Sign in to follow this  
Torgrim

Please fix the creature spawn on Xanadu

This is not about me or where I live ( I live in the south ).

This is about people saying that a so called bug should be fixed.  Where does it say in Xanadu handbook that there has to be X number of mobs per tile ?

I enjoy the lack of no mobs around my farms. 

Xanadu is big.  People complain enough already about lag. Our Dev's have done a great job in helping get rid of a lot of it.

Have you thought that maybe adding so many more mobs might negatively effect more people than it would help ?  Cause more lag ?  Hurt the people that enjoy there deeds as is ?

The fix is easy enough as it is. Just move. You remember when you moved from the server you were on before you came here ?  All that hard work you put in there. What is so hard about that ?

• Like 3

This is not about having x number of ores in your deed area. This is more similar to having only 4 gold veins in whole half of the map or only 4 silver veins in the other half. Nobody is complaining about how few mobs they have right next to their deed, problem is that people travel all the way  to an area that has no deeds nearby and is not frequently visited, only to find there are just few mobs roaming around. How is that not a bug?

In the south people need to travel for some time to see any mobs, unless they deeded right on a hunting ground. Did you deed on a hunting ground? If so, you had a more clear choice of choosing where to deed than people who had no idea about the mob density before they deeded. So you go and deed in a no-man's land and don't want any mobs around you, then come here and bash us who want the bug fixed. Yes it is a bug, it is not intended for north to have all the mobs, especially if devs stated they are trying to fix it. Go and build some towers and walls around your deed if you have some special spot that is raided by mobs, it is easier than moving a whole deed to the north, saying goodbye to all your neighbours and building from scratch.

Sure next thing people will want is to have the mobs butcher and cook themselves.  Xanadu the great mystery where everyone should have x number of everything and if not its a bug.

There is common theme in a lot of games where one day a bug is the next day new feature.  

I say Keep Xanadu lag free .   Make the lazyes move

Edited by Wulfur

I've been around for nearly 2 years...PAYING those devs (Been Premium since a couple weeks after I started..minus a 3 month break due to drama, plus I bought a 6s package.). So don't start carping about 'free' to me.

I'm from Pristine server, where I SAW the difference in the mobs. This is a joke of a mob dispersion problem that they have 'attempted' to fix at least 5 times since I started, and keep breaking it.

When I started this game, they were 'fixing' mobs and accidentally set the mob spawns on overdrive and we had hundreds of mobs/could barely take two steps before another mob would jump on you. (The area I'd settled down had a croc lair...I was basically trapped in my 1x1 fence on a coast for days/running to the neighbor deed to get their templar to kill them...and having the mobs overwhelm the templars and kill it off...so I sat in their 'safe house' for hours waiting on respawns.)

They 'fixed' that one, and they started to 'migrate' and pile up in herds and get stuck on coasts...so they 'fixed' it again...at which point that fix made massive square herds of mobs/non hostiles in certain sections of maps...(Which wiped out whole deeds. I actually had gotten my fighting up by then and had to run and help some returning player get out of a deed because they were getting jumped anytime they even stepped foot outside a fence.)...and left whole sections of the maps barren...(Used to have a steady stream of lions off the mountain...I have killed over 2,500 lions according to achieves window....this fix left all directions of the mountain off my deed without any mobs.)

Then they 'fixed' it again so we at least got minor patrols showing up again, but ever since then it's been 'busted'/bugged and not working properly...on old servers OR Xan.

They've done 'minor' fixes here or there attempting to correct it, and like people said, they'd made a map to show where the mobs were....but they currently have NOT dealt with it, and they've just left it in a broken state since then...without even addressing it.

I get that the game has a small dev team, but something that helps the one major server they have left maintain it's population...is kind of something they should be fixing.

I, as a paying customer, feel they are shafting me..and am fast approaching a time where I decide it's not worth my money to fund anymore and find another game to enjoy...I would rather not have to leave. I left for a break because of drama, and came back because overall the game mechanics are decent (Yeah, there's issues here or there.)...but I packed up my caravel and a knarr full of stuff and moved servers....and found a beautiful place in the south of Xan that I really enjoy....except for the lack of mobs....which I worked tirelessly to build a deed upon. (Dredged the whole harbor to 100+ depth, surface mined whole chunks out of a mountain to finish in the lower flat, and built a 240 slope plateau that hangs off into the harbor with all the dirt from the harbor, and lots of other work.)

Your solution, is that I should pick up and move AGAIN because they won't fix something they've admitted is a problem?

Forgive me while I laugh...

• Like 2

Even though I am currently ambivalent to the mob density in the south (where I live), I would like to see this bug "slain" this summer.

Edited by Aariez

Corsan,

First off the money you spend on the game helps pay for the servers. Wurm runs a lot on people who volunteer there time from CSM's / wiki updater's , forum mods ,  and Yes Developers even work for free.

Second no one wants to see anyone quit the game. Sounds like you put a lot hard work into your deed. I can appreciate that 100%. I too have a few deeds and some I just love and would not want to have to move.  

