Sign in to follow this  
gnomegates

Thank You GM Team

Ive always liked you gnome, and im glad you got your money but the fact is you should have taken the silver from the crate immediately instead of switching toons and handing over 5 knars. This could have all been avoided.

On the bright side, you have revealed a scam artist.... at least until he creates a new toon and forum account

Ive always liked you gnome, and im glad you got your money but the fact is you should have taken the silver from the crate immediately instead of switching toons and handing over 5 knars. This could have all been avoided.

I bet you're the kind of guy who tells lung cancer patients they shouldn't have smoked cigarettes after they've lost all hair and spent most of their days crying in pain at the hospital for the past 4 months.

• Like 4

On the bright side, you have revealed a scam artist.... at least until he creates a new toon and forum account

I agree this could have been 100% avoided by actions I could have taken. I could have not agreed to sell to him in the first place. I could have taken the silvers out of box. I could have had him CoD, that is why they say hindsight is 20/20.....we all know that there are could haves and should haves. However if I had done anything different then I would not have been scammed by him, and I would not have been able to warn rest of the community, and if just one person is able to be saved from being scammed by him, I'd be willing to go thru this process again. In the end it sheds light on someone that tries to operate in the shadows and harm others. Yes he can create another toon and try to get back into the game. The funny thing about that is at a certain point, unless he has a moment of reflection and sees that the way he conducts himself is wrong, he will continue to operate the same way, even if he does not see it at the time. Ones true nature will always shine thru for the rest to see. He got caught this time, he will get caught again, he is playing with a deck stacked against him self, one that he himself stacked, and the odds are not in his favor.

Hope you understand my point. :)

• Like 2

It's good to see that this has been resolved, but I feel that I must point out the root cause of this problem:

There are many items in the game for which there is no secure way to trade. Horses, boats, bulk materials, and anything that cannot be traded in inventory must necessarily be traded through an insecure manner, where the transaction of money and change of ownership does not happen simultaneously and with explicit ingame approval. Any tricks to try and make it more secure, such as trading on someone's deed or trading keys to a pen or bulk bin, are still insecure, as proximity ownership and unidentifiable keys can foil any of these attempts. For these items, there is always a moment where one party or the other must rely on the honor system. Griefers will grief and scammers will scam, but the game should provide the tools for use to protect ourselves; the threat of GM intervention and a bad reputation is clearly not enough to deter all of them.

Boats and vehicles could have writs, and for horses, perhaps ropes should display which animal they are leading when examined (including in the trade window), and the animal should start leading the new owner when ropes are traded. I'm not sure what a good system for bulk materials might be, but maybe locked items could display the name of the key when examined, although the name would have to be unique.

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 4

didnt i told you.... :D   so happy for you

and bruhamoff scam here is worst thing you can do...   thats didnt bring you nothing good ....i wish you happy holiydays away from us :D

I'm glad it was resolved to your satisfaction. Ideally there would be no need for GMs to step in with these types of cases because they wouldn't occur to begin with. 

