Sign in to follow this  
Fawkes

Make harder missions give better rewards

There's a pretty big difference between "sacrifice two mission items" and "drain the enemy capital", but the game treats both the same: by giving you 1000 scenario points and reducing your god's move timer by a set amount. The result is that people mainly focus on the easy missions, while letting the harder missions time out.

This creates a few problems:

-First, because people are only doing the easiest missions, they aren't creating nearly as much PvP as they could (which is the main point of the mission system in the first place).
-And second, it amplifies the randomness of the scenario reward system; if I finish a "cut down a lemon tree 20 feet from DSC" mission and someone else finishes a "drain the enemy capital" mission, we both have an equal chance of getting the scenario reward. This is unfair to people who actually put in work. Additionally, whether a god wins a scenario can largely come down to luck. If Mag gets three pylon missions in a row and Fo gets three "kill 20 spiders" missions in a row, guess who's going to win?

The solution is to scale mission rewards relative to the mission's difficulty. Harder missions should give far more scenario points and move your god faster, with extremely hard missions granting an extra buff to your god's strength and vitality as well.

Tl;dr People who put in work and take risks deserve to win scenarios more than people who rely on the RNG, so reward them properly.

• Like 4

Doing your own home server missions should also give little to no scenario points due to having no risk to complete

i feel like it should also scale with the scenario

if its short, shittier missions should give more than normal, if its a long one, give smaller amounts

• Like 1

I agree that the missions don't seem to differentiate between difficulty.  However, it's also really hard to determine what missions of the same type are equally difficult.  Example being, some crappy deed on mrh with 1 walnut tree in front for a walnut tree mission is done in 10 seconds and cut a pine tree north of EC where all pines are in a thick forest starting 40 tiles away, same mission, same chance to be equally... equal, but the second can also be very much harder.  Then you have things like pylons and such, they definitely need to award points properly between builders if they give more rewards.  Mission item ones can also get painfully hard, I've actually spent 6 hours straight running around elevation to do 4 sac 8 mission items in a row, clearly a lot harder than take 1 out of the chest and sac it

Doing your own home server missions should also give little to no scenario points due to having no risk to complete

It was once suggested that home server missions give less than normal, elevation giving normal, and enemy homes giving more than normal, kind of a good idea on paper.  But... a lot of ele missions are still super easy, and some enemy home missions you can easily do naked with 1fs and never be seen

i feel like it should also scale with the scenario

if its short, shittier missions should give more than normal, if its a long one, give smaller amounts

naw

Ultimately in general, with all the fluctuations between actual mission difficulty and risk... I'm not sure point rewards should change.  If anything, 2 checks for more rewards.  1. on Elevation  2.  in enemy territory