Sign in to follow this  
Torgrim

Please fix the creature spawn on Xanadu

And "uneven" creature spawns means reducing them in the north too!

=Ayes=

Thank you for destroying the cool feeling of xanadu where some places are safe and some places are for madmen. 

Sincerely, Kushier.

PS: Go to hell and die.

Thank you for destroying the cool feeling of xanadu where some places are safe and some places are for madmen.

Well, we will see how it pans out and what happens to the different regions.

This change to the mob density would certainly have been a good move more than a year ago, I'm not so sure about that at this moment of time however.

As an inhabitant of southern Xanadu, I at least am super happy that something is finally being done about this as having spawn around also makes the world feel more alive. It felt like a ghost town down here. And not very much fun exploring if the forests are just... empty.

However I also see the value of having safer and more dangerous areas, but then I think this should be spread out throughout the whole map. So south, north, west and east would all have "patches" of super spawn and emptier areas. But the way it was now (and considering the massive size of Xanadu) it just was not good. Maybe it could have worked as a smaller server map, but completely unreasonable to force southerners to travel up 8 hours to get up to the north for some "casual hunting". 

Found 2 wolves and a scorpion corpse already :-P

• Like 1

Still not finding anything around me.  Hopefully it is still being looked at

Warlander  [developer] 7 hours ago

Everything depends on server creature count. In case of Xanadu, southern part of this server always offered very peaceful, build-oriented experience, while northern part have a lot of mobs that can be a challenge sometimes.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/366220/discussions/0/490124466469465825/

Quote from Steam forums, this makes it sound like the lack of mobs on the southern portion of Xanadu was a planned feature and not some bug, I've yet to see it announced