Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 15

Entendus version is about 100000% better. And i can't stand him. LOL

• Like 1

hey i was complimenting you sir.

edit: on your superior mapmaking skills.

Edited by Olloch
  • Like 1

No roaming,

Need 5 people to even roam because of boats

Crappy winds will put people off anyway
No hell horses
Boat drivers Forced to lead 5 normal horses, death of boat driver = all those horses unfollowing...Fk this man.

You need to cut those entry-islands down by half, and take the halfs you cut off, and copy/paste into the middle. Really, you done a better job filling craters on the HOTA and they were crap anyway. Entry islands shouldn't be a focus on a cluster that has Entry islands OUTSIDE OF ELEVATION, YOU KNOW, "starter kingdoms" THIS island/server is suppose to bring concentrated pvp but instead you have been lazy and just put water everywhere, we're forced to travel to Elevation-styled deeds to even get to PvP which never happens. Really everybody was partying over the "small islands on outside, one big, chaos styled map in the middle" Why don't you just remember why we wanted a reset? Why people voted to lose years of work...

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 8

Really everybody was partying over the "small islands on outside, one big, chaos styled map in the middle" Why don't you just remember why we wanted a reset? Why people voted to lose years of work...

• Like 1

Edit5: Players from chaos are litterary joining the epic teamspeak just to laugh about the map... Laughing.

All is perfect, dont keep on complaining on every subject. Deal with it.

dont forget about bridges they might help you get around some on this map depending on how they work in pvp

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

wtb rare sail boat

why buy when you can take them for free

• Like 1

Rolf we want a large battleground for longterm kingdom warfare. not challenge 3.

heh. guess i won't be playing on epic anymore. nice one.

heh. guess i won't be playing on epic anymore. nice one.

Bye and dont come back

• Like 2

its a lot faster to sail across a map than sail around a map.. keep that in mind ladies

• Like 1

-1 to this map

Sorry but this map is bloody awful, way too much water, the centre island is far too small and all those tiny islands should not even exist.

Entendu's map is closer but water is still "dead" space, just need enough of a gap to sail around and seperate from the F2P islands.

• Like 4

What's the possibility of building long bridges from each home island to the center one using the small islands as jumping points?

I'll help seed the PvE maps torrents. I have a normal upload limit of 5Mbit/s but every little bit helps with torrents.

next time dont show the players the map before u release it

• Like 7

So, encouraging even MORE secrecy?

Yea, that'll help...

At least now, there's time to make tweaks (if he'll tweak it) and at least now he knows where the majority of the PVP community stands on it.

Better to do it sooner and get feedback and adjust, then have it just boom in his face upon release.

People will now have a bit of time to cool down.

• Like 1

its a lot faster to sail across a map than sail around a map.. keep that in mind ladies

You can still increase the middle island and be able to sail through it.

good concept, poor execution.

• Like 1

certified troll post right here.

Rolf does not play epic, he needs the transparent and honest feedback from the community in situations like this.

At the end of the day it's his game and he can do what he wants but player thoughts are free.

• Like 1

Epic fail (pun intended).

1. Less land mass than Elevation, which currently doesn't have enough room for PMKs.

2. Respawns and safe/starter deeds AT HotA? Are you serious? Safe mines are currently abused on Chaos and Elevation at HotA, and this was advised against. Also, we already have to kill certain players twice. Now we get to kill them four (six.... eight..... ten....) times because they respawn.

3. Killed roaming, nuff said.

4. Please play your own game. It might actually improve the quality overall.

Thanks,
NintendoJoe, Unhappy Costumer

EDIT: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/121627-how-to-make-new-elevation-not-suck/

Spawn block won't cut it when alts can just swim or take a boat there. People may even build bridges across the islands, possibly with little man made islands of their own to connect the bridges. No free to play at all on new Elevation.

Edited by SotG_is_OP

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

It sounds like there is some work that may need to be done to improve the map.

However that would, if it happens, cause some delays to the release of the new Elevation map.

Would a week or so be acceptable in that case? Nothing confirmed or anything yet as I would have to speak to Rolf but it would be the only way at this point.

• Like 25

Would a week or so be acceptable in that case? Nothing confirmed or anything yet as I would have to speak to Rolf but it would be the only way at this point.

Take a month for all we care.

Get it done the right way.

You are making multi-year-long changes to our gameplay, we can wait.

and based on how poorly designed this map was.. please release a new map (or multiple choices) and ask what players think.

Just take your time.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 17

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

It sounds like there is some work that may need to be done to improve the map.

However that would, if it happens, cause some delays to the release of the new Elevation map.

No way! I just took 1 week vacation. 

You got to be kidding me!!

• Like 2