Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Deity!

This is dumb.

We don't ask for most of this, Rolf just does it. Animal ratio is bad, we don't care about furniture or new clothing. We aren't getting the PvP balance we want. We aren't getting the bug fixes (Valrei pls) we need. We still have bugs that occur on a regular basis that have been around for years, meaningless tedium, broken mechanics, terribad combat, useless archery, useless shield bashing, random as all hell casting, band-aid patches, Sea World, etc.

You don't ask for most of this, Rolf just does it. Taming nerf is bad, leading nerf (intensifies taming nerf) is bad, animal ratio is bad, armor nerf and useless archery are bad, spells are bad against mobs, karma spells are bad against mobs, bugs from years ago still exist, etc.

Don't direct the whining at us. Don't direct it at the players. Don't direct it at anyone except who is responsible. Direct it at Rolf. Make him see that he needs to listen to our feedback. This isn't our fault. It isn't your fault. It is Rolf's fault. It is Rolf's responsibility to work this out, and that isn't being done because new features have always taken priority over old problems. It's time for that to change.

While i support your post, i disagree with one point. While no-one asks for those changes. There's ALWAYS, BUT ALWAYS, some fan-boys that will support and excuse those changes, no matter how obviously wrong and inexcusable they are, there's always people saying things like "its Rolf's Game", "its his vision", "Rolf knows what he's doing", "its a bug", etc.

Even when Rolf did the unthinkable and the most unprofessional thing i've ever seen in a game in 20 years of gaming, as in the raid on Sparta? - i think that was the deed name?- there were still people excusing him (well that time it was mostly the people that had something to gain from Rolf's misdoing), which brings us full-circle. There's always 3 types of people in any argument about improvements or changes:

- People that want the game to improve in general;

- Fanboys;

- People that are against any change that will affect their profit.

So yeah, there's people out there that deserve part of the blame. Its the ones stroking the dev's Ego and propagating an image of infallibility, while they're anything but. Its the people that will conform to bad changes or strike down good suggestions because they want to keep their monopolies. Those people are to blame.

Other than that, yeah its usually the dev's lack of vision, planning and foresight that will get wurm in these messes.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 1

Other than that, yeah its usually the dev's lack of vision, planning and foresight that will get wurm in these messes.

Well technically speaking, the Dev's don't make you angry or upset with the changes they make to the game.  You are the one who controls your emotions, not them.  So when they create something that you don't like, it's your choice to complain about it and play the blame game, or to go with the flow and give new opportunities a chance to develop.

You can blame the Dev's "lack of vision" all you want, but at the end of the day they are the ones creating while we are the ones complaining.  I was always taught that if you judge something too quickly or too harshly you'll never find out what that something could have evolved into.

Well technically speaking, the Dev's don't make you angry or upset with the changes they make to the game.  You are the one who controls your emotions, not them.  So when they create something that you don't like, it's your choice to complain about it and play the blame game, or to go with the flow and give new opportunities a chance to develop.

You can blame the Dev's "lack of vision" all you want, but at the end of the day they are the ones creating while we are the ones complaining.  I was always taught that if you judge something too quickly or too harshly you'll never find out what that something could have evolved into.

If you look at who is speaking out and how long they're already playing there's no judging too quickly or too harshly if you ask me ;)

I completely disagree.  KanePT in particular is a known complainer.  Not dumping on the guy or anything, but I've never seen him truly happy about any update.  He always finds something to complain about.

Also, generally speaking, I've been playing this game for 6+ years and frequent the forums quite a bit and share my opinion, however I'm not always angry with the Devs and I don't judge too quickly or too harshly on the updates.  Just goes to show not everyone is the same in how they handle themselves.

And my point still stands.  The Dev's don't make us angry and crappy, we do that to ourselves.  It's like that old saying goes, "What do you get when someone spits on you?"  Most people say "angry" or "mad," but as it turns out you get "wet."  Just goes to show that we control our own emotions.

Sure some things added to this game are kinda questionable, but we don't have to resort to fits of anger over it, as most people seem to do.  I've had my fair share of acting like a turd on these forums quite a while back, believe me I've been there, but I've also been on the side of peace.  At the end of the day, there is no point in stressing to the max over an update to a video game; that's just bad for your heart chief. ;)

EDIT:  Just so we're clear; criticism of the updates is perfectly okay and expected, but constructive criticism is different than angry destructive criticism.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

Well mate, again, some people are slow in the uptake. When i can see from reading a post all kinds of holes on a change that the "visionaries" missed. Then mate, i'll call their ######. It happened before, it keeps happening, its happening right now on the freaking new Elevation map. Everyone can see it. Some people with apparently a higher stake on the continuity of the game than Rolf, who frankly for the past 3 years seems to have been doing his darnest to kill the game, or maybe just push and crap on our faces to see how far we're stupid enough to keep up with his BS.