I have dealt with Bruhamoff and purchased much from him and have never had a problem of course i always did it the right way. Coin in trade for what i was getting right then and their no waiting and no dancing around it. Seems to me from what i read both people broke protocol. Seems like when you break protocol in this game concerning trades always bound to be someone that is upset and screaming from the roof tops that they have been cheated! I never would have transferred anything to anyone without being paid first same when buying as well! There is some people willing to go forward and take risks and go out of protocol to bad the powers that be in handling this didn't see it that way and educate both sides as such. But the untold story and truth in this matter is that Bruhamoff is 17 and a new comer to wurm and is a minor. He has logs of threats that was made against him and his well being by people who responded to this case. I have asked him to send those logs of threats over to Rolf and Enki to be verified if they have not already seen them and heard about them for from my understanding making threats to anyone of a personal nature of bodily harm breaks the rules on wurm. Shame on those if they did that! Furthermore shouldn't comment on what you don't know there is 2 sides to this story i feel he was not given fair treatment. As for my reputation it's solid i have purchased much from many you and many of you with no problems at all. I have purchased much silver from the game it self and from auctions and private dealers. I consider my reputation golden i will continue to trade and do business with Bruhamoff both me and piperlane i assure many of you he a good kid just not well groomed in the protocol of how things work. I feel everyone who commented on this matter who are adults should continue to act like adults and i know this community to be a forgiving community of errors in judgement and the lack of experience so do not judge without knowing facts. This is definitely a lesson to be learned you never trade anything or transfer anything into another person name without collecting payment first. No drop boxes no ill wait 15 days for your payment, none that! If you do then it's your risk and your responsibility and i hope the GM team will enforce this as such. Otherwise i feel if stuff like this keeps happening the days of trade on wurm will become more complicated. People should have patience with people within the game realize that new people do come into this game and don't know everything. If the community scares off every new player coming into this game due to mistakes or misunderstandings or messed up communication who have played less that 3 months total, the game is doomed to decline.

• Like 3

I do not know either person. But like any other concerned citizen for the safety of their belongings and possessions I fully read through this thread as well as the other one. What I have gathered is that this is not Bruhamoffs first attempt to cause problems in the game. Multiple people have stated they they've had issues with him or have noticed suspicious behavior about him.

So if Bruhamoff is really interested in restoring his reputation he would've done it long ago. I am guessing that the only reason he cares this time is because someone was smart enough to make a post/thread about it and now he is probably freaking out.

Just like the other people said, admitting your mistake and returning the items would've been a good step toward reputation recovery. As well as repairing it long ago. I only hope that somehow Brumahoff has learned his lesson and will no longer do this again.

Happy to hear that everything worked out.

Edited by Adynna

Has to be a troll post, or you're being used as a "useful idiot.

Lemme break this down.

I have dealt with Bruhamoff and purchased much from him and have never had a problem of course i always did it the right way. Coin in trade for what i was getting right then and their no waiting and no dancing around it. Seems to me from what i read both people broke protocol. Seems like when you break protocol in this game concerning trades always bound to be someone that is upset and screaming from the roof tops that they have been cheated! I never would have transferred anything to anyone without being paid first same when buying as well! There is some people willing to go forward and take risks and go out of protocol to bad the powers that be in handling this didn't see it that way and educate both sides as such. 

• Like 4

I wouldn't put too much weight on anything Yamuliss says at this point since he's backing his comments up by mentioning "Piperlane". Piperlane's known in chat for verbally abusing people who won't close deals the way she wants them to and she becomes downright aggressive if someone turns down her overpriced deals. I've ignored her thus far but since she's now backing up the reputation of a thief this matter deserves some spotlight time, if only ever so little.

• Like 6

We hjave patience with newcomers, although scammers who make alts to rob villages after being taken in and away from the hell hounds, that makes us accept less and less villagers until newbie are left with their tent and a hell hound.  The honest players don't scare off the newbies, it's those oh-so-brave cyber "gangsters" that do both by scamming newbies (like a person or two i've seen buying referals off them for 3s or less in the past) and making it so that it's harder and harder to tell between legit newbie and veteran thief's newest theft alt.

Let me say i don't care if i hit your don't trade list. Im a buyer for the most part so if you wanna push me and others like me away go for it hurts yourself and others but be my guest. As for any other issues the players have had in the past im not addressing them im addressing this issue and this issue only. As who wrong who right i simply said there two stories and there protocol. Everyone entitled to there opinion. As for me ive traded with the kid and have never had a problem! But we are gonna get snappy and start tossing people under the bus so to speak, there people i have had dealings with that's been less then reputable and has been shown favoritism within the game but lets not go there shall we as for some might be shocked at the names id toss out there. I don't bash people on the forum. As for you putting me on your do not trade list, i laugh what a joke go ahead your not the type id want to trade with anyways just let me know your ingame name so i don't trade with you myself. Your long lengthy break down of what i had say shows how immature you are and thus apart of the problem over all. But tell you what if you like PM me in game talk to me one on one about how you feel ill be more then happy to argue with you there. Im Angar in the game so feel free to PM me anytime we can go over your long lengthy break down of the situation.

