Sign in to follow this  
SinisterPrime

Graphics Running Poorly And Having Massive FPS Loss : Possible Solution!

Hey all,

I have been fighting with the game for awhile now trying to make it playable as it generally will completely freeze when it decides it needs to load something. The FPS will hit 0 and then jump back up for a time being until the game is forced to load something again.

This happens with all settings on the lowest possible setting, including taking all animations off as well. 

Solution you can try:

My computer is horrible, dual core with a GTX 460 with 8Gigs of ram, so I do not expect a lot out of it. However I was able to get a nice fluid game play with even decent graphics and distance rendering settings by going in to my Nvidia settings and checking out the 3D settings. For some reason my settings were set to have the CPU handle all 3D rendering thus bogging down the system. I changed this setting to have the GTX 460 handle all 3D rendering and it has been amazing! 

Anyways, maybe this will help someone.

- Sin

• Like 1

yeah. This happens a lot, with the auto sensing graphics, or Optima.  By default, I just always go in and tell Nvidia cards to handle everything.

After that, another thing that has helped me a lot is to do a 360-degree spin at first log-in. This helps when I'm not intending to travel much more than 50 tiles or so from log-in site. For travel days I will do that spin when it starts to bog down. What I believe is happening is that you end up forcing the UI to load everything in that panorama and ditch old info. Doesn't always work but sure helps on low video power machines.

I wonder if that would have me a while back.

I was mining with 4 alts and at times, I found that if they were all faced the same direction, my frame rate dropped to about 2.

When I turned one 45 degrees or so, it was back to 30fps and 60fps for the active window...