Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Questions on the upcoming Black Dragon fight.

i dunno if i make it a public fight would they belong to everyone, wouldn't we all just be working together then?

i dunno if i make it a public fight would they belong to everyone, wouldn't we all just be working together then?

Aum, I've always held the deepest respect for you and the things you've written on the forum. It does my heart hurt that you've had any part in this.

Come one, you know better than this.

It doesn't matter whether you give free rides on the Harley you stole bro. It was still stolen.

What's "stolen" about a public event that everyone has access to?  I'm afraid I don't understand your frustration.

I'll repeat the question.  Maybe it'll process this time?

I'll repeat the question.  Maybe it'll process this time?

Wow. Really?

If you take something from someone, regardless of whether the END RESULT is the same, it is the MANNER in which it is achieved that matters.

'The end justifies the means' ?

Guess who said that...

Let me put this another way. There is a deer in the forest that I am hunting. I'm there first. I shoot at the deer and injure it, and follow the blood trail, you hear the shot, come along and see the blood trail, muscle in ahead of me, even though you KNOW I am trying to capture the deer, and then you edge in and shoot at the deer. The deer falls. Who's deer is it. Yours or mine? Even if we BOTH intended to give the meat away to a soup kitchen. The MANNER in which it was achieved matters.

If you don't think so, there's nothing more I can say that will change your mind.

Some days I feel like I'm explaining 'Situation Ethics' to preschoolers.

Edited by Belrindor

So let me see if I understand correctly.  From your failed analogy of shooting a deer, you're telling me that you tried and failed to pen the dragon, and you're upset because someone else successfully did the same thing?

You think it's yours because you saw it first, is your logic, right?

Edited by Wargasm

1.) Not my dragon.

2.) Not upset that someone else penned the dragon

3.) More than a bit miffed that epic douchebaggery of this kind against fellow players is engaged in by people who should know better just because it's not 'against the rules'.

i didn't steal anything, i was sleeping when all this happened, i was not the person who penned it. people will assume what they wish

as soon as i logged into release there was stuff about it in freedom, saying whykillme and "others" which i would assume is including me as he is a trusted friend yeah, and i dropped the "all your dragon are belong to us"  as i hadnt had my coffee yet and yes i will greet you all with the fondest of sarcasm in the morning, yes i like hunting dragons as does he more so than me, he doesnt have tolerance for ppl who dont know what they are doing, release has lost a dragon before and we helped get it back for you.

i did hear some stuff that happened about this particular black dragon tho, which i believe to be pretty simple, some ppl died, dragon was sitting on road, other person decided to get it over with.

there are other ppl who could of grabbed it at that point so securing it for you guys public slaying seems like a good thing?

i imagine the emotions at the time for the one side may seemed like they were robbed or w/e but that comes with the territory of hunting the dragon, but that falls only a loss on their pride as for some reason you guys see me and others as non releasians, but i in fact see you all as family just the same, regardless of server, we can sail travel and have homes everywhere, and we are all working together to have a better pve experience and thus i love public events and fairness to all

however people who spitting drama in freedom chat cause they didnt have their stuff together and lost a fish off their line will be met with severe sarcasm, how they take that sarcasm is up to them, perspective is relative to your experiences i guess.

I dont feel wkm had ill intentions, just not much patients maybe, and awareness of others ability of duchbaggery, but thats just my personal opinion of an event that i was not present at

Edited by Aum
  • Like 3

First group capturing it had already purchased the shaker orb, but I guess it's easy to say a group was "doing it wrong" when you've had experience ganking the catch off other people.

Edit:  Tell me who you walk with, I'll tell you who you are.

