Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Where did the glow go?

So I have this rare large chest...

It's pinewood and does not glow.

So, making another chest, I used some rare birchwood planks, and lucked out and it actually rared, complete with awesome glow and all, with one plank left to go! (First time ever, thank Rolf for small miracles...)

So I was thinking... GREAT! Let's make it something rather unique! I've never seen a.... oh... olivewood rare chest before. Let's make one of those!

So, I happily attach the last plank, and voila! rare olivewood large chest.

Then I notice the glow is gone. Ok, maybe I just need to move the chest to reset the display. No dice. No glow.

2jd0xgk.png

[16:15:53] A large chest made from planks and strengthened with iron ribbons. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. It is made from olivewood. You notice some notches you must carve away in order to improve the large chest. Ql: 34.35525, Dam: 0.0.

So... is there a list anywhere of what woods actually glow when rare and what ones totally don't? Because having a rare that doesn't glow, is very anticlimactic for how long it takes to actually make one of these things. It's just a normal olivewood chest that happens to say 'rare' in front of it. Yippeedoo.

I'd further like to suggest that all rare be made to glow, regardless of wood type, please and thank you.

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 3

Made sure your other rares still glo?  Got your compat settings for glow turned on?  Believe it was GLSL shader support

Edited by Nomadikhan

Made sure your other rares still glo?  Got your compat settings for glow turned on?  Believe it was GLSL shader support

Yep.

Rare cedarwood bucket, satchel, and oakwood mallet all glow.

9uc3z9.png

I don't know if it's just the chests, but so far pinewood and olivewood chests do NOT glow.

Edited by Belrindor

iirc animated rare objects don't have the glow

iirc animated rare objects don't have the glow

Animated, as in... it opens and closes in this case?

That would actually make sense as the item would be changing states and might be a pain to program.

But wagons and carts glow, and they're animated. I have a rare glowy small cart. Wheels turn and it glows.

Ok, let me ask this. Is there ANYONE out there that has a glowy rare large chest?

Edited by Belrindor

Animated, as in... it opens and closes in this case?

That would actually make sense as the item would be changing states and might be a pain to program.

But wagons and carts glow, and they're animated. I have a rare glowy small cart. Wheels turn and it glows.

Ok, let me ask this. Is there ANYONE out there that has a glowy rare large chest?

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/109484-list-of-rare-items-that-doesnt-glow/#entry1192403

I have a rare large chest as well, for over a year. It has never glowed for me.

Edited by Nicrolis

As Huntar has indicated, there is a thread in the maintenance forum which is keeping track of those items missing a glow.  Please be sure to post any new finds there so that it can be followed in one area.  The other post is linked to the bug report.  It's also a good place to start to see if a particular item has already been reported.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/109484-list-of-rare-items-that-doesnt-glow/

well, rare magical turrets are animated but glow... Annyil just had the luck to make one

well, rare magical turrets are animated but glow... Annyil just had the luck to make one

That's probably why Xanadu is a total lag shop. Ha

And all this time I simply assumed that it was a certain wood that didn't make the chest glow. Pinewood in my case.

So now I have two 'rare', but non rare visually, rare chests.

I've seen other 'animated' things glow. Is it really that hard to make the glow work with a wagon but not something like a chest? Just curious.

I think non glowy rares really suck the fun and magic out of the whole thing.

I think non glowy rares really suck the fun and magic out of the whole thing.

Agreed. Imaging not having any glowing things at all?

Still waiting on GLSL to work for everyone (without causing drastic lag). Submitted the question, when will everyone be able to use GLSL, during the last question period staff thingy. Unfortunately it was not one of the questions picked for answering. So will ask again next year.

:(

My wife has had a supreme  chest for over a year ,nothing is been done you report them along with rare carts and catapults  and are told  yep we are looking in to it and then a new moon is released  it's like returning  your new broken  car only to have a bicycle returned to you ...ahh well i have given up a long time ago.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2015 at 0:23 AM, Gumbo said:

when will everyone be able to use GLSL

Most likely answer: When everyone will stop playing on potatoes and/or intel GPUs stop being broken ######.

An easy design suggestion would be for the option to turn off the glow without having to disable GLSL. That way all camps can be happy.

The glow went all into my old deed...and probably has decayed by now. :P

CWOTqas.jpg

On 3/31/2016 at 6:17 AM, VentureCo said:

The glow went all into my old deed...and probably has decayed by now. :P

CWOTqas.jpg

WOAH