Sign in to follow this  
Freelancer

Few Insights and ideas on Wool and carpentry .

1) Spinnig Wheel - need 35 fine carp to make. Gee attaching few shafts  smal wheel and  a plank it far more  difficult than making a boat, cart (2 wheels and lot of planks), or house Not to mention floor loom..  When it comes to  min level its more than epic fail.  Same  situation with trellis - i can make roundpole fence - yet cant make trellis - more than epic fail.

Want to restict it to a premium players? 21Carp is enough....

2)Usage of wool / yarn

a) Yarn sack - To transport seeds like a portable  fsb for seeds - let say 50-100kg of seeds ? Model already exist in game. Ql affects the wmount of seeds inside .Something like  0,86kg per 1ql of sack.

B) yarn canopy -  colorful (paintable?)

c) sleeping bag / bedroll  / bed cover - yarn fur and cotton

d) yarn sails

3) Carpentry ideas

a) Portable Sprout box - up to 50 sprouts per box

B) Crude Wooden fence should use pegs instead nails - as for now it does not difeer from clasic  fence. only texture is different

4) Animal "upgrades"

a) Pig should yeld  hide as in real life  depend of age  old / veneralbe most. - because now  pig is pretty useless

B) Pigs, cows, bisons, shoul yeld more fat - i dont expect them to give RL amount but  up to 10kg should be suitable

Yarn sails? If they got wet the boat would capsize. Wool yarn retains far too much water and tends to stretch too much. -1

Pegs for crude wooden fence. +1

Pig hide? All hide becomes the same thing, leather, right.? Since pig hide is not thick enough for armor how are you going to distinguish between pig leather and say cattle leather? Never heard of pig hide being used for much. -1

Other stuff don't know one way or the other. 

Yarn sails? If they got wet the boat would capsize. Wool yarn retains far too much water and tends to stretch too much. -1

Pegs for crude wooden fence. +1

Pig hide? All hide becomes the same thing, leather, right.? Since pig hide is not thick enough for armor how are you going to distinguish between pig leather and say cattle leather? Never heard of pig hide being used for much. -1

Other stuff don't know one way or the other. 

Let sails off.

About Pig hide - gee - as far as i remember in some cases there were armours  that consists of  multile layers of leather.   After all we can distinguish by "light leather armour" and heavy (normal one).

Not to mention that mostly for chain armour there were leather inlays.  Another use - ceremonial armour. Mulltiple explanations.  And most important of all Wurmlogic -  it would be simplification. as i mention  earlier pigs ar now useless.

Dude, I'm not here to argue. Pig skin is used for saddles and clothing. AFAIK never for armor. Talk to history about that. Not me. 

Edited by Sarcaticous

Dude, I'm not here to argue. Pig skin is used for saddles and clothing. AFAIK never for armor. Talk to history about that. Not me. 

Gee if we'd keep on history wurm would be too complicated - and yet as i metnioned earlier Wurmlogic -  as there are many other historical inaccuracies. First of all - nails - in medieval times were  almost luxury commodity. as well as any other metalware.  Wine making - in orginal process it was grape juice mashed with feet ant left to ferment. In more "civilised"version it was  juice mixed with yates. Metal shovel ? Forget it  was purely wooden, as rake, hay fork, hoe, and many other.  Even carpenters used saws on very rare ocassions, thay made planks using  wooden wedges and mallets they were very crude, yet  working.  I can  find many many other examples.

"sleeping bag / bedroll"

I like this idea. You could get sleep-bonus at a reduced rate, and the sleeping bag decays with time spent sleeping in it.

Here, hows this. -1

Those that post in this sub forum and then rail at people who's opinions differs from theirs need to get a grip on themselves. I don't see you protesting to the examples I agreed with of course. If you want only yesmen please say so in your OP so I don't waste my time or yours with either agreeing or disagreeing with your opinions. I like reading the ideas of others but it really gets old seeing the tantrums.

Pigskin has not been used for armor for good reason. It is thin. Layered armor is inferior to just thick armor. Thick leather is readily available so why bother with thin armor that needs to be layered? Yes, WURM is fantasy. But all fantasy is grounded if fact also. I want snake skin armor. I want bird armor. I want fish armor. I want human armor. Well, that last is a really bad idea I guess. Maybe troll instead. It could pick your nose for you every now and then. Just don't let it pick your seat.  :P

Edited by Sarcaticous

Here, hows this. -1

Those that post in this sub forum and then rail at people who's opinions differs from theirs need to get a grip on themselves. I don't see you protesting to the examples I agreed with of course. If you want only yesmen please say so in your OP so I don't waste my time or yours with either agreeing or disagreeing with your opinions. I like reading the ideas of others but it really gets old seeing the tantrums.

Pigskin has not been used for armor for good reason. It is thin. Layered armor is inferior to just thick armor. Thick leather is readily available so why bother with thin armor that needs to be layered? Yes, WURM is fantasy. But all fantasy is grounded if fact also. I want snake skin armor. I want bird armor. I want fish armor. I want human armor. Well, that last is a really bad idea I guess. Maybe troll instead. It could pick your nose for you every now and then. Just don't let it pick your seat.  :P

Well at this point you shoot yourself in a knee  For two reasons :

1) If we agree with all other simplifications, why dont we agree  with this one ?  BTW Boar is a pig too and it has thick hide. Yet it depends on race and the age. of course todays "piglets have thin  hide"

2) About bird and human armour - some pre columbian indian tribes used bird feathers as a part of an armour, as well as human and animal bones. Of course the matter of effectivnes lay in their intimidation effect than in real durability or protection value, but one way or another it was used as an armour or its part.

In the end .. take a distance and look at this as a simplification, not as a  closing to reality.

1a) I don't. 1b) You said pig. 1c) No again.

2a) Feathers are armor. Right. Now you are becoming ridiculous. 2b) No again. It's not a simplification. You are adding something that is not there. That adds complexity. 

I'm thinking people are viewing us as the boars here so I'll leave it as what I've already posted.