Well. I never liked Bs, and i guess i just ran out of patience for them.

I'm not angry with the devs, not really. I'm angry with people that allow them to keep crapping all over them ( i hear some people are into that though)...

I'm also angry at myself, for having spent so long in this game.

I completely disagree.  KanePT in particular is a known complainer.  Not dumping on the guy or anything, but I've never seen him truly happy about any update.  He always finds something to complain about.

Also, generally speaking, I've been playing this game for 6+ years and frequent the forums quite a bit and share my opinion, however I'm not always angry with the Devs and I don't judge too quickly or too harshly on the updates.  Just goes to show not everyone is the same in how they handle themselves.

And my point still stands.  The Dev's don't make us angry and crappy, we do that to ourselves.  It's like that old saying goes, "What do you get when someone spits on you?"  Most people say "angry" or "mad," but as it turns out you get "wet."  Just goes to show that we control our own emotions.

Sure some things added to this game are kinda questionable, but we don't have to resort to fits of anger over it, as most people seem to do.  I've had my fair share of acting like a turd on these forums quite a while back, believe me I've been there, but I've also been on the side of peace.  At the end of the day, there is no point in stressing to the max over an update to a video game; that's just bad for your heart chief. ;)

EDIT:  Just so we're clear; criticism of the updates is perfectly okay and expected, but constructive criticism is different than angry destructive criticism.

Actually... I supported wholeheartedly a lot of changes, including Challenge. But i can be wrong sometimes, and how i thought they would implement Challenge, and how they DID implement it was widely different, and turned out bad.

I was never against Xanadu, simply said i wouldn't bother, and luckly i didn't, cause its crap. And worse, the people that took the hype bait and went there, haven't stopped complaining about it since it launched.

I'm rarely angry at the changes. Maybe its my pattern of "speech" (or writting) that comes out like that. Only thing that really ticks me off is people like Fawkes, who'll blindly attack anyone who says anything remotely negative about his corner of the game Just look at my original post and his response.

About my criticism being destructive, well, you'll notice that usually i point out the flaws and back my arguments with facts, not just opinion. I usually also provide alternatives and solutions. Sure my "style" of writing might come out as aggressive, which really doesn't mean i am angry or i'm wrong. Because sadly, do a search, and you'll find out i'm often proven right.

In fact, what i said in this topic was proven right just today on the news thread. They have no idea what spells are on the new deity. It WILL be entirely random, as in, you know all the time that was used on "balancing" priests a few months ago. All the forum wars and what not. All for nothing, cause everything is now more likely than not going to . And honestly it will take a miracle for a caster that has his spell list completely randomized to come out balanced and useful. At best it will be another Fo with 2 good spells on PvE. At worse it will be OP and have all the good stuff.

Edited by KanePT

Well mate, again, some people are slow in the uptake. When i can see from reading a post all kinds of holes on a change that the "visionaries" missed. Then mate, i'll call their ######. It happened before, it keeps happening, its happening right now on the freaking new Elevation map. Everyone can see it. Some people with apparently a higher stake on the continuity of the game than Rolf, who frankly for the past 3 years seems to have been doing his darnest to kill the game, or maybe just push and crap on our faces to see how far we're stupid enough to keep up with his BS.

Well. I never liked Bs, and i guess i just ran out of patience for them.

I'm not angry with the devs, not really. I'm angry with people that allow them to keep crapping all over them ( i hear some people are into that though)...

I'm also angry at myself, for having spent so long in this game.

Actually... I supported wholeheartedly a lot of changes, including Challenge. But i can be wrong sometimes, and how i thought they would implement Challenge, and how they DID implement it was widely different, and turned out bad.

I was never against Xanadu, simply said i wouldn't bother, and luckly i didn't, cause its crap. And worse, the people that took the hype bait and went there, haven't stopped complaining about it since it launched.

I'm rarely angry at the changes. Maybe its my pattern of "speech" (or writting) that comes out like that. Only thing that really ticks me off is people like Fawkes, who'll blindly attack anyone who says anything remotely negative about his corner of the game Just look at my original post and his response.

About my criticism being destructive, well, you'll notice that usually i point out the flaws and back my arguments with facts, not just opinion. I usually also provide alternatives and solutions. Sure my "style" of writing might come out as aggressive, which really doesn't mean i am angry or i'm wrong. Because sadly, do a search, and you'll find out i'm often proven right.

