Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

So... We got a new god.

i'd like to see lib allowed on other freedom islands.  just a bit limited on some spells maybe.  I keep thinking of making on but don't want to be stuck on chaos only.  so I bought one on epic instead for now.

i'd like to see lib allowed on other freedom islands.  just a bit limited on some spells maybe.  I keep thinking of making on but don't want to be stuck on chaos only.  so I bought one on epic instead for now.

not sure what that has to do with anything mentioned in this thread but okay

• Like 1

His kingdom will be calculated from the one with most followers per server but right now the code requires 30 players online which we need to change.

\So given the recent dealings with JK winning BL prizes, I read this as chances are JK is gonna win away a 3rd god most likely.

someone could clear this for me would be AWSOME.

just give followers a spell list, problem solved. then fix anything that needs to be fixed

Rolf do we need to be positive or negative alignment?

• Like 1

So Rolf, is there a chance that new gods would have access to spells we haven't seen before, or is it just a randomized set of spells from what we already have?  More importantly, what, if anything, should we expect to be the intended behavior of this feature?

Hi all

This is exciting news, a new religion and a very interesting choice of pants skirt.

I will see about arranging an information release with this weeks news on friday.

Regards,

Retrograde

Why exactly are epic affairs effecting freedom?

I'm actually kind of impressed they are. I hope it isn't removed - this additional flavor is... well, inspiring. Plus, more missions!

I applaud all of Epic for a job well done. Congratulations Tosiek!

Explore, Build, Survive - should be changed to: Explore, Build, Survive, Ascend

Edited by Dairuka

Problems:

> People whining that this needs to be on Freedom - No it doesn't. It is a very poor design choice to have different clusters (Freedom, Epic, now Challenge) all with exactly the same features. There needs to be something different about them, otherwise there is no reason to pick one or the other. The curve and double gain aren't enough to consider Epic different. They just make it faster.

> Random spell list - This is going to be broken, likely either useless or completely overpowered. It's definitely going to need a rebalance and the list should be chosen by humans next time around (if there is a next time).

> Brokenness of this mechanic - This is an unfinished mechanic. Admit it. It was announced and known that this would be available several years ago and still this feature is fully completed. This is why you currently are working on fixing Epic and Elevation; the mechanics were never finished or properly planned. This goes for almost everything involved in PvP right now (priests, meditation, Valrei, sorcery, etc.). 

> Not Nathan - So three consecutive scenarios dropped keys after over a year of nothing. Then, someone who has been a demigod for a month goes full blown god. No disrespect to Tosiek, but this situation in its entirety just seems way too broken, poorly thought out, unfinished, and is having far too many of those "working as intended moments". Nathan should have gotten it. Maybe I wouldn't mind this point so much if the system was working properly (or if we had any knowledge as to how anything in this game is supposed to work).

• Like 1

And why is this? 

First off, explain why all the different towers, banners, HotA statues, and wagons are on PvP considering it's all "fluff that lags raids" and the belittling tone you children use when referring to "Freedomers just sitting around all day making their deed pretty".  So far the only reason that comes to mind is "to keep PvP funded".  Getting (better) jobs would do the trick just fine too, you know.  It's how we do it on Freedom =)   The hissyfits whenever someone mentions an idea that would break that monopoly are quite revealing in that sense.  If it ain't about money... then damn, there's some serious maturity issues going on there.

"Why this?"   Any accountant given access to Wurm's finances would tell you "why this".  You can get a basic glimpse of the concept by comparing population numbers on PvE vs PvP.

And why is this? 

So I can convert and have mycelium (on deed only inside altar influence for freedom I suppose).

Ohhhh so for a completely selfish reason.

Typical.

• Like 2

Is this where we are supposed to collect solid information tested in game about the religion of Tosiek?

No?

Well I'll leave this here anyway...

Influence of Tosiek isn't growing Mycelium.

At least not where I'm testing it.

He also doesn't approve of butchering humans.

Oh, and you can't pray to Tosiek at the Black Light... you CAN pray to him at the White Light though.

Tosiek is NOT a BL God, sort of, hes Special.

Please stop making assumptions about my new religion.

It needs to be on freedom.

No it does not..Freedom should be allowed to do missions and make its own gods..Epic player Gods should be kept on Epic.

• Like 1

First off, explain why all the different towers, banners, HotA statues, and wagons are on PvP considering it's all "fluff that lags raids" and the belittling tone you children use when referring to "Freedomers just sitting around all day making their deed pretty".  So far the only reason that comes to mind is "to keep PvP funded".  Getting (better) jobs would do the trick just fine too, you know.  It's how we do it on Freedom =)   The hissyfits whenever someone mentions an idea that would break that monopoly are quite revealing in that sense.  If it ain't about money... then damn, there's some serious maturity issues going on there.

