1. Remove death tabs - simple, it makes back dooring that much harder, is a bit less discouraging to roaming; this will compliment the large server size wonderfully

2. Don't spawn hell horses... ever... - same as above, and they're stupidly broken (wanna hear a joke? 5 speed oak shelled HH with supreme gear)

3. Fix catapulting - it sucks, go back to the old system or make it actually not boring and tedious

4. Remove the dumb nerfs to archery and armor - go back to the pre-mid-summer patch for these, they currently suck

5. Revert shield bashing - currently useless and an indirect buff to sotg and armor buff stacking, also can't stun people to prevent them from running and hopping at gates and mines; revert it

6. Remove volcano rod - this was given out immediately after you fixed the eyesores on Elevation; remove it please

7. Don't allow gigantic rock pillars to spawn - easily abusable for mid-map deeded mine hops and nearly indestructible reinforced safe mines / vaults

8. Remove animal ratio from PvP (or all servers) - it sucks, it doesn't work, and it's pointless when several dozen horses die in one fight, it increases the down time between PvP

9. Place a limit on deed distance from HotA - deeds will be abused as they currently are on Elevation and Chaos for mine hops at HotA

10. No free-to-play - free-to-play are literally 100% useless for anything productive on PvP servers, they cannot fight or contribute to a village; they can only be abused for safe storage, to kite mob trains into people's horses, to scout local (the deactivated local list is bugged and often doesn't block local), to attack horses directly, and other annoying and abusive behavior

11. Fix teleporting - the large map is going to encourage the same type of abuse as on Chaos in addition to what is currently seen; block teleporting of all types within a certain time after crossing a server border, before / during HotA, after leaving enemy local, and within 24 hours of being added to a village

12. Fix nolocate - it currently is a 100% block rate on all forms of locating when cast on body with no counter (aside from dispel, which is obviously useless if you don't know where the enemy is, hence locates); cap it by cast power for locate soul, remove or nerf locate block for locate creatures and lurker in the dark

13. Remove hunted status and reputation - it only hinders PvP, you get hit by your own kingdom's AoEs, you ping on their pendulums, and you count as an enemy (suspected CR nerf on your own home server)

Please consider these. New Elevation needs new fun. I don't think anyone wants it to suck and I think most people can agree on many of these.

• Like 3

1. Death tabs are okay, it was only an issue on elevation due to short distances.

2. Hell horses removes the ability to bring a dominated/zombified troll or tamed champ croc.

3. Yea catapulting sucks

4. The armor nerfs suck and noone liked them, true.

5. Yep the shield bash nerf sucks too.

6. Yep the volcano rods also suck.

7. Yep the valrei pillars also sucks.

8. Meh i can see why this was implemented, but I think it should be raised a bit for pvp servers.

9. Since the map is far larger a 100 distance perimeter around hota wouldn't hurt.

10. F2P are fine. whatever spying can be done on a f2p alt can also be done on a p2p alt... but worse.

11. Teleporting in the way its implemented atm is ######, when a deed is on lockdown it should be blocked.

12. I don't know how I feel about this one tbh.

13. no experience with reputation/hunted status.

Surprised you didnt say remove SoTG.

Actually a decent thread. 

+1 to all ideas 

1. yes 

2. yes

3. yes

4. no  the nerfs to archery can be annoying but it makes an overpowered skill less overpowered

5. no  the nerfs to shieldbashing can be annoying but it makes an overpowered skill less overpowered

6. yes

7. yes

8. no  the ratio can be annoying but it makes overpowered amounts of horses less overpowered

9. yes

10. yes

11. yes

12. no just remove locate soul and no locate

13. yes

Remove the words chaos, as the title states its elevation only, don't combine the two.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of these added to chaos, but fix what needs to before you launch a new map full of broken features massive +1

1.  Fine as is, no removal and no timers.  Backdooring, while sucks and I personally have cried many tears about it, it's a good way to also increase pvp

2.  What Zeke said

3.  I don't see that happening, new system is involved for everything.  Archery, catapults, trebuchet etc.  There's a lot of nonsense that would be great to see fixed, but I don't have hopes up for any time soon

