Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Clay - yet another way to modify it on ground tiles

ok, was thinking about how most of the ideas for clay are simply to remove it, but how about a method for dealing with it that requires a bit of work and potential realistic activity (time sinc) that devs enjoy incorporating into the game?

Clay ground in real life is a royal pain to work with.  Yes, you can dig it and like wurm, it digs much slower than regular ground.  However, what do we do when we make pottery?  Heat it until it hardens.  So I propose this:

- Build a burn pile on a tile of clay.  Clay hardens on that tile, making it possible to surface mine it, just like rock.  Can also pave it and even build on it (if level).

- What about the loss of a clay tile??  It isn't lost! If you mine it down to water level, you mine off the baked surface and it returns to soft clay, since the water table prevents it from hardening at that depth.

This is a big plus for players and Code Club, as it will likely give many deed holders a reason to expand their deeds, now that the shore is much more functional.

• Like 2

So...  Surface mine something to water level?

Maybe if surface mining were made easier....

but surface mining it is better than being stuck with a useless clay tile, right?  At least this way you have options to use that dead space, but ultimately not destroying a potential resource