"Why this?"   Any accountant given access to Wurm's finances would tell you "why this".  You can get a basic glimpse of the concept by comparing population numbers on PvE vs PvP.

I never said anything about Freedomers doing that stuff, and I'd appreciate it if you would stop generalizing and comparing me to some other players from Epic and Chaos. I live on JKH (Epic people know what I'm talking about; it's pretty much a PvP-enabled Freedom server with fast skill gain and the curve).

It has to be a so-called "monopoly" because there need to be distinct differences (emphasis on the plurality) between the clusters and servers to make them unique. If everything on Chaos were on Epic and on Freedom and everyone had all the same things, there would be no justification for any other cluster than Freedom. It is supposed to be a different game. It's turning into the same thing that happened with home servers: the original vision is being bastardized in favor of those who whined the loudest. 

Even if Freedom had these things, Freedom residents would see little, if any, of them because Chaos residents would farm them in complete safety (which is yet another reason why they should not be added to Freedom). Let's be honest, even the most poorly coordinated Chaos groups would get these things before Freedom had time to think because the main difference between PvP and PvE players is this:

At the end of the day, it isn't about who can buy or sell the best loot for the most money or who has the most rare items with the best enchants. It isn't about a fake economy, or some aesthetic pleasure that can be built tomorrow and never torn down. It is about the welfare of the group. It is about a large group of people working together to achieve a common goal, to win. People from PvP don't care if they get 50 silver for a highly enchanted rare sword because they would just give it away to a villager for the welfare of the group, to win. They likely would have too many to count at this point anyway.

The only thing to do on Freedom is to think about oneself and one's own inner circle. Thinking about the welfare of a large group of several dozen people is neither profitable nor fun. The only way to profit is to sell this stuff, and most of it likely isn't worth the multiplier on the price tag because the benefit likely is negligible. On PvP servers, giving up some shiny loot for ten people could potentially come back with double or triple return in terms of loot. Even without any loot, players in PvP enjoy the adrenaline rush and the feeling of superiority that comes from winning. That psychological effect is far superior to the pixels that are won or lost during the fight. We win, we lose, our gear cycles through all the kingdoms, and we work. When we lose a fight, we don't complain about lost gear. We complain about our own failures and the broken mechanics of the game; we complain about the intangible, not about material possessions (the exception to this is drake and scale). They are two entirely different play styles.

The moral of the story is that Wurm Online is a numbers game. Even in PvE, several dozen people working in unison toward a common goal will always beat a small group or a lone hermit working for a selfish material profit. Regardless of the cause, the greater force will triumph. Freedom cannot pull a force like this together, and they will not see any benefit from anything that is supposed to be uncommon. All you need to do to see this is look at how dragon slayings happened when the Chaos border was opened. That armor is never going back to Freedom.

That's just a set of issues, but let's look at the bigger picture. Catering to Freedom even more would emphasize the problem we have now where smaller communities on less populated servers are not given the developer attention they need to grow. The features of the once-unique servers would be everywhere, meaning those servers wouldn't be unique anymore and there would be no reason to choose them. Giving only the positives of the features emphasizes the previous point. On top of that, Freedom wouldn't even see some of the benefits and Chaos would be further flooded with this already unbalanced and broken crap. 

We have gotten Freedom nerfed, Freedom has gotten us nerfed. That's not on us, that's not on you. That's on Rolf for failing to split the code for so long (which would solve much of this nonsense).

TL;DR: PvE and PvP need to stop this useless bickering and play their separate games for what they are: separate games. End of story.

• Like 1

We have gotten Freedom nerfed, Freedom has gotten us nerfed. That's not on us, that's not on you. That's on Rolf for failing to split the code for so long (which would solve much of this nonsense).

TL;DR: PvE and PvP need to stop this useless bickering and play their separate games for what they are: separate games. End of story.

Back to Tosiek, so far the only reason to not add him to Freedom (apart from Rolf's whims, end of the day) is well... e-peen.

I call bs on that one...no one on freedom had a chance to compete through the quest system and he should stay on Epic. 

Basically its content Freedom players have not had access too and perhaps this player would not have been a god at all had they been given access and the ability to become a god as well.  Forcing Epic player Gods into Freedom's economy is flat out wrong period.  Their skilling is easier and the population much lower which makes it easier for this player to be a god in the first place.

IMO since he is a player, did the work to ascend,  and has friends playing a certain kingdom, he should have a bit of say in the details like maybe

-which kingdom(s) he is aligned with, unless a new kingdom arises out of this

- he is/was a mage, maybe the karma spells he had might be an influence as to which spells he grants? perhaps his stats and affinities might serve as a template instead of rolling up random spells?