In fact, what i said in this topic was proven right just today on the news thread. They have no idea what spells are on the new deity. It WILL be entirely random, as in, you know all the time that was used on "balancing" priests a few months ago. All the forum wars and what not. All for nothing, cause everything is now more likely than not going to ######. And honestly it will take a miracle for a caster that has his spell list completely randomized to come out balanced and useful. At best it will be another Fo with 2 good spells on PvE. At worse it will be OP and have all the good stuff.

Criticism doesn't require facts to make it positive, it requires intention and a true desire of well-being and accomplishment.  Even if you have facts to back up some of your opinions that doesn't mean the criticism is mostly positive.  It's all about the way you approach a situation.  If you approach with anger, most likely you'll deal in anger and find results in anger, and not in the spirit of growth.

Criticism doesn't require facts to make it positive, it requires intention and a true desire of well-being and accomplishment.  Even if you have facts to back up some of your opinions that doesn't mean the criticism is mostly positive.  It's all about the way you approach a situation.  If you approach with anger, most likely you'll deal in anger and find results in anger, and not in the spirit of growth.

Which is exactly what i have, otherwise i wouldn't have given alternatives. If i didn't care about the game's well-being i'd be a suck up and would simply keep trying to milk the exploits.

Again, you try to instill anger in a context that has none. You choose to think i'm angry because my posts angry you. In truth, i'm not, at this point in time i have no investment in Wurm online at all. I'm simply posting as someone who liked this game, and played it for a long time and simply would really like to see it succeed. As opposite as someone that pretends (maybe to themselves) to support the game, while allow the game to keep carrying a bad image and bad development that will only further its stagnation.

The game is stagnant, there's little to no new players, in the last 9 months it went from 6000 premium players to 4000. That's peanuts for an online game... There's Private/Pirate servers of several MMOs with more people than this. And this is a freaking subscription-based game with a price tag, that if you account for a deed ascends to pretty much what you pay for games like EVE, WOW, Wildstar, etc. If you get a premium alt, which sooner or later you'll need, then its even more expensive than those games.

And yet people seem to believe everything is fine, and whatnot... Well newsflash, they laid off one of half a dozen paid employees just recently. They're also not replacing him, so it wasn't his behavior or him needing to leave, its MONEY related issues.

So yes, i may be harsh, but at least i'm not burying my head in the sand and pretending that a game i've been playing and investing my time for the past 5 years is NOT going anywhere good. If you like to think of me as being, petty, petulant, hateful, angry, hungry, fat, ugly, arrogant, pick one... I don't really care. Opinions are like anuses, everyone has one.

Also, if you want to keep criticizing me, and/or my behavior, please PM me next time... This thread has been derrailed too much from me having to defend myself from personal attacks from people who can't find a proper counter-argument.

Edited by KanePT

And now we wait...

For the Elder gods to be supplanted by the Younger.

• Like 1

Which is exactly what i have, otherwise i wouldn't have given alternatives. If i didn't care about the game's well-being i'd be a suck up and would simply keep trying to milk the exploits.

Again, you try to instill anger in a context that has none. You choose to think i'm angry because my posts angry you. In truth, i'm not, at this point in time i have no investment in Wurm online at all. I'm simply posting as someone who liked this game, and played it for a long time and simply would really like to see it succeed. As opposite as someone that pretends (maybe to themselves) to support the game, while allow the game to keep carrying a bad image and bad development that will only further its stagnation.

The game is stagnant, there's little to no new players, in the last 9 months it went from 6000 premium players to 4000. That's peanuts for an online game... There's Private/Pirate servers of several MMOs with more people than this. And this is a freaking subscription-based game with a price tag, that if you account for a deed ascends to pretty much what you pay for games like EVE, WOW, Wildstar, etc. If you get a premium alt, which sooner or later you'll need, then its even more expensive than those games.

And yet people seem to believe everything is fine, and whatnot... Well newsflash, they laid off one of half a dozen paid employees just recently. They're also not replacing him, so it wasn't his behavior or him needing to leave, its MONEY related issues.

So yes, i may be harsh, but at least i'm not burying my head in the sand and pretending that a game i've been playing and investing my time for the past 5 years is NOT going anywhere good. If you like to think of me as being, petty, petulant, hateful, angry, hungry, fat, ugly, arrogant, pick one... I don't really care. Opinions are like anuses, everyone has one.

Also, if you want to keep criticizing me, and/or my behavior, please PM me next time... This thread has been derrailed too much from me having to defend myself from personal attacks from people who can't find a proper counter-argument.

I would love for you to stop derailing it.  I'll pm you.

I don't know if its been posted yet on the forums... I didn't find it mentioned anywhere. So I figured i would put it out there that yes, the new religion as of now... Can be brought to the PVE servers

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this