Sign in to follow this  
Tuanta

Maximizing combat skills [PVE]

I hear AoSP and other enchants reduce skill gains.

Do weapon enchants reduce skill gains?

Are there any other tips, advice, that would help someone looking to maximize combat skill gain from PVE combat?

By "combat skill gain" I mean fighting skill (Both primary and stance skills) and also weapon skills (Both primary and sub skills).

I'm clearing every mob I see and would like to maximize my skill gain as much as possible.

I'm sure others who would like to hunt on the server, would also appreciate me finishing sooner than later as well. :P

I'm currently 85 Fighting and 71 aggressive stance, with at least 50 in all other stances and weapon sub types. (Minus clubs and halberd, which I hope to work on next week thanks to some LT casts)

My primary goal is to hit 90 fighting asap and beyond if possible.

Thanks in advance

LT, Nimble, CoC, MS, especially MS for the stat gains for hunting over long periods of time on your weapon

Use a shield, easier to take on multitudes of mobs, get CoC on that too, low ql shield as possible. Don't use MMS as skillgain on it is 1/4th the other shields, has been bugged for a long time now.

Armor enchants won't matter, web won't help, AOSP will lower the damage you need to do to kill the mob, so you will kill it faster, so you get less skillgain.

Mindspeed is based off of the number of times you hit the mob, weaponless is the absolute best gain for that, otherwise use a shortsword.

hopefully that helps, don't forget that each weapontype affects particular stats more than others.

As per mob tricks, bison give the best fs in terms of efficiency to kill. For me on epic, they give barely less than a hardened troll, and slightly less than a greenish, but take 1/4th the time to kill, but you might as well just kill everything you see. If you choose to grind archery for FS gains, don't bother shooting at crocodiles or bison.

I'd also like to make the recommendation just incase you do transfer to a PvP server later, or you transfer to sword + shield, to start training up Normal fighting style. It works best with a shield.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 7

Armor enchants won't matter, web won't help, AOSP will lower the damage you need to do to kill the mob, so you will kill it faster, so you get less skillgain.

Less skill gain from other skills, not less FS right?

Less skill gain from other skills, not less FS right?

correct