Edited by Yamuliss
  • Like 1

I wouldn't put too much weight on anything Yamuliss says at this point since he's backing his comments up by mentioning "Piperlane". Piperlane's known in chat for verbally abusing people who won't close deals the way she wants them to and she becomes downright aggressive if someone turns down her overpriced deals. I've ignored her thus far but since she's now backing up the reputation of a thief this matter deserves some spotlight time, if only ever so little.

Over priced deals. You don't know piperlane very well. She gives stuff away practically. You sound like just another individual who lacks maturity. Piperlane helped many people over the years is by far alot more nicer then you are. As for me i could care less people put stock in what i say or not. Your post on this thread had nothing to do with the situation just proves your a troll!

I rarely post on forums but that one deserves it...

Whatever you are smoking, Aeris, I want some. Because apparently it has really strong effects, so strong that you are bashing on Piperlane.

I know Piperlane for many years now, same for her husband. I can safely say they are the most nice people I've ever met in this game.

I had countless of business with Piperlane and Yamuliss, never ever had any problem, and never saw them bitching or being aggressive, or rude, or anything like that (as you obviously do). Bitching on those people's reputation is just silly, and only proves your own immaturity.

Furthermore, bashing Piperlane just because you disagree with Yamuliss' opinion (which, by the way, is correct and unbiased) is cheap and disgusting.

Now, you are probably going to ###### on me as well, but I won't bother replying.

Edited by Patreus
  • Like 1

Has anybody seen Aeris and Harry Reid at the same time?  This seems an awful lot like alleging Piperlane, er, Romney, hasn't paid taxes in 10 years.

But the untold story and truth in this matter is that Bruhamoff is 17 and a new comer to wurm and is a minor. He has logs of threats that was made against him and his well being by people who responded to this case.

Hmm rather funny actually... When he was in our alliance he claimed to be 25. And he played his first 2 weeks on Chaos looting villages he came across.

(Oh chatlog how do i love thee. Look at this little gem i found in there)

Logging started 2015-01-09

[11:06:42] <Bruhamoff> i spent a total of 3 days on someone elses deed

[11:06:48] <Bruhamoff> didnt like it too much

[11:07:07] <Bruhamoff> but my first two weeks here were on chaos

[11:07:31] <Bruhamoff> it took me that long to 'lose it all'

[11:07:50] <Bruhamoff> when i lost it all, i tricked my way to get it all back, then i left the server

Mind you... This supposed " Newcomer " claimed to have the following in his first month of Wurm.

[11:13:11] <Bruhamoff> now i just can't wait till i can drive my caravel

[11:13:20] <Baeldor> What for? :P

[11:13:30] <Baeldor> A Knarr is generally better unles you plan on trading alot

[11:13:35] <Bruhamoff> to trade

[11:13:43] <Bruhamoff> I have a knarr too

[11:15:12] <Bruhamoff> traded every good piece of armour i had for those two ships

Another fun part:

[11:18:03] <Bruhamoff> gotta go back to chaos

[11:18:18] <Aeszhara> Lol raiding villages? :P;

[11:18:30] <Bruhamoff> i started as a looter

[11:18:40] <Bruhamoff> but im sure i got all the good loot in the water just chilling

[11:18:47] <Bruhamoff> thats how i got my 70ql large maul

[11:18:55] <Bruhamoff> which, i will use to get more stuff xD

Just threw this up there for whoever feels like having a fun read of the personality of a supposed " newcomer ". This attitude doesn't seem fit for a newcomer as he displayed extensive knowledge of how Wurm's features work.

