special bonus for hota with a starter deed right next to it, then that creates a large unfair advantage.

besides I doubt anyone wants contineously respawning people at hota fights >_>

Oh and pmks also need landmass to live at... which preferably isnt next to starter deeds...

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

any map he makes someone will dislike it

True enough. But what we're talking about is whether the majority of player who are going to be affected by having their deeds disbanded, had this in mind when they voted for a new Elevation.

Ticking off the majority in that instance, probably isn't the best of all things. Surely there is a happy middle ground where 'most' of the people who wanted the reset will be 'relatively' happy with the new map.

And hey, you've got PR listening and talking to Rolf. That's a huge step in the right direction, I think.

People who complain about this map doesn't take into consideration how big the central island is. My advice is just stop whining and just give it a go.

I think this map is very good one, have very much pvp potential.

Edited by Sajko

gotta love the newly created 1post troll accs....

• Like 2

If we dont get bigger main island please no starter "forward" deeds on middle "hota" island, just takes away even more space for real deeds and pmks.

Starter towns shouldnt be on the middle island even if its bigger imo, what use for them there?

This map could be nice with some modifications.

Edited by permo
  • Like 1

Just random chatter in JK global chat...

b226f357be.png

Edited by Zekezor

The more I come to think of it I am starting to like this map more and more, when I saw it first I really was speechless, I didn't like it at all. But with few changes mainly expending the HotA island to the north like half the way to the border and a little bit south and also make the bottom island similar in size to the others then this would turn out to be not so different from what Rolf talked about in the beginning. Main island with home servers like islands on the borders. My hope is that all the islands are about the same size as the original islands.

Of course they also have to look into things like missions, for example a traitor seal, what island is it at, should maybe link missions to the islands in general if that is possible.