Sign in to follow this  
Torgrim

Please fix the creature spawn on Xanadu

So if the count has decreased slightly in Vrock and increased slightly in the South, that means something has indeed been rebalanced after all. Maybe over time this change will become more pronounced...

I'm not sure about the Vrock area but not far from there (mountains to the north/east) it looks like nothing has changed, I'd say even the spawn rate grows. 

Below pictures taken north of the mountain at F15/16.

Second picture taken on the horizon (sand/green) of the first.

flTNZpT.jpg

nGmlrRF.jpg

• Possible fix for uneven creature distribution on large maps. Seeing the result of this will probably take a week or two and note that creatures usually don’t spawn in the vicinity of online players.

wurm.20151110.1812.jpgwurm.20151110.1814.jpgwurm.20151110.1815.jpgwurm.20151110.1821_1.jpg

Taken around N12 to P12 Xanadu, almost been 3 weeks now and this is a regular sighting in the south

*Copied from weekly news post*

went up to middle of Xana - a single troll and hellhound on all the trip. It was quite filled with scorps and such here a few months ago.

They must be moving north since still nothing on the south coast

nothing changed around where i am, the middle of the map

we get a few animals, which makes sense being between the north and south

looks like fixing this is gonna be the new  "sheep" or "bridge"

soon tm

• Like 1

My area has more creatures than normal in the south east area, not nearly as much as the north, but actually getting some hunting in for once (P22 area). There's not many players around and I managed to see a champ lava spider, a champ black bear, and a handful of other aggros (trolls, spiders, wildcats, crocs). There are far more non-aggro creatures around than anything else though. Spent a lot of time smushing those ones. 

Took new get infos (all at the same spot) a few minutes riding from Vrock Landing. No change in critter density as far as I can tell (and I'm happy about that, sorry to the people in the south!).

19.10 - 192 aggro critters in local

23.10 - 189

24.10 - 209

26.10 - 175

29.10 - 191

04.11 - 150

06.11 - 168

09.11 - 178

13.11 - 149

17.11 - 173

Edited by Eobersig

I've also taken a few new get infos, at the same spots I was doing them previously. Although I was seeing lower numbers a few weeks ago, 233, the last one is back up to 456. So, I guess the lower numbers were caused by visiting hunters...

On a side note I am seeing significantly more Brown Bears and Wolves.

No change in the NW corner as far as I can see. I would be pretty ok with it if there were a bit less trolls. Currently I can't walk more than a few tiles without being attacked by one. It's good for fight skill, but it gets tiresome when you try to do other things...

I can't even stay on land for more than a minute or so at NE xan, there are 6+ spiders, plus scorpions and wolves on any given hillside

I don't know if something has changed overall - but round Vrocks (same spot I checked since a few months) we now have a new low in aggro critter population. currently 106 aggro critters in a get-info, high count was 209 on 24th of October.

7 hours ago, Eobersig said:

I don't know if something has changed overall - but round Vrocks (same spot I checked since a few months) we now have a new low in aggro critter population. currently 106 aggro critters in a get-info, high count was 209 on 24th of October.

If you always check the same spot, the mob population will change when deeds are formed or disbanded, and when domestic animal populations change.

Edited by Cista

2 hours ago, Cista said:

If you always check the same spot, the mob population will change when deeds are formed or disbanded, and when domestic animal populations change.

No deed anywhere close, no farms, no breeders. It's largely natural terrain in dense maple woods.

I'm considering getting med up for path of knowledge just to show you how bad the get info is in sw xanadu. I bet there are less than 10 aggro mobs in my local and less than 50 in pure un-hunted wilderness

1 hour ago, Fraeya said:

I'm considering getting med up for path of knowledge just to show you how bad the get info is in sw xanadu. I bet there are less than 10 aggro mobs in my local and less than 50 in pure un-hunted wilderness

If you look further up this thread, it is in fact not unusual to get 0-3 aggro mobs listed in S Xanadu.

46 minutes ago, Cista said:

If you look further up this thread, it is in fact not unusual to get 0-3 aggro mobs listed in S Xanadu.

Saved me then, I tend to follow this thread but I've not read every post. Like I thought then sadly

I've been casting Reveal Creatures each day and thought I have, I think, just one neighboring deed (not in local, but a short boat ride away), there are, at most 10 creatures that are not mine. Mostly chickens and pigs. Mobs don't even seem to be high up on the slopes. Just missing. I'm at G/H26, so not really south, but I see a huge difference when I sail to Summerholt. 

I hope we can sort this out, or at least let players lead domestic creatures (inc hell horses) over water, so we can stock our farms for hides, milk, wool and meat. 

bump, can we get this looked at seriously please its been almost 2 years now this is bloody stupid

• Like 2

There is some spots down sw where we DO seem to have high mob density. Unfortunately it's exclusively on the flanks of the supertall mountains. As if someone actively tried to add insult to injury :P

9 hours ago, Eltaran said:

There is some spots down sw where we DO seem to have high mob density. Unfortunately it's exclusively on the flanks of the supertall mountains. As if someone actively tried to add insult to injury :P

yes but not of hostiles of any difficulty, mostly large groups of cows 

i have seen 87 creatures within a 10x30 area on Xanadu, mostly horse/bull/cow/scorpion, all piled up along a nice cliffside.

makes me want to have bearpits back...

normally get info in our area returns less than 10 creatures total, off deed in the wilds

I'm in the north east and I can't get enough mobs here. Myself and Aske must have killed about 100  yesterday alone on our travels.

Here in the northwest there are still plenty of roaming creatures, although I don't see anything close to the swarming masses that used to collect high on the steep mountain coastlines.

I remember first reaching the high rim of the local desert, the sandy expanse totally peppered with mobs as far as I could see. My companion described it perfectly by noting that were a 'stupid' amount of creatures below. I felt very fortunate to have unknowingly chosen such a hostile region to settle in.

I know you southerners need some down your way, and some people up north prefer a bit less. I almost wish we could get even more up here; maybe if they 'turn it up' for the whole server, a few (relatively many) may happen to wander down your way.