Sign in to follow this  
Lisabet

Forest Giant Fight! 9 April 2015

The Signup for this fight is now closed, with 92 Players possibly attending. Good luck on the loot roll all :)

I'd love the tatoo or antler helm..so cool that'd be, wish that was a possible drop for  loot I'd skip all else.

• Like 2

South side of the camp :)

wurm.20150409.0929_zpsva2bwi9i.jpg

CHARGE!!!

wurm.20150409.1239_zpsjut56kj1.jpg

Fighting the Giant(Died real fast lol)

wurm.20150409.1241_zpsr7fxfu5z.jpg

Edited by Vornak

Thanks for organising and for making a public fight :)

• Like 1

Great fight, ofcourse i was thrown outside the cage again by the beast!

• Like 3

Can only thank Lisabet for the best lag fest ever (had RAM and CPU at 98% at some point), for patience, understanding and fairness (I wonder who else would have added to the loot roll those who couldn't make it to hit because it was too crowded) (wasn't me, I tickled the giant to death!).

Awesome Lisa! I love you :wub:

Edited by Evening
  • Like 4

Thanks folks, 'twas fun. :)

The lag was pretty impressive though. I had the Forest Giant targeted and was walking towards it, and then... BAMMO, lag spike, next thing I know I fell off the cliff. At least it wasn't far enough to do much damage! Turned around and tried to hack at it's legs. Dunno if I actually hit it or not, but did get the achievement. Thanks again for another top-class hosted event. :wub:

14c42lv.png

Dat's a lotta peeps!

For the record, it's tied for second place with 2 other kills. 

Kill	                Slayers Text                                                   Server559111526611959808	84      The The aged black dragon hatchling has been slain...  Pristineserver586252965473824769	71      The The venerable starving forest giant has been s...  Pristineserver559065151895519232	71      The The venerable forest giant has been slain.	       Releaseserv475334797121060864	71      The The venerable starving kyklops has been slain.     freeserv1495982585580122113	70      The The venerable scared black dragon hatchling ha...  Releaseserv574663150571798528	70      The The aged kyklops has been slain.	               freeserv1
Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 2

71 Slayers! That must be some kind of record.

Also looks like you guys quadrupled the population on Pristine.

yes, we tend to get close to killing the server on the unique fights :P we did basically on the black drake.

Can only thank Lisabet for the best lag fest ever (had RAM and CPU at 98% at some point), for patience, understanding and fairness (I wonder who else would have added to the loot roll those who couldn't make it to hit because it was too crowded) (wasn't me, I tickled the giant to death!).

Awesome Lisa! I love you :wub:

I set down basic rules, which even I must follow.  As for the three that got added because it was too crowded, it was only fair, since not everyone pulled back once they hit.  But they were on the signup sheet which I'm trying to promote people doing.   Love you back :)

Thanks folks, 'twas fun. :)

The lag was pretty impressive though. I had the Forest Giant targeted and was walking towards it, and then... BAMMO, lag spike, next thing I know I fell off the cliff. At least it wasn't far enough to do much damage! Turned around and tried to hack at it's legs. Dunno if I actually hit it or not, but did get the achievement. Thanks again for another top-class hosted event. :wub:

You falling off the cliff is exactly why I insisted on players moving to the east side of the pen; it was to prevent things like that from occuring.  Besides, horses were easily available, which would have kept it from happening in your case.  

I was also at the 84 kill list event at the top.  My laptop violtently convusled so heavily I could not remain logged in even for blood n hide let alone run my axe along it's scaly neck

Lisabet you really did an amazing job hosting.  many well thought out accommodations, site kill setup, and ofc Katrinka's catering provided.  I had a very awesome time even in the lag for there was the pre game ritualistic sparring matches, impings, chatter among friends and new acquaintences.   The wurm experience is at its best when the community comes together!  Thank You.

I do remember that fight fondly; drama included.  Thanks for the compliments...Kat really enjoys catering our uniques, and I quite enjoy the pre fight happenings as well.

All in all, it was a wonderful fight, and a great win for all that rolled up on the loot roll.

e88jsz.png

Thanks to all for coming, and I look forward to the next spawn ;)

*edit again :P* thanks to everyone that posted great pics as well :)

Edited by Lisabet
  • Like 1

Oh cool, I missed that one. How do things end up with 1 slayer? I see that on both sites. the guy killed it using a drop shaft glitch GMs dident respawn it for some reason