4.  Remove the penalties, but keep the buffs for weaker armors

5.  Mmmmm hard to say really.  It can use some tweaking, but tbh, I like the new system where you have a chance to keep your balance if you don't evade it first.  Anyone that thinks shield bashing wasn't beyond too powerful beforehand is denying themselves something harsh.  It's a bit too hard to bash now, but certainly not impossible (67 actual bashing, can still certainly bash, but not all the time which is a good thing, just could tier the difficulty a little better)

6.  Honestly... with a larger map does it matter?  The boulders are a good thing, they give incentives to go out and wander.  Just could maybe use some tweaking on sizes and stuff

7.  The max size was fixed, I don't see the issue.  MR hota mine went months and months untouched... with unfinished walls on top because Stevo said he finished them but never actually did.  Only ever drained once by BL which showed me that it was all unfinished.  People just didn't even try

8.  Eh, it hasn't really ever been an issue granted EC was a large deed.  Can stand to be removed to allow freedom of horse stock/pet stock, or at least raising it a bit

9.  Nope.  The distance itself is the hota zone.  A little bit of safety is necessary for people to attend, nobody is going to travel there just to get 20 seconds of "oh s..." and get screwed because they can't escape.  If people know they will probably get rolled everytime they try... there just will be no attendance unless you surely have the largest group

10.  Yep

11.  No, if I'm certainly a villager in my own deed, I damn well better hope I can port back there quickly if I have to defend something.  Easy fix for abuse, need to be a villager for 24 hours prior to porting.

12.  Undecided

13.  No comment on home servers as it's clearly meant to stay, but it accomplishes nothing on Elevation so remove it

1.  Fine as is, no removal and no timers.  Backdooring, while sucks and I personally have cried many tears about it, it's a good way to also increase pvp

2.  What Zeke said

3.  I don't see that happening, new system is involved for everything.  Archery, catapults, trebuchet etc.  There's a lot of nonsense that would be great to see fixed, but I don't have hopes up for any time soon

4.  Remove the penalties, but keep the buffs for weaker armors

5.  Mmmmm hard to say really.  It can use some tweaking, but tbh, I like the new system where you have a chance to keep your balance if you don't evade it first.  Anyone that thinks shield bashing wasn't beyond too powerful beforehand is denying themselves something harsh.  It's a bit too hard to bash now, but certainly not impossible (67 actual bashing, can still certainly bash, but not all the time which is a good thing, just could tier the difficulty a little better)

6.  Honestly... with a larger map does it matter?  The boulders are a good thing, they give incentives to go out and wander.  Just could maybe use some tweaking on sizes and stuff

7.  The max size was fixed, I don't see the issue.  MR hota mine went months and months untouched... with unfinished walls on top because Stevo said he finished them but never actually did.  Only ever drained once by BL which showed me that it was all unfinished.  People just didn't even try

8.  Eh, it hasn't really ever been an issue granted EC was a large deed.  Can stand to be removed to allow freedom of horse stock/pet stock, or at least raising it a bit

9.  Nope.  The distance itself is the hota zone.  A little bit of safety is necessary for people to attend, nobody is going to travel there just to get 20 seconds of "oh s..." and get screwed because they can't escape.  If people know they will probably get rolled everytime they try... there just will be no attendance unless you surely have the largest group

10.  Yep

11.  No, if I'm certainly a villager in my own deed, I damn well better hope I can port back there quickly if I have to defend something.  Easy fix for abuse, need to be a villager for 24 hours prior to porting.

12.  Undecided

13.  No comment on home servers as it's clearly meant to stay, but it accomplishes nothing on Elevation so remove it

Edited by Propheteer

To be fair, about the MR hota deed

It took a few hours considering we couldn't catapult it at all and had to bash it with the artifacts as 40ish sandwiches weren't enough for more than two people. A 50 winch, the max winch for a catapult, didn't even go half way up the pillar.

Edited by MrGARY

Catapult/bash what? All the walls were unfinished... Full perimeter around the pillar top and token was completely unfinished walls.  I get catapulting high slopes sucks, we did it to fully raid Babylon which was on a similar pillar, but it took less than several hours with just 1 (maybe was 2?) catapults.  Edit: to add which makes me confused what nonsense you're talking about with 50 winch not making it half way up?  Are you confused about what pillar we're talking about?

20 sandwiches is more than enough to climb 2 several thousand slope dropshafts... dunno if you're using 30ql sandwiches or what.