I consider my reputation golden i will continue to trade and do business with Bruhamoff both me and piperlane i assure many of you he a good kid just not well groomed in the protocol of how things work.

Well ment intention of you there Yamuliss, One slight problem. Bruhamoff has been pointed to his .... somewhat questionable ways.... numerous times. He has either failed to respond to it or just plain up told us to shut the hell up. When we openly asked him to explain his side of the stories he never responded. We gave him ample chance to pubicly give a decent defense of his accused crimes but he fails to do so. 

Why are we wrong for condemning someone that's accused of crimes, and in which he fails to explain himself?

Your long lengthy break down of what i had say shows how immature you are and thus apart of the problem over all. 

Whu-whut? O.o ..... You are calling the guy who gives a detailed and read-able opinion on what you said " immature " ? As for the fact he broke down your post... Well it makes it easier for the rest of us all to read. A giant slab of text isin't that appealing to the eyes. 

• Like 1

Bruhamoff has been Weighed by the facts

Bruhamoff has been measured by the GM's

Bruhamoff has been found guilty.

I posted the facts of the case, GM's have posted here on this thread that Bruhamoff gave his defense, and that it did not measure up. The facts that I gave supported my case, the logs backed up my case, both in game and on the forums. There is nothing left to discuss concerning that issue. The ticket has been resolved, I have my 40 silvers, he has his ships. However because the GM's had to do the enforcement of the trade and he did not try to make right himself, after he did wrong, I will continue to warn others about him and his actions at every chance that I get.

Bruhamoff even came back to my deed after this was resolved, after my templar ran him and his alt off of the deed, he asked for his row boat which he had left behind. Without question I gave him his rowboat and told him to never come back.

I deal only in facts and truth, I presented both to the public and to the GM's.

I did not hurt Bruhamoff's rep, He did it to himself when he made a decision to be a thief.

As far as people that have posted things threatening his life and the such, take it how you wish. I will say this, Had Bruhamoff been a Real Life Thief and came into my home to steal from me.......well lets just say there are many ways to skin a cat.

This thread has now gone on long enough and gone off topic. Will a Mod please lock it!

If anyone else has an issue with Bruhamoff please make a new thread and post your facts so that the community can be alerted.

I don't know his past supposed issues with other people but for argument sake lets say they all are true and he did wrong people, and he did lie to people and ect ect idk, Why is it just now being mentioned in this one topic involving this one person why hasn't it been brought fourth before hand? Wouldn't that have avoided this person from having problems with him in the first place? Besides that it's not a defense to say hey, I had business with him and he never scammed me. That's just saying hey i had no problems with the guy. Raiding on chaos is legal and allowed so if he was on chaos raiding what is wrong with that? MR raids? All the other Kingdoms Raid, what is wrong with raiding on Chaos, what is wrong with lieing on chaos?  As for his play time it says he was 40 some odd days so how to classify that? 40 some days is not considered a newcomer. As for him lieing about what he did on chaos whats that prove overall if you say it proves he nothing but a liar then heck that means everyone on Chaos that lies is nothing but a liar-becareful in your response because there alot there! Everyone on chaos practically lies! As for him not wanting to tell his age to the world or lieing about his age that's anyone guess maybe he didn't want to be treated as though he was the young one in the crowed i don't know. But if everyone has so many problems with him why wouldn't some of you brave people have come forward to help gnomegates avoid this from the start? Wouldn't it have been prudent to express the concerns before hand? We all know how the forums love drama it just seems to me if so many of you had been wronged by Bruhamoff that you would have mentioned way before this. But who am i to judge, no one perfect! This ordeal is over with now anyways, Bruhamoff got his ships that he can not sell to anyone because the whole community has boycotted him and Gnomesgate got the silver and to bash Bruhamoff on the forums so that his reputation is permenantlt scarred. They both have what they was suppose to get i guess and the case by the GMs have stated it's closed. So no need to go on about it. Question now is does community continue to demonize him to the point of making him quit the game even after Shrimpie closed the first post, that's the over all question. Because if we do as a community demonize him off the game there a few more people i think we should discuss and should be pushed off the game for bad ethics and protocol. After all whats fair for one should be for all! Or Maybe Gnomesgate could do the right thing sense he claims he happy all is good now, Close both posts ask to have them taken down so the matter can be forgotten. I would like to point out, Bruhamoff was given a choice in his banning and he did choose to do the right thing and agree to the coin being given to Gnomesgate if he was really athief and such abad guy as many you have made him out to be, he could said the heck with it kept his ban and it would best of luck to Gnomesgate because as i was always told by GM staff you make trades involving ingame currency its the risk you take somewhere in my logs i have the GM name who told me that and the statement.