Edited by Mordraug

i didn't steal anything, i was sleeping when all this happened, i was not the person who penned it. people will assume what they wish

as soon as i logged into release there was stuff about it in freedom, saying whykillme and "others" which i would assume is including me as he is a trusted friend yeah, and i dropped the "all your dragon are belong to us"  as i hadnt had my coffee yet and yes i will greet you all with the fondest of sarcasm in the morning, yes i like hunting dragons as does he more so than me, he doesnt have tolerance for ppl who dont know what they are doing, release has lost a dragon before and we helped get it back for you.

i did hear some stuff that happened about this particular black dragon tho, which i believe to be pretty simple, some ppl died, dragon was sitting on road, other person decided to get it over with.

there are other ppl who could of grabbed it at that point so securing it for you guys public slaying seems like a good thing?

i imagine the emotions at the time for the one side may seemed like they were robbed or w/e but that comes with the territory of hunting the dragon, but that falls only a loss on their pride as for some reason you guys see me and others as non releasians, but i in fact see you all as family just the same, regardless of server, we can sail travel and have homes everywhere, and we are all working together to have a better pve experience and thus i love public events and fairness to all

however people who spitting drama in freedom chat cause they didnt have their stuff together and lost a fish off their line will be met with severe sarcasm, how they take that sarcasm is up to them, perspective is relative to your experiences i guess.

I dont feel wkm had ill intentions, just not much patients maybe, and awareness of others ability of duchbaggery, but thats just my personal opinion of an event that i was not present at

Thank ye for being honest. To quote Gandalf... "He's a fool, but an honest fool he remains..." ;)

Glad to hear it.

pretty much everyone is free to try and capture the dragon

who owns the fish if the fish got away and was caught by someone else?

the first guy? or the second guy?

I guess the issue is did the fish get away and then someone else catch it, or did someone else come along and hook the fish as it was being pulled in by the original person.

From what I understand of the situation is that a group had the aggro of the dragon and were trying to trap it, when someone else came in and was able to get the aggro and then lead it away. If that action is indeed true while not against the rules, and while allowed in all fairness, in may peoples minds is not cool and reflects bad on that person. If they really wanted to help they could have just helped the group where there already, there would be no need to drag it away and hide it.

I don't see the issue in one person trying to find the truth behind an event to determine if they want to be part of it. If you have a problem with that person knowing the truth, then that is your problem, but to be against one person seeking out the truth is just plain crazy.

• Like 3

Ok, then let me just ask you.

Were you party to this in any form whatsoever?

Since no rules were broken, of course.

I wont pretend to think I have any idea of what your definition of a "a party to this" is.

And quite frankly since no rules were broken as far I am concerned there is nothing to be "a party to".

Release is going to have a community event this weekend open to all. Why folks want to start, promote or encourage drama over that is really beyond my comprehension.....

Edited by conmcb25
  • Like 4

I guess the issue is did the fish get away and then someone else catch it, or did someone else come along and hook the fish as it was being pulled in by the original person.

From what I understand of the situation is that a group had the aggro of the dragon and were trying to trap it, when someone else came in and was able to get the aggro and then lead it away. If that action is indeed true while not against the rules, and while allowed in all fairness, in may peoples minds is not cool and reflects bad on that person. If they really wanted to help they could have just helped the group where there already, there would be no need to drag it away and hide it.

I don't see the issue in one person trying to find the truth behind an event to determine if they want to be part of it. If you have a problem with that person knowing the truth, then that is your problem, but to be against one person seeking out the truth is just plain crazy.

This whole thing reminds me a bit of Vanilla WoW. (Anyone here ever play it back then?)

Back before open tapping...

You are sitting there waiting for a boss to spawn with your group for like 30 minutes solid, then half a millisecond after it spawns, someone from outside your group who has been there a whole three seconds, aggros it, gets the first shot in, and thus, gets credit for the creature. Whilst the rest of you are just sitting around going... wow...wtf... really?

Utter. Total. Douchebaggery.

Does wurm just let anyone become a CA?

No of course not but they do try to pick people who can tell the difference between breaking rules or not breaking rules vs not necessarily seeing the game world through anyone's particular value system. 

dragon.jpg

Dragon was being caught in yellow circle, got taken to red.

I wont pretend to think I have any idea of what your definition of a "a party to this" is.

And quite frankly since no rules were broken as far I am concerned there is nothing to be "a party to".