If it's built up?  Sure that can be a problem, just like any other deed that has time spent into building it.  And just like any deed that has time spent into building it (Zerus hello?) if someone wants to truly raid it, it will get raided.

Edited by Propheteer

Good post OP

1. Remove death tabs - simple, it makes back dooring that much harder, is a bit less discouraging to roaming; this will compliment the large server size wonderfully

Needs a delay at least.

2. Don't spawn hell horses... ever... - same as above, and they're stupidly broken (wanna hear a joke? 5 speed oak shelled HH with supreme gear)

Yes

3. Fix catapulting - it sucks, go back to the old system or make it actually not boring and tedious

No, its much better than the old system.

4. Remove the dumb nerfs to archery and armor - go back to the pre-mid-summer patch for these, they currently suck

5. Revert shield bashing - currently useless and an indirect buff to sotg and armor buff stacking, also can't stun people to prevent them from running and hopping at gates and mines; revert it

Both of these look like they aimed at making light armors usefull. Just need to buff the dmg resistant and or glance rate on light armors and make dragon armors a little heavier. 

6. Remove volcano rod - this was given out immediately after you fixed the eyesores on Elevation; remove it please

Yes

7. Don't allow gigantic rock pillars to spawn - easily abusable for mid-map deeded mine hops and nearly indestructible reinforced safe mines / vaults

Yes

8. Remove animal ratio from PvP (or all servers) - it sucks, it doesn't work, and it's pointless when several dozen horses die in one fight, it increases the down time between PvP

Or make gestation period shorter or make normal foals pop out like hellhorses, this would lower the herd numbers.

9. Place a limit on deed distance from HotA - deeds will be abused as they currently are on Elevation and Chaos for mine hops at HotA

Yes

10. No free-to-play - free-to-play are literally 100% useless for anything productive on PvP servers, they cannot fight or contribute to a village; they can only be abused for safe storage, to kite mob trains into people's horses, to scout local (the deactivated local list is bugged and often doesn't block local), to attack horses directly, and other annoying and abusive behavior

Yes, we have home servers ftp. if ppl have access to a PC and internet, they can find a way to pay the prem 

11. Fix teleporting - the large map is going to encourage the same type of abuse as on Chaos in addition to what is currently seen; block teleporting of all types within a certain time after crossing a server border, before / during HotA, after leaving enemy local, and within 24 hours of being added to a village

Yes

12. Fix nolocate - it currently is a 100% block rate on all forms of locating when cast on body with no counter (aside from dispel, which is obviously useless if you don't know where the enemy is, hence locates); cap it by cast power for locate soul, remove or nerf locate block for locate creatures and lurker in the dark

Noway hosay

13. Remove hunted status and reputation - it only hinders PvP, you get hit by your own kingdom's AoEs, you ping on their pendulums, and you count as an enemy (suspected CR nerf on your own home server)

There needs to be a system that hurts same kingdom killers. To replace it would overflow the to hard basket.

a. i agree with some others, delay the deathtabs by maybe an hour? as for capping towers and such, that should stay the same.

a. i agree. no hell horses. or just fix the ability to not be able to oak shell mobs, and only oak shell players. like it should be intended. same with all enchants besides bless.

a2. although, hell horses might be needed since map will be 4 times as big.

a. i like the current catapulting, actually seems abit to easy atm i think. should be more boring and harder to do! like, maybe the higher ur skill the more dmg you do or more accurate you are. lower skill = you miss more + less dmg. or something!

a. i like the archery and armor atm. i dont like how when you aim at a face, cause you have the skill lvl, you miss more often then as if you just click the shoot arrow button on the target window. its dumb. THAT needs to be fixed.

a. i sb just fine. get more skill please.

a. or change how volcano rod acts, make it actually spawn a mountain, with the lava tiles in the middle, and the mountain spawned is evenly sloped towards the middle or something. not a big giant crater with lava tiles for every single tile. thats dumb.

a. i agree here!

a. nothing wrong with animal ratio. increase your deed size, and move animals you aren't breeding off the deed. simple.

a. i agree.

a. but i want alts to hold my merchant items :(

a. no info on this. i agree i suppose.

a. increase the tracking ability to further its ability even more, like tracking in a specific radius of the tile you click on based on skill lvl rather then just that specific tile. i dont know.

a. dont agree with this. the hunted system needs to be fixed though. 