But if this so called bug will cause more issues with people than it would help why should any Developer waste there time looking into it ?

Issues such as lag?

There is nothing lost by moving you gained a lot of skills in building your deed.
You can sell your deed ?   you know people buy deeds that really well made don't you?  

We know you don't want to " fix " something that may cause server lag.
Either move or sell your deed I would say.

If fixing this bug would cause huge server lag would it be worth it ?   I think not

It makes more sense that thousands of mobs densely compacted in certain areas would be causing the lag, than the other way around.

Lag fear mongering? How does north having a ton of monsters (their monsters and also the monsters that belong to south) help the server having less lag? Where does that logic come from? How does having 2xxxx monsters in one area instead of 1xxxx monsters in each of the 2 areas make the server lag free?

I start to think you have a situation where you are afraid of losing your profit rather than ''I don't want mobs around me'' situation. You are trying really hard to defend the bug without making any sense Wulfur

Edited by Simyaci
  • Like 2

Let's see!

There is water / clay / tar I need! But it is 80 tiles away! Plz move this near my deed because I have worked hard on making my deed and don't want to move or sell it.

Let's put more work on the Dev team.

Let's add more lag to the game.

You want mobs you know where they are  go get them.    Nothing to hide or keep anyone from doing this.

You don't like your area after all the hard work?  Sell it /  Move

No one forced anyone to pick there deed spot.   No one is keeping anyone from any mobs.  Only people here but  a bunch of lazy people.

crying

Wurm don't like lazy

Edited by Wulfur

The Dev's have stated (link provided within this thread) that the current extreme aggro spawn differences in regions is an undesirable problem (bug) that they were looking into in detail at that time. What is unknown is what progress has been made.

An update from them would ease this current debate within this thread and in-game, so it would be of interest to know the current state of the mob union dynamics. Might a Developer or their associated representatives (PR) comment?

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Well, I'm not sure it really is a "bug", perhaps an (unintended?) feature.

Vrock Landing has recently seen a lot of new people, both new players and people that moved to the region. That's a good thing in my book, welcome all. However, it also caused the mob population to plummet. There are some get infos from me in this thread with well over 70-80 aggressive mobs in local - at the same spot a get info shows me 3 aggro mobs now. With ever more deeds and guard towers and templars and ever more tiles terra-formed and paved mob density might be a delicate balance.

It may well be that a reduced spawn rate (due to number of deeds and number of paved tiles) together with more people, more tower guards and more templars killing what's left of the mob population can push down the mob population to near zero.

Well after reading this thread I'm really eager to sail to north Xanadu and grind some FS.  Those desert screenshots are nuts! lol.

Let's add more lag to the game.

Why do you keep mentioning lag? Can you explain this?

Nobody is asking to increase Xanadu's mob count, if that's what you mean. They're asking to even out the distribution while keeping the mob count the same. Lag has nothing to do with this.

You want mobs you know where they are  go get them.    Nothing to hide or keep anyone from doing this.

You know, this might be reasonable if it didn't take 4+ hours to sail from one side of Xanadu to the other. Having areas of light and dense mob population is actually quite nice, as it provides a place to build as well as some reliable hunting grounds, but not when they are so far apart. 

You don't like your area after all the hard work?  Sell it /  Move

I don't think asking people to throw away hundreds of hours of work is reasonable, not to mention that many people are part of an alliance or otherwise have a circle of friends and neighbors around their deed, which is something that no amount of work could replace.

• Like 7

Well after reading this thread I'm really eager to sail to north Xanadu and grind some FS. 

Yeah.....On my way.....

I see they've magically pushed this thread off the front page while they 'bugfix' a bunch of PvP mainly issues out...and still not fixed it...

I went out on a hunt to check the spawn yesterday evening. It's still pretty much the same situation. Trolls behind every other tree, hell hounds, spiders... you don't need to travel much to gain fight skills at least, but very annoying when trying to do something else than fighting.  

This is what it looks like up in NNE Xanadu:

XLdwGb4.jpg5LDibyv.jpg

Edited by SamuelRowe
  • Like 1

I am up by vrocks, where as most of the docile creatures have been grabbed there are a lot of monsters, I cant go down a road without running into 3 trolls 2 scorps a bear 4 hellhounds, etc..... Come hunt up here I would like a peaceful clay run :P (seriosly if someone is looking for a specific animal there are a lot here and I can point you in the right direction.)

Since there seem to be an awful lot of threads on here on a certain topic...I'm going to put this back up there...since we're still waiting on a dev response in here...

Since there seem to be an awful lot of threads on here on a certain topic...I'm going to put this back up there...since we're still waiting on a dev response in here...

It's doubtful you'll get any response until July is over.

oh well, can't hurt to give it a friendly bump every now and then :) The squeaky wheel and all that...

Better to keep it in one thread too, so we don't get too much litter on the board

They may have bumped things a bit... I just came back to my deed after being gone for one day... found 5 spiders just south of it, also had 2 mobs show on another deed which doesn't see many... all in SE Xan.