Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

New Deity!

So we were not allowed to participate, but have this forced on us.....yeah sounds typical.

but you were super excited to get squids! SQUIDS! and SHEEP! and CHAIRS, and TABLES, and BLAH BLAH BLAH. And yet, epic still has to create "100 chairs" to please a deity. Please, just stop whining and trolling. Soon, you will be able to build a BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!

edit: you are more than welcome to bring your freedom loving, deed building, care bear butt to epic and partake to your heart's delight. If you have the fortitude of actually playing instead of just sitting behind the forums and whining like a little girl.

Edited by IloveWurm
  • Like 3

You have to come to Chaos to convert at the bone altar :D

4839635069_south_park_god_dammit_brown_s

• Like 3

Haha, the first of the first would have to convert and priest up at bone altar. But once 40 faith is reached may the diety of Tosiek be spread on freedom faster than >>(insert here)<<! :D

I don't think Epic was asked about stuff that was just implemented on freedom either

Name one thing that's "for freedom" that has had any major impact on gameplay.

One. I just want one.

Cause from PvP, we had Templar nerf, tower nerf, reinforced wall nerfs, messing around with priests, messed up religion, weird critters from valrei that are the worse freaking nuisance in the game, i got killed yesterday from having to answer the doorbell cause Hellhounds will aggro from across the servers.

We have all the disadvantages of the Epic Missions, but really none of the advantages, we don't get to ascend, but we get to have weird ###### happen.

But you're concerned because you got a new wall type (which isn't really for freedom but overall, but it seems we're to blame for every new cosmetic item).

I wonder how the spells for the new diety will turn out??

I believe its a random pick from the existing spells.

How about the other stuff like the passive perks, and skill limitations?

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 1

We have all the disadvantages of the Epic Missions, but really none of the advantages, we don't get to ascend, but we get to have weird ###### happen.

• Like 8

Name one thing that's "for freedom" that has had any major impact on gameplay.

One. I just want one.

Cause from PvP, we had Templar nerf, tower nerf, reinforced wall nerfs, messing around with priests, messed up religion, weird critters from valrei that are the worse freaking nuisance in the game, i got killed yesterday from having to answer the doorbell cause Hellhounds will aggro from across the servers.

• Like 2

Leaving aside the happy, joyful mud-slinging that is the usual result of epic and freedom players mixing, does anyone have any idea what the spell list looks like yet?  Enquiring munchkins want to know...

Except you don't have any of the disadvantages since none of the stuff you listed is at all related to epic/valrei/scenarios (and most of it is from chaos, which is a freedom server.).

Hell hounds are not valrei creatures, the only valrei creatures on the freedom cluster are on chaos.

The only thing there now is the new religion, which is only on chaos until people bring it to freedom and I don't see how a new religion can be a negative in a PvE setting.

WTB conversion and implementation on Xan.

Fingers crossed for Genesis!

It would be REALLY nice to have Genesis as "Black Light"! 

Life Transfer or Lurker in the Woods would be awesome too.. but personally I'd prefer BL Genesis over any other spell! ^.^

• Like 2

Depending on the spells given, It can have a negative or positive affect on PvE. If hes/shes extremely lucky with the spells, It could turn all our vyn/fo/mag priest out of business, Or at-least make them obsolete to tosiek religion. 

Now all the Tosiekians need is a story of mass persecution and a dubiously documented charismatic leader to become a 'real' religion.

Player demigods

When a deity wins a scenario there’s a chance that he receives cherries that the spirits have stolen from the Treekeeper. This means that a player may receive the possibility to become immortal.

Key to the Heavens is what is needed, wiki is wrong about cherry.

Like deeds getting destroyed by meteors?

Excuse me, but when you signed up for Epic did you forget to read the Extreme Terraforming Events feature?

Cause its pretty much been staple from Epic since forever.

This crap, on the other hand was thrown onto the freedom servers without asking anyone about it.

Sorcery Items were thrown as a bone because they realized that other Uniques besides dragons would require something to make them more appealing, and since they were nerfing Dragon drops on the account of not making their groupies mad. Again, no one on Freedom really cared much about them, although some are actually nice, its still not fully developed for freedom. So yes, again, we get the crappy parts, like the blowback from a religion with RANDOMLY PICKED SPELLS. With all the fuss about balancing all the other religions we had this year. BAM RANDOM SPELL POOL.

Its so bad its funny.

• Like 1

Excuse me, but when you signed up for Epic did you forget to read the Extreme Terraforming Events feature?

