Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Better one handed support for Cart and Mounted Movement

So, most of us are familiar with a sight like this:

24oooeh.png

Mounted on a cart, that is. For some of us, that's a pretty large portion of our playtime depending on what we are doing and whether or not it involves travel.

For people who don't have use of both hands, that can be a bit trying at times.

What I'd like to suggest is a 'snap-to' camera option where the camera would automatically follow the direction the cart is facing. It can't possibly be that hard to do, as a 'follow camera' option is pretty standard in most games.

For myself personally, I have nerve damage in one hand that makes it trying on the best of days to travel by cart for any extended period. And even the days when my hand isn't acting up, I usually have an infant in the other hand, which makes my play time increasingly 'deed-bound' and unable to leave for other than very short periods of time.

Which, being the explorer and adventurer type, makes it not so fun at times.

So... that's it.

Please consider helping people who don't have full use of both of their hands the ability to enjoy the game better by programming simple (and what should be standard) camera options. Even folks with arthritis would GREATLY appreciate something like this, I'm sure.

Many thanks for your time and consideration.

• Like 10

at the same time, can we have holding both mouse keys down make us walk forward please.

You can set the turn left and turn right(the ones that turn you not move), to q and e. I use them quite a bit when driving my horse or cart.

BUT

+1 Would be nice to have something that did that for me.

• Like 1

+1  my hands are beginning to get quite arthritic, so... yes - please.

I don't have hand problems but I do like to play one handed, especially my movement keys. What i do is assign my mouse buttons to keyboard keys, forward and back become W and S (I actually reverse these because the back mouse button is easier to reach, so back is the W key) and tilting the mouse wheel left and right are Q and E. Clicking the the mouse wheel is X (or in game bind to mouse2). With that all my movement is done on the mouse.

Taking it further, i got the logitech MMO gaming mouse, it has many buttons on it that I use in combination with an advanced keybind set (heavy use of exec files) to also put my most used actions on the mouse. It works great for me and I got used to it easily.

Still a follow camera would be great, might be more difficult to make it good than it seems though, maybe the new collision system would help there. Anyway...

+1

This would be very good addition, it is suggested very often as well (I posted the same suggestion about 2-3 months ago, saw it few times before as well).

Currently multitasking while being on horseback or cart/wagon is almost impossible unless you drive straight road.

+1

Edited by Warlander

Made the same suggestion many, many, years ago.

Hopefully this will be reconsidered this time.

+1

Actually, this has been requested a couple of times before.

Edited by Yaga

Static view and 3rd person would be nice options. 

In the mean time you could get a mouse with extra buttons, they are easy to program.

+1

I could use less carpal tunnel syndrome.