So basically you want us to feel sorry for Bruhamoff for not being able to sell the knarrs that he originally stole and had to be slapped on the fingers by a GM in order to pay for?

Not going to happen. Just let it go and maybe in time if he behaves himself he'll be able to earn people's trust.

• Like 2

So basically you want us to feel sorry for Bruhamoff for not being able to sell the knarrs that he originally stole and had to be slapped on the fingers by a GM in order to pay for?

Not going to happen. Just let it go and maybe in time if he behaves himself he'll be able to earn people's trust.

No im not saying that at all. I wasn't there at the meeting of these two business arrangements and dealings. They went out of protocol don't forget that! They conducted this trade in a manner that's not consider by most as a normal trade. Normal trade, i give you coin, you give me the item. Only time that changes up when you have merchants and traders. Im not asking the community to do anything. Continue to demonize him if it makes you all feel better, make him leave the game not as though Wurm lacking in players right? What if what im saying is true, then what? Do you care? Do any of you? None of you know what was said between the two remember logs can be altered. So in truth none of you including myself knows exactly what went down but them two and the GM handling it. Truthfully if the GM believed he was that much in the wrong why didn't he give him a perm ban? After all people have been banned for far less. The community is free to make what ever choices they want but i see no reason to go on demonizing him. Besides did no one read the last post made by Shrimpie in the first forum post? The matter was resolved but then a new post got started right up? By whom? Well same person who started this post so how happy was Gnomesgate? Sounds to me like the silver still didn't make him happy. By the way how long does one person wait before a deal finalized? A day, 3 Days, A week, A Month! This is my final reply and my final word on this. I buy alot from alot of you. Before some you pop off say well i wont be trading with you, go ahead but make sure that applies to your alts as well. Remember karma has a funny way of coming back around. I can recall a transaction i made with a player where he got paid 200 Euros for a toon and he backed out of the deal for no good reason after he received the money. The community reaction, Well it was his toon he had the right to back out of it but he didn't have the right to keep or take your money in which he did take it and then refunded it.  You know that's true he did have the right to back out but no one demonized him for breaking a deal and leading me around on a wild goose chase for an hour. 

This issue with Bruhamoff and Gnomesgate was a break down in the deal made nothing more nothing less, Wasn't a scam wasn't theft for he got his coin and he sold the ships. The Gm got involved yes but you know a GM was involved in mine and it went all the way to rolf no one opened a forum page called the guy a thief and no one demonized him. He was just one of a very a few of the bad deals i come crossed as a buyer. Sounds like this is the new norm, You have a problem with a buyer or a seller run to the forum demonize them and cry wolf even after a GM is called in to handle it. In a time when the ingame economy is at an all time low this is a great way to build it back up! None of you have addressed how he was threatened with hostility by a few from within the game. That as well went way beyond the rules. Im curious why would anyone in there right mind transfer over boats, keys  without collecting the coin first, 1 knarr much less 5? Bottom line two wrongs do not make a right!

s1u7w0.jpg

And let's not forget...

34np3px.jpg

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 1