Release is going to have a community event this weekend open to all. Why folks want to start, promote or encourage drama over that is really beyond my comprehension.....

A party to. Involved. Had a hand in.

.I can be involved in whatever I want to be involved in as long as it's within the rules. And no rules were broken today.

Anything other than that is all opinion, not fact.

Wow. After that whole spiel about how no rules were broken and how you can be you still refuse to give a simple yes or no as to whether you were involved?

You tout and tout how no rules were broken, but can't give a simple accounting of whether or not you were involved in any way. Seems to me that if someone is involved in something that they feel is not wrong in any way, shape or form, they don't cockblock and skirt around the issue.

If someone asked me if I was involved in something, I'd say yes I was, or no I was not.

Apparently that's too much to ask for.

There's a reason why he's a CA and you're not, Belrindor... and it probably relates to his logic being sound and yours not so much.

The dragon was penned in preparation for a publc fight with public loot.  You are part of the public, and thus, you are welcome to come participate.  Why this isn't good enough and this forum post keeps going on and on is what confuses me.  The only logical explanation I can think of is that you're mad that you wanted to pen him for a private slaying, but someone beat you to the punch to have a public slaying.  To that, I say kudos to WKM and his crew (in THIS case).

Wow. After that whole spiel about how no rules were broken and how you can be you still refuse to give a simple yes or no as to whether you were involved?

If no rules were broken, why does it matter?

Edited by Wargasm
  • Like 1

No of course not but they do try to pick people who can tell the difference between breaking rules or not breaking rules vs not necessarily seeing the game world through anyone's particular value system. 

I would also hope they'd pick people who know what douchebaggery is whether or not it's against the rules. Intentionally messing with other players is not something someone in your position should be supporting, whether it's in the rules or not. You should be better than that.

But the fish gets shared in the end, so why does it matter who reeled it in? Bragging rights? Or was there intentions from the first people to spot the fish to do something different, and that's why they're bummed out?

• Like 2

If no rules were broken, why does it matter?

If no rules were broken, why afraid to admit it?

I can agree on the following:

1.) No rules were broken in the douchebag nabbing of the Black Dragon from the other party.

2.) This does not make it any less douchebaggy.

3.) To some people, the manner in which they conduct themselves matters, not merely the end goal.

Thank you for your responses everyone. From what was presented, I will definitely not be attending an event where the critter was captured in such an underhanded way and where other players were intentionally negatively affected just so someone else could claim the glory and kudos from hosting the public event.

You are who you surround yourself with. Remember that.

Edited by Belrindor

Okay, I'll admit it.  I penned it.  

Feel better?  I'm sorry I stole your dragon for your private slaying.  But, someone calling someone else a douche bag for stealing a dragon from someone who was intending to slay it privately... that's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it?

Edited by Wargasm
  • Like 3

I would also hope they'd pick people who know what douchebaggery is whether or not it's against the rules. Intentionally messing with other players is not something someone in your position should be supporting, whether it's in the rules or not. You should be better than that.

That's your opinion and value system. 

And to answer your earlier question, I don't know what your definition of a party to is, nor do I care to.

I had no physical involvement in what happened this morning.

But I did contact the parties that successfully trapped the dragon in a mine and offered my support especially after the event when the person whose deed the dragon is on is going to need some help repairing there mine.

So does that make me a party? If so ah well, but its not going to change my actions, nothing was stolen and no rules were broken.

But the fish gets shared in the end, so why does it matter who reeled it in? Bragging rights? Or was there intentions from the first people to spot the fish to do something different, and that's why they're bummed out?

The same question can be asked about the group that did reel it in, why were they simply not willing to help the group there, why did they feel that they had to drag it far away? Bragging rights?

Right now people are putting out alot of assumptions about what one group was going to do over the other, and unless you have facts showing that one group was going to keep it private, you have no right to speak to the intentions of that group. Speak to the facts if you have them otherwise we all know what "ass u me" means.

My head hurts from reading all the triviality :s 

• Like 2