This crap, on the other hand was thrown onto the freedom servers without asking anyone about it.

Sorcery Items were thrown as a bone because they realized that other Uniques besides dragons would require something to make them more appealing, and since they were nerfing Dragon drops on the account of not making their groupies mad. Again, no one on Freedom really cared much about them, although some are actually nice, its still not fully developed for freedom. So yes, again, we get the crappy parts, like the blowback from a religion with RANDOMLY PICKED SPELLS. With all the fuss about balancing all the other religions we had this year. BAM RANDOM SPELL POOL.

Its so bad its funny.

Actually i recall a bunch of PvE Players complaining and mass bitc#ing on the forums that epic gets all this and that, so rolf gave PvE Missions and all the other stuff. So just sit back and accept what you get, You got it now, deal with it. No point in complaining about it. 

• Like 1

Nobody has mentioned this: since Tosiek is BL, does that mean a Tosiek follower/priest will auto-convert to a WL god when going to Freedom? I think we should answer this before arguing about it.

Anyways, I really do have to question the wisdom of a random spell pool. So much time went into rebalancing the priests recently for PvP, and now there's a wildcard who could end up being useless or too powerful. Honestly, now that BL has another faith, this would be a good opportunity to get some utility spell balance between WL and BL religions. Libila no longer needs to have so many of the utility spells just for it to be fair; they can now be spread between Libila and Tosiek like they are between the WL gods, while adding some things BL currently lack such as genesis and reveal creatures..

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 2

Actually i recall a bunch of PvE Players complaining and mass bitc#ing on the forums that epic gets all this and that, so rolf gave PvE Missions and all the other stuff. So just sit back and accept what you get, You got it now, deal with it. No point in complaining about it. 

People ###### all the time because of a ton of things that actually need fixing... Missions are sort of innocuous, and actually help out people in Chaos. Rolf added Missions because he added Karma overall, and Missions are the only reliable way to get karma. So instead of creating a reliable way of gaining Karma on freedom akin to missions, Rolf simply added missions on freedom (over a year later might i add).

This is not about one feature or other people request. This is about a decision to create something that has the potential to unbalance an already imbalanced game and its decided via a RNG.

Its a stupid decision, done by people who either don't care or are so out of touch with the game they can't even produce a decent development decision, and then they present this proudly like someone acheived something awesome.

I mean wtf did that god guy do? Got 2 lucky drops at missions, that's it. He did what everyone else has been doing on Epic for ages, but he was the one blessed by the RNG. And as a reward the game gets broken further.

And what's worse, the actualy player gets to do anything from being a god? Does he get anything special? Or is it just Wurm taking his name for the name of a RNG god?

I guess it makes sense that the ultimate reward in Wurm (a heavily RNG dependant game, where even fights are RNG) is decided Randomly in every aspect of it.

Edited by KanePT
  • Like 1

Its so bad its funny.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. People want all of the benefits of Epic with none of the drawbacks. They'll demand sorcery abilities, karma, mission decorations, moon metals, and HotA statues, but they shouldn't have to take any risks to achieve them. Epic can keep the raids, deed-destroying events, overpowered Valrei mobs, and random spell pools (unless we on Freedom happen to like those spell pools, in which case, send 'em on over, or else you're a bunch of privileged bastards). You either take the good with the bad, or you get neither at all. Personally, I'd prefer the latter, but we've already opened Pandora's box on that one, haven't we?

• Like 7

Anyways, I really do have to question the wisdom of a random spell pool. So much time went into rebalancing the priests recently for PvP, and now there's a wildcard who could end up being useless or too powerful. Honestly, now that BL has another faith, this would be a good opportunity to get some utility spell balance between WL and BL religions. Libila no longer needs to have so many of the utility spells just for it to be fair; they can now be spread between Libila and Tosiek like they are between the WL gods, while adding some things BL currently lack such as genesis and reveal creatures..

Larue your assuming things way too much. 

"I really do have to question the wisdom of a random spell pool"

Your assuming its ENTIRELY random. You don't know if rolf has the spells categorized behind the scene, As-well whether or not it would take from categories or not. All speculation here.

"So much time went into re-balancing the priests recently for PvP"

Priests were pretty messed up anyways, A re-balance would happen regardless of PvP. Same with pets, Their power was obvious and it was nerfed because rolf didn't like what he saw. When rolf spots another thing that needs adjusting, Whether PvP or PvE shines a light on it, he will adjust it or fix it. Just like mooring ropes. 

