Sign in to follow this  
ftoz

pvp changes

I saw pvp video, where MR destroy bone altar. It gave me an idea, that is easy now for MR destroy anything. Major problem is negative, positive selestion of all objects in wurm. Simply MR can go, mouse-over and destroy every red. So more interesting will be if object has same selection colour with no names. Get names, titles, path only on examine. So there will be no one color kingdom, but there will be space for spy inside. Game will be more flexibility, because anyone didnt know if one is enemy or ally. Wurm is no football, so why names written at back? In films more funny lines are when some opponent is inside, so it get interesting story. Why starving scared croco is red? Maybe shoul be natural green? Or simple no color and keep secret what kind of object it is. So come close and examine it. Sorry, but no in this wurm version.

LOL 

Why dont you try PVP and then write suggestion?

I only have to mouse-over now? So... you're saying I now have a free hand for... other... things?

Omg this is so true ! It was right infront of us the entire time, why didn't we already think of this ?!

+1 !!!!

Why i not try? Not waste time for something what is predictable. See some battles and no like it much. Players only mouse-over to find red, use bow, check healh and numbers of enemy. Tabards are little funny. To see any player health should be some strong articact or examine from 1 tile, which can allow it. Also funny watch someone, who stay 20 tiles away and checking all enemies. So that can dev add also long distance armour check and also long distance steal will be good.

Y can notice from videos that players only check red and health, so others is not important. 

If there will be not enemy colors, not heath bar, players must notice what every player do in battle, see more tabards, more examine, more remember players wear, notice, who is friend and who no. So many aspect, which will be game interesting.

Edited by ftoz

Health bar is absolutely overpower !!! Absolutely passtime !!!

Edited by ftoz

I can literally feel my braincells popping inside my skull.

There is the germ of an idea in the op's post, like if an office title was available, let's call it spotter for the moment and have up to 3 per kingdom this would require much more management and skill for the shot caller in a group fight than the observation ability of the hivemind. It's not by any means the worst idea I've seen in this board, it just makes 1v1 even less of a prospect, hmmmm

If there will be not enemy colors, not heath bar, players must notice what every player do in battle, see more tabards, more examine, more remember players wear, notice, who is friend and who no. So many aspect, which will be game interesting.

So instead of just clicking everyone who is red (which people don't do because that includes hunted people on your side)

You just click everyone who isn't wearing your tabard.

I really don't get how that changes anything.

I saw pvp video, where MR destroy bone altar. It gave me an idea, that is easy now for MR destroy anything. Major problem is negative, positive selestion of all objects in wurm. Simply MR can go, mouse-over and destroy every red. So more interesting will be if object has same selection colour with no names. Get names, titles, path only on examine. So there will be no one color kingdom, but there will be space for spy inside. Game will be more flexibility, because anyone didnt know if one is enemy or ally. Wurm is no football, so why names written at back? In films more funny lines are when some opponent is inside, so it get interesting story. Why starving scared croco is red? Maybe shoul be natural green? Or simple no color and keep secret what kind of object it is. So come close and examine it. Sorry, but no in this wurm version.

Have you actually played wurm?   I don't even know where to start this logic is so fundamentally flawed and full of confusion.    Hell it wouldn't even fix anything just make things more annoying.   You ever play DayZ and ask your buddy to give a little hop to show friend or foe over TS?  well that's pretty much the solution to your freaking moronic idea.   Most of the kingdoms use voice coms of some sort.   

Anyways....  I think I would get more sense out of your idea by standing on my head reading your statement backwards while trying to nurse a hangover, which is perhaps what you should go do now, since you got your drunken rant out of your system.   And no I'm not being harsh to you because I dislike you personally, but that you had no thought to actually thinking your idea through for one second before you posted it and wasted 2 mins of my life it took to write this silly reply.  

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

I actualy play wurm. Love his philosophy, love his live and crafting. After 1 year i am little bit overplayed. Try several pve uniques slay I am little bit confused, because hoped to try pvp. But problem for me is not pvp. Not waste time and money only for hard skilling to try pvp. Would like find game, whitch will be interesting in more aspects for long time playing. After several videos seeing I am speculating about another game if compare to others. Reason is simple. Wurm is base of text game, so there is no 3d area and due to fights will be only static in text layer. So simply y dont need see battle if y are in battle. Important are skills,  bars, combat lists. Devs try to get some virtual 3d place for more atractive design, but no sence for real fights. Fights should be run in real 3d area with 3d match hits, with move out and runs out. This was suggestion how to get more interstings features to current fights. I must agree with some youtube video that wurm fighting is boring. Maybe it should stay in 2d. 2d-3d hybrid in not good idea. I would like to see wurm with real 3d engine. Before I started play wurm I asked on irc if will plane to add 3d engine with no answer. It seems almost impossibe to rework most code.

Edited by ftoz

I actualy play wurm. Love his philosophy, love his live and crafting. After 1 year i am little bit overplay. Try several pve uniques slay I am little bit confused, because hoped to try pvp. But problem for me is not pvp. Not waste time and money only for hard skilling to try pvp. Would like find game, whitch will be interesting in more aspects for long time playing. After several videos seeing I am speculating about another game if compare to others. Reason is simple. Wurm is base of text game, so there is no 3d area and due to fights will be only static in text layer. So simply y dont need see battle if y are in battle. Important are skills,  bars, combat lists. Devs try to get some virtual 3d place for more atractive design, but no sence for real fights. Fights should be run in real 3d area with 3d match hits, with move out and runs out. This was suggestion how to get more interstings features to current fights. I must agree with some youtube video that wurm fighting is boring. Maybe it should stay in 2d. 2d-3d hybrid in not good idea. I would like to see wurm with real 3d engine. Before I started play wurm I asked on irc if will plane to add 3d engine with no answer. It seems almoust impossibe to rework most code.

1.   Wurm PvP is 3D, just not in the way mount and blade or most other games are.  You have to worry about your terrain, your positioning, and many other things, including how your facing an enemy.   

2.   Fights are not static, they change depending on the situation, the fighters, and how well you use your environment.   

3.   Wurm isn't like other fighting games, the biggest element is mostly in what you build as much as how you fight.   Especially on Chaos, where skills are slower, and gear is more expensive in some cases.   

On Chaos as well as the other PvP servers you have more than just uniques to slay, you also have vall cridders, even a vet has to be wary of them especially on a slow night, where there are not many players out and about outside deeds and the spawn chance is high on you as you roam around.

What I don't understand is how you can even grasp anything about PvP unless you actually try it.  It's probably why everyone thinks this topic is a troll post, but I think it's because you don't have the slightest clue how PvP actually works.   Epic is going to get an overhaul soon, go play that.  It has faster skillgain than Chaos and you can get your feet wet so to speak.  Hell even on chaos, It doesn't take much skill to participate in raids.  I started off in raids with less than 20 FS, helping mine rock shards and other odd jobs so it would free up our fighters.  

Once you get into the the way the servers work you will understand most of the better ones use PMKs to control kingdom access and everyone pretty much knows everyone else.  There is no way to "spy" from outside the kingdom because even as it stands most people not in the kingdom caught in a PMK's territory are killed on sight, and there are many ways for a kingdom to verify their members other than mouse over.