Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

So... We got a new god.

I don't really have much to say, but yeahhhhh.

It can only go one of two ways, broken or OP, very unlikely it will be balanced.

I don't even know what to say could be fun i guess but this is just one in a few years time how many gods are we going to have? 

He needs to get on here and give an ascension speech.

Also, it would be pretty cool if we could phase out the default gods and have only player gods. :D 

Edited by Elen

Wurm is a competitive game in many respects but it is also a game of flavors and weirdnesses which makes it less accurate than for instance Counter Strike or LoL. There are lots of fussy factors and uncontrollable situations and you have to navigate them as best as you can in order to stay competitive. Adaption is also part of the competition.

There will be a number of weirdnesses with this situation that we have to sort out. Hopefully it will be fun though. Don't convert unless you are ready to take a gamble. It's a bit like sailing into the blue ocean expecting land to show up but we'll try to provide it:)

Tosiek should use the Magranon statuette. His kingdom will be calculated from the one with most followers per server but right now the code requires 30 players online which we need to change.

In short, it may take a while to get it right but convert if you want to.

Can i also ask what happens when the entire valrei map is covered in gods so the scenarios take years to complete, or what will you do when two gods happen to get the best possible spell sets and there is no reason to use any other god?

If turning them into a particular template also sides them with gods, what is the plan if certain templates have 5-6x the chance to win as other kingdoms?

What happens before it turns into a template for those that converted?

E.G. If i'm JK, I convert to Tosiek, but he goes MR template.

Do i lose all my faith? Do I auto convert to MR?

just some questions i would hope that can be answered, id love to convert as soon as possible just incase it turns out to be the most overpowered god in the game by a landslide because it takes a long while to get high faith, but id rather not if it screws up the deed/kingdom i hold.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

After this is sorted, can we please, please, please, ascend Nathan retroactively?  It's only fair - he's got the message before, was told it was broken - it's clearly less broken now.  He's been a mature, reasonable adult, not bitching on forums constantly and whatnot - shown far more grace than I would have in his situation.  It's only fair.

• Like 7

SO are GM's going around converting people?  where is the info?

No. Players have to go to the Black Light to convert on Elevation.

No. Players have to go to the Black Light to convert on Elevation.

SO let me get this straight this new god will be in all servers across Freedom?

Yet you only let people convert on Chaos?

After this is sorted, can we please, please, please, ascend Nathan retroactively?  It's only fair - he's got the message before, was told it was broken - it's clearly less broken now.  He's been a mature, reasonable adult, not bitching on forums constantly and whatnot - shown far more grace than I would have in his situation.  It's only fair.

+1, this all seems pretty setup/fake and manually done so many keys and now this all in a couple weeks after nothing for so long I understand maybe it was a little uncommon but this frequency is just plain stupid and is going to do nothing good in the long run.

Well i assume it is like any other religion that a priest can convert once they make their way to freedom..if they are allowed over. 

That is how converting works?

A priest of Tosiek can convert you later without you having to go to the lights, but the lights are how priests get started (unless there is 0 access)

Where did anyone say it would be on Freedom.

Let's calm down a bit turbo.

• Like 1

I am guess even the developers don't know all the answers yet i am sure they are working through them today, lol

• Like 1

There's the reaction that people should have.

not

OH MY GOD THIS IS ###### HOW CAN YOU FORCE THIS TRASH ON US WHEN WE DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT OR KNOW IF IT EVEN AFFECTS OMGGGGGG HURRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Like 3

Am I the only one confused by all this?! I'm assuming it's a PvP thing?

Am I the only one confused by all this?! I'm assuming it's a PvP thing?

its all new to everyone.....

The ultimate in egocentricity. Play Wurm and become a god! Plenty of followers around too, it seems.

As for me I shun all Wurm "gods" and follow only my own path, covering the tracks well so that none may follow behind.

Yes, yes, all in good fun, until the ultimate price is paid.

=Ayes=

It's a shame that Nathan hasn't already received what the game should have awarded him (assuming he did in fact qualify). Bugs have not withheld playability of certain changes or additions in the past around here, heck most bugs have been viewed as features sometimes. From the point of view of a former player looking back in on this situation the process looks rigged big time.

Any thought I had for returning to Wurm as a customer just vanished. I don't want to play a game that is rigged or even looks rigged.

@ Nathan, I hope they get your character's situation sorted for you and you receive what you should have.

@ Tosiek, congrats and enjoy and good luck, be a good deity and treat your followers well :)

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 1

His kingdom will be calculated from the one with most followers per server

anyone on epic get a spell list yet?

have to priest before we can see a spell list