Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Questions on the upcoming Black Dragon fight.

Hi folks.

I have a few questions on the whole Black Dragon fight thing on Release that I haven't seen answered.

Several comments/allegations were made that the dragon was... how shall we say... pilfered, I suppose we could use that term, from other players who were in the process of locking up the dragon.

I'd love nothing more to participate in a dragon fight. Always wanted to do so since I first started playing the game. But whether I do so or not depends entirely on HOW said dragon was obtained. I won't be party to dishonorable proceedings.

Therefore, I need more information to make that determination, one way or the other.

Not being there myself, this is all secondhand information, and I'd like people to be able to put their facts into this thread and see if we can get some kind of truth to come to light on the matter.

So, I'll start out with a few questions and people who know the answer to them can pop in.

1.) Was the Black Dragon on Release ninja'd from other people who were in the process of containing it? (Y/N would suffice.)

2.) If Yes to the above, why was this done? Please describe in detail. If No, then please give some basic information on when and how the dragon was obtained, and who was involved in it's capturing.

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 2

Don't come then.

There is always 2 sides to a story and its dragon drama, the truth is what you want to see it as.

Edited by conmcb25
  • Like 1

Is that even an answer? From a CA?

'Don't come then'?!?

Wow.

I'm just looking for the truth of the matter here.

Do you have any to provide, or are you just going to supply zippy one liners?

Does it matter if a CA responded like that? quite an honest response if you ask me.

• Like 2

I agree with Belrindor. A supposedly WURM representative and that's the answer you give? And to make it worse you are a CA, a helper so to speak. Please, you need to practice some more professional responses. That was terrible even for a volunteer. He asked a simple question. The reply makes it look like there is good cause for his concern. 

Does it matter if a CA responded like that? quite an honest response if you ask me.

A CA isn't 'just another player'. They represent the customer-facing side of Wurm. So yes, it DOES matter.

Absolutely not a good response from a Code Club representative. He comes off like a 12 year old. 

well in my eyes it could of been said differently... he just wants to kno whats going on thats all and thats understandable!! =))

He has a point, if you're so easily bothered i don't think dragons are a subject you should get anywhere near.

To clarify the people it was "jacked" from had been attempting and failing to pen for hours, so someone who actually knows what they are doing came in and sorted it to save time and embarrassment.

So you're saying it was indeed stolen from players who were actively trying to pen it then?

'Save Time and embarrassment'? Who's time and who's embarrassment? If my farming is higher than yours, can I come over and take all your crops. You know... to save you time and embarrassment...

• Like 1

Don't come then.

There is always 2 sides to a story and its dragon drama, the truth is what you want to see it as.

I don't know the truth.

That's why I'm asking there boss.

But I must say that you are certainly giving me pause for concern.

Send the guy who made the forum thread a PM and ask him instead, I'm sure he can answer any concerns you might have.

• Like 2

About half of the slaying events ive been to, the unique was acquired in questionable circumstances.

I'm just happy to attend public loot slayings.

• Like 1

Send the guy who made the forum thread a PM and ask him instead, I'm sure he can answer any concerns you might have.

I've already asked in the thread.

And I'm not overly fond of 'PMs'. I prefer things to be out in the open. The truth doesn't need to hide in the dark or be behind closed doors. If the dragon has NOT been ninja'd it should be a fairly easy thing to provide such information here.

If the people who said it was, are lying, they'll be exposed as such.

Also if people did ninja the dragon, they'll also be exposed as such.

All I've seen thus far are confirmations (one which has been erased) that the dragon was indeed taken from a group that was actively trying to capture it.

That's sleazy. Grade A sleazy.

• Like 1

About half of the slaying events ive been to, the unique was acquired in questionable circumstances.

I'm just happy to attend public loot slayings.

That may be the case. But I'd never participate in something in which I knew what was the case which had happened. If we support such things they'll only continue. I see it as a very crappy form of griefing towards other players. At the very least, it's shady and low class.

Like one guy said "All your dragon are belong to us".  Now I'm sure they do. 
Gl with your dragon(s).

Is that even an answer? From a CA?

'Don't come then'?!?

Wow.

I'm just looking for the truth of the matter here.

Do you have any to provide, or are you just going to supply zippy one liners?

My one liner says it all. Dragons usually produce drama. If you want to go to a Dragon slaying that has no controversy, then don't come, its really as simple as that.

^There are people on this server who think a dragon was "stolen."

There are people on this server who think the people that were trying to trap it didn't really know what they were doing and someone who did came along and took care of it.

In any case the slaying is going to be public so does it really matter who penned it?

That's all for you to decide because there is no absolute truth only what your opinion is. 

And in the case of Dragons, its really about whether you are going to pay attention to and promote the drama or not.

• Like 3

My one liner says it all. Dragons usually produce drama. If you want to go to a Dragon slaying that has no controversy, then don't come, its really as simple as that.

^There are people on this server who think a dragon was "stolen."

There are people on this server who think the people that were trying to trap it didn't really know what they were doing and someone who did came along and took care of it.

In any case the slaying is going to be public so does it really matter who penned it?

That's all for you to decide because there is no absolute truth only what your opinion is. 

And in the case of Dragons, its really about whether you are going to pay attention to and promote the drama or not.

No, I think it's really about whether people conduct themselves properly. Not whether one pays attention to and promotes the 'drama'. People say a dragon was stolen from them when they were trying to pen this. I've yet to see ONE rebuttal. In fact, your response tells me that you know this to be the case and are justifying it.

Does it matter who penned it? No. Does it matter HOW it was penned? Yes. That is what is for me to decide. Whether I want to be party to, and promote, shady shifty dealings or not.

Shady shifty dealings which I seriously hope you had no part in whatsoever.

You are seriously going to sit here and tell me there is no absolute truth only shades of gray because there's a dragon involved?

Oh, there's a truth here. And I will find it.

Edited by Belrindor

.I can be involved in whatever I want to be involved in as long as it's within the rules. And no rules were broken today.

Anything other than that is all opinion, not fact.

.I can be involved in whatever I want to be involved in as long as it's within the rules. And no rules were broken today.

Anything other than that is all opinion, not fact.

Ok, then let me just ask you.

Were you party to this in any form whatsoever?

Since no rules were broken, of course.

Edited by Belrindor

I don't understand.  This is the black dragon on Release.  On the release boards I see a black dragon fight (with public loot) is scheduled for 3 days from now.  Public loot means everyone is welcome.    Why is this a problem for you, Belrindor?

• Like 2

I don't understand.  This is the black dragon on Release.  On the release boards I see a black dragon fight (with public loot) is scheduled for 3 days from now.  Public loot means everyone is welcome.    Why is this a problem for you, Belrindor?

It's not a problem for me. I LOVE public events! I think they're awesome.

I like flea markets too.

However, if the flea market is hawking stolen merchandise, do you really want to shop there?

Even if it's 'free' and 'public', do you really want to be part of something where sleazy and dirty tactics (whether they were against the 'rules' or not) were employed?

Does that not reflect upon US, if we participate in such things?

Does that not reflect on people who we effectively 'look up to' in the game, if THEY also participate in such things?

Or, like another poster, do you simply not care as long as you get your free blood?

Edited by Belrindor

What's "stolen" about a public event that everyone has access to?  I'm afraid I don't understand your frustration.

pretty much everyone is free to try and capture the dragon

who owns the fish if the fish got away and was caught by someone else?

the first guy? or the second guy?

pretty much everyone is free to try and capture the dragon

who owns the fish if the fish got away and was caught by someone else?

the first guy? or the second guy?

I dunno Aum. Are all our dragons are belong to you?