Please consider these. New Elevation needs new fun. I don't think anyone wants it to suck and I think most people can agree on many of these.

In response to all this stuff about keeping hell horses, mine hop deeds, and reintroducing mine/gate hops:

If you need to have safety to PvP, there's something wrong. It makes PvP extremely boring and skews it in favor of whoever has the most mine hops and can combat log when they're in trouble. I don't know why, but so many people now are leaning so far toward making PvP consensual to both parties, which only breaks the system further. If you don't want to PvP on a PvP server, you have a deed for a reason. If you leave said deed (or if it gets raided), then prepare to fight.

If you need hell horses, mine hops, HotA deeds, and all this safety net nonsense, that's poor preparation or flat out lack of ability on your part. No actual fighters want to PvP with or against people who are going to pansy out like that. 

Ironically enough, the people pushing for more safety are also some of the same people complaining about "home server carebears". 

In response to all this stuff about keeping hell horses, mine hop deeds, and reintroducing mine/gate hops:

If you need to have safety to PvP, there's something wrong. It makes PvP extremely boring and skews it in favor of whoever has the most mine hops and can combat log when they're in trouble. I don't know why, but so many people now are leaning so far toward making PvP consensual to both parties, which only breaks the system further. If you don't want to PvP on a PvP server, you have a deed for a reason. If you leave said deed (or if it gets raided), then prepare to fight.

If you need hell horses, mine hops, HotA deeds, and all this safety net nonsense, that's poor preparation or flat out lack of ability on your part. No actual fighters want to PvP with or against people who are going to pansy out like that. 

Ironically enough, the people pushing for more safety are also some of the same people complaining about "home server carebears". 

i think the horses should be changed.

hell horses could be the short distance sprinters, good for pvp, where they are fast for short distances, such as work off of your stamina or something.

the normal horses could be the marathon runners, they have over all better speed for long distances.

or, the hell horses could be changed, to once you run out of stamina, then they take a speed hit, like 25% reduced speed or something

something. ;)

I don't think you understand.  If people go to see if they can pvp (like, doing hota) and find out every single time they can't and they only get rolled and lose everything and their horses for trying to even tell if they can do anything, they will just not go.  Its not hurr duur I'm a pansy I need a safety net, it falls back to the simple basic idea that nobody wants to willingly get rolled.  People want to win, or at least have a chance, you want to remove every opportunity a group may have to say nope, this is a bad idea let's go.  Every single kingdom/group is like this

I don't think you understand.  If people go to see if they can pvp (like, doing hota) and find out every single time they can't and they only get rolled and lose everything and their horses for trying to even tell if they can do anything, they will just not go.  Its not hurr duur I'm a pansy I need a safety net, it falls back to the simple basic idea that nobody wants to willingly get rolled.  People want to win, or at least have a chance, you want to remove every opportunity a group may have to say nope, this is a bad idea let's go.  Every single kingdom/group is like this

so removing local would solve that. rofl. no more telling if your group will get rolled, its fight to the death, or fight till its over. :)

The new map sucks. It will kill Epic as a whole. Don't even...

@ Gary: When you hide in a mine, other players just leave to avoid archery spam from safety. In that case, PvP doesn't happen at all. PvP should not be fully consensual.

Edited by SotG_is_OP

new map fixes most of these issues we talked about.... hahahahahhaha

1. new elevation map fixes the back dooring prob and the roaming prob. ROFL.

2. new map fixes hell horses. cant use em from island to island.

3. cant catapult. new map fixed that.

4. now its just archery fighting from boats. what nerfs? new map fixed this.

5. shield bashing no longer effective, boat fight ftw. new map fixed this.

6. can you even use volcano rod in water? new map fixed.

7. no idea.

8. barely any animals now. no need to have animals. new map fixed.

9.  i guess he did this? new map fixed.

10. new map. fixed.

11. not required to fix. people will want this with only boat traveling on new map. FIXED.

12. ha! dont matter! you can see them from a mile away now with all the water and no trees/hills to block view. FIXED

13. SOL here. thats home server problem.

rolf fixed all your issues. :)

• Like 1