Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Outline on planned features and direction?

Hey there Rolf and Devs! :)

I was wondering if it would be possible to get an outline of sorts for the rest of the year in regards to what you have planned after bridges and revamping the Elevation server?

What kind of new features do you have in the works, where does the future of challenge lie, and what kind of goodies are you working on?

I think if we had a kind of outline of sorts (even if just a rough tentative draft) that it would very much help people see where the 'future of Wurm' is and give us something solid we can get behind.

Thank you so very much for your time! :wub:

• Like 2

I like the surprise element of this game..sometimes anyways. 

Show up one day..and new gods.. or bridges.

• Like 2

I like the surprise element of this game..sometimes anyways. 

Show up one day..and new gods.. or bridges.

Show up and wurm is FPS?  :D

• Like 1

Hi there,

While there are future plans for new items, creatures and various works, these are still all tentative and far from implementation.

We use the news updates to give you a sneek peek at what we are working on and will continue to share news and information as we go on, however we will not be outlining our full plans for the rest of the year in one go as to avoid issues arising from unforseen circumstances.

Regards,

Retrograde

• Like 3

That's why it's called a 'rough' outline boss. ;)

It's your call of course.

But whenever you are tempted to keep things so tight to the chest, remember this phrase...

'Think Warmachines'.

No news

No updates.

Just BAM. Live. And community goes boom.

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 3

Still doesn't change the answer. Keep on reading the news updates every friday for features and changes, we'll include as much as we can.

• Like 1

Okie dokie then.

I was just thinking the other day though how an unstated/unpublished direction may be in some ways contributing to the problem of customer retention. Just echoing what others have stated in the past, about  how not knowing what the 'game plan' is (if there even is one...) for the game kind of puts some people off from further investment. I was thinking that maybe showing people what direction Wurm is going to be heading might re-energize a few old batteries, so to speak, and get people...oh, I dunno.. excited about the game again, I suppose.

At least a heads up on nerfs would be nice... 

As long as nerfs stay in ninja mode, it's hard for people not to take them as "in benefit of 3 or 4 kiddies who whined loud enough on IRC" and/or "this guy just wants to shut down all servers and keep a single pvp server with 50 people".

Still doesn't change the answer. Keep on reading the news updates every friday for features and changes, we'll include as much as we can.

Can we get some better patch notes please? As in more than just "tweaked some arbitrary number that you guys didn't know existed?"

I'd be happy if we had a outline of what features are already IN the game. So we don't get anymore of those "features" that turned out to be "bugs" after years (or months at least) ingame.

You know actual "official" info about what's what and how's what supposed to do which, when.

I just read Retrograde's reply and only thing i could take out of it is: "There's hardly a plan, and whatever is planned we won't tell you about it because devs are bound to get distracted doing unplanned stuff, so we can't tell you about the plan so that if the plan doesn't come out as planned you won't get to complain about what we said was planned -think bridges - planned for years and you ingrates keep complaining we're doing whatnot and never release bridges".

I know that's not what's written, but that's what my brain registered.

Edited by KanePT

Up to date patch notes would be really really nice!  Beyond that I will just enjoy things as they come.

For those of you that are opposed to this idea.

I guess do not ask for things to be changed or reverted back when something gets implemented you don't like. You say you like suprises and new things... But we all saw what happened with the warmachines... Whether you like it or not... You should accept it... As you are not willing to have an outline. 

Changes and additions are fine right? As long as its something you like?

As well as no plans for bugs to ever get fixed or anything like that.

I guess the reason the team doesn't want to commit to long-term plans is. They know they won't be able to keep them. Or they want to be able to say, "this wasn't an intended feature" so they can change and alter anything at any given time.

Gotta be REALLY careful with the "you guess, we may tell you" policy.  Instant it costs someone money unnecessarily you've got a bait and switch situation that no game with this small a playerbase wants.

Wurm's community was VERY forgiving about the "Take measures" from Rolf when the removal of enclosures' protection was announced.  People bought huge deeds to prepare for the ratio implosion from not using their perimeters anymore, others just to simply cover their own enclosures, deeds were disbanded and replanted because the token was off-center from the new borders, then out of the blue 1-directional expansion and a reduction in 50% of tile cost was announced.  Something very good became something short of a moneygrabbing scam in 3 seconds.

I base most of my purchases in Wurm on "minimizing buyer's remorse, just in case".  Can't be good for Wurm's finances in the long run, perpetuating that kind of feeling among the CUSTOMERS.  'nuff said.

While I can understand wanting to know what is/has been changed, it amazes me, (and I am not referring to this thread specifically!) how unbelievably rude some people are to the devs. It is one thing to disagree or complain about something that is or is not done, but geez... some of the comments that get made here, you would never say to someone's face... at least I would hope not!

*climbs back off soapbox*

• Like 1

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/121683-news-update-work-and-progress-week-15/

And THAT, sir, is why you release an outline. Not only to have people get behind an idea, but to give them time to 'cool down' when you do something opposite of what the community asked for.

Good job with the map release preview. Seriously. Had you not done so it would have 'Epically' blown up in your face the moment it went live.

Some sort of long term roadmap would be nice.

I kind of understand not mentioning planned changes that would effect gameplay resulting in players doing crazy things in anticipation of said changes. But surely there are some long term goals that could be shared with the player base that won't cause everyone to go crazy over. :P

Would be nice, also alot of people wonder about Combat overhaul, 3d mines, and a few other things that were talken about in the past with no updates on their status in a long time

Gotta be REALLY careful with the "you guess, we may tell you" policy. Instant it costs someone money unnecessarily you've got a bait and switch situation that no game with this small a playerbase wants.

Wurm's community was VERY forgiving about the "Take measures" from Rolf when the removal of enclosures' protection was announced. People bought huge deeds to prepare for the ratio implosion from not using their perimeters anymore, others just to simply cover their own enclosures, deeds were disbanded and replanted because the token was off-center from the new borders, then out of the blue 1-directional expansion and a reduction in 50% of tile cost was announced. Something very good became something short of a moneygrabbing scam in 3 seconds.

I base most of my purchases in Wurm on "minimizing buyer's remorse, just in case". Can't be good for Wurm's finances in the long run, perpetuating that kind of feeling among the CUSTOMERS. 'nuff said.