"and now there's a wildcard who could end up being useless or too powerful"

Welcome to wurm online, Where you never know if its gonna be good or bad until it is completed. Even with the odds on your side, You still got a good chance to fail or succeed!

"Honestly, now that BL has another faith"

It currently is not aligned to nobody atm, At-least that's what i was told when it was created. Tho im pretty sure magranon was the one who brought him up to immortal status, So He SHOULD align himself in with magranon, At-least according to what i was told anyways.

It currently is not aligned to nobody atm, At-least that's what i was told when it was created. Tho im pretty sure magranon was the one who brought him up to immortal status, So He SHOULD align himself in with magranon, At-least according to what i was told anyways.

In all the forum threads, people are going on about how he is a BL god, and followers must convert at the Blacklight with negative alignment. Of course my assessment is contingent on this being true, but much of discussion preceding my post is as well, which is what I was responding to. Nothing assumed here beyond what is already being discussed.

Your assuming its ENTIRELY random. You don't know if rolf has the spells categorized behind the scene, As-well whether or not it would take from categories or not. All speculation here.

Yeah, that's what random means, and it's all we know, thanks to Rolf's infamous brevity.  Most probably, Tosiek will get the standard common-pool priest spells such as bless and locate soul, but it's the other spells that are important, and also probably the ones that will be random, and I was expressing how I thought it being truly random would be a stupid idea. You're right, it may not be truly random after all, but we can only speculate based on what we know; we were told it would be random, and have no reason to believe anything else, except maybe for common sense, which sometimes doesn't seem to have much sway. Only thing being assumed here is that we weren't lied to, or more precisely, the whole truth was disclosed.

In any case, I don't understand the argument you're trying to pose in your post. I presented only my thoughts on the topic; feel free to critique or elucidate, but it seems like you're trying to argue something. What's your point?

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 1

In all the forum threads, people are going on about how he is a BL god, and followers must convert at the Blacklight with negative alignment. Of course my assessment is contingent on this being true, but much of discussion preceding my post is as well, which is what I was responding to. Nothing assumed here beyond what is already being discussed.

Yeah, that's what random means, and it's all we know, thanks to Rolf's infamous brevity.  Most probably, Tosiek will get the standard common-pool priest spells such as bless and locate soul, but it's the other spells that are important, and also probably the ones that will be random, and I was expressing how I thought it being truly random would be a stupid idea. You're right, it may not be truly random after all, but we can only speculate based on what we know; we were told it would be random, and have no reason to believe anything else, except maybe for common sense, which sometimes doesn't seem to have much sway. Only thing being assumed here is that we weren't lied to, or more precisely, the whole truth was disclosed.

In any case, I don't understand the argument you're trying to pose in your post. I presented only my thoughts on the topic; feel free to critique or elucidate, but it seems like you're trying to argue something. What's your point?

My point is, Your post made it sound like it was pandora's box and shouldn't ever be opened, But in reality its more like a letter. 

Rolfs code may be random, But i personally believe that he wouldn't leave it so random to the point where he could end up with an entirely useless arsenal. Or a completely overpowered one. Don't forget Rolf is one who is in high favor for "game balance"

I'm sure it will be tinkered with as it goes along, really cool to see this mechanic in action.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. People want all of the benefits of Epic with none of the drawbacks. They'll demand sorcery abilities, karma, mission decorations, moon metals, and HotA statues, but they shouldn't have to take any risks to achieve them. Epic can keep the raids, deed-destroying events, overpowered Valrei mobs, and random spell pools (unless we on Freedom happen to like those spell pools, in which case, send 'em on over, or else you're a bunch of privileged bastards). You either take the good with the bad, or you get neither at all. Personally, I'd prefer the latter, but we've already opened Pandora's box on that one, haven't we?

First off, we don't have Hota Statues on freedom, never asked for them, although, Hota would make more sense in Freedom -PVE as an introduction to PvP than it makes on already open PvP servers, but that's my opinion.

No one asked for karma, sorcery or missions. Karma was introduced all over as one way for Rolf to mitigate the fallout on Deed lamps with the "light everything" spell, so it was introduced on all servers.

Missions were later introduced because just the random source drop (which was also increased to extremes) and the achievements couldn't fuel the karma needs. So as a quick way to go about it, without having to create something unique for freedom, Missions were added.

Sorcery was much the same. When they introduced Uniques they knew that people would only go for dragons, so in addition to nerfing hide/scale drops to dumbness, which would also remove people from hunting those engines of destruction as well, so they added sorcery items as one possible drop to entice people to go after the uniques.

So please do note, that although some people cried about those, and in no way any of those 3 were part of Epic at launch, so have any reason to being kept as Epic exclusive (iirc actually Hota was added initially to bring back some PvP to Chaos when it was a PvE server).

And why would we need the drawbacks? We don't have "the curve" and increased skill gain. If you think its hard to get stuff on Chaos, then maybe try to picture how much harder it is on slow going PvE Freedom.

Random Spell pool was "added" this week. Wtf you talking about. Old priests have the same spell pools all over the servers.

What i'm contesting is not a new religion, but the haphazardly way it was created, specially in a context that not a year ago we had a loot of retooling on priests on account of balance. Now we get a new one with "random" thrown in. If you don't see how bad that is, you need to consult a optometrist, cause your eyes are bad (and that's me trying my best to be polite).

By all means, that's EXACTLY what people are asking, DON'T give that to Freedom, that's no pandora's box, that's just asking the devs to do their job and DEVELOP stuff instead of collaging broken mechanics with restricted parts of them onto servers where they weren't meant to be. The devs should have created a different means of obtaining Karma that fits the PvE style of Freedom, should have added a different kind of reward to Uniques (maybe put back some hide on the drake, i mean yeah its a lot of people poking at them, and they're kinda tiny, but damn) and give the broken priests to the morons that in 2 weeks time will be crying over how Overpowered (or underpowered) the new religion is on PvP. I'm sorry, but you already cry about the priests that were created with some semblance of balance...

Excusing mediocrity with whatever fits.

Even going with categorized spells, which would be hard due to the thematic of each religion, its still a random pool that can end up creating something too OP or too UP. If CC wanted to add a new religion when someone ascended they could simply have created a spell pool with all the balance done, and the first "new god" would receive it. Its not too complicated. The time between Epic being open and NOW was enough to create 10 spell pools to be picked, they could actually have done that have 10 spell pools done, and then the "new god" would get one random spell pool out of that lot. They could have done it with 100 different ways that would be balanced and thought up. But since apparently the first thing every designer in Wurm learned was to create a random number function, everything in Wurm boils down to that crap. Which is awesome, but since most people crave at least a bit of predictably, wurm has 4k premium characters most of which are alts. That's pretty much the daily audience of an average Cinema theater.

My point is, Your post made it sound like it was pandora's box and shouldn't ever be opened, But in reality its more like a letter. 

Rolfs code may be random, But i personally believe that he wouldn't leave it so random to the point where he could end up with an entirely useless arsenal. Or a completely overpowered one. Don't forget Rolf is one who is in high favor for "game balance"

Really? Since when? Rolf? Balance? The guy that came down from heavens to bash open a reinforced wall so some people could loot another set of people on account of a bug only Rolf and the looting set of people knew about? A bug that was only announced as a "bug" the day after, and that required new spells to be added to some priests pools to balance the "bugfix".

The same Rolf than after adding "Guards" maintaining Lamps on-deed due to popular demand, suddenly thought it ought to be a bug, specially since no one was using Olive oil, and originated a whole debacle in the forums? The same Rolf that threatens people with bans from telling other people the answers to Meditation questions, answers which only make sense to whoever wrote them (probably Rolf) and have months of cooldown.

The same Rolf that thinks balancing PvP is slowing down Tower guards on PvE? The same one that after 2 consecutive years of asking "how should i balance PvP?" still hasn't managed to pick up on what people are telling him about why its broken and doesn't work?

Yeah Rolf is really invested in balance. Right. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry that you honestly believe in that.

I'm sure it will be tinkered with as it goes along, really cool to see this mechanic in action.

That's the problem. This was part of the original plan for Epic. It had 4 years to be tinkered with. How long do you think it will take them to tinker it again? What's worse, people will switch religion or not based on the new perks and spell pool, how are they going to handle telling those people later that their spell pool will need to be changed cause the RNG made it too good or too bad? Looking at previous similar changes, poorly.

• Like 1

The biggest problem is the fact that no one on Freedom can become a god for running around cutting down trees.....

That's pretty much it in a nutshell....You force a player God from Epic on Freedom when they didn't have a choice to become one and really be involved in the fist place.   Bad gaming with combined code as always.

The smart choice would be to keep Epic Player Gods on Epic and allow Freedom players to become gods doing missions in their own world.

But as we have seen since Notch left.....Smart Choices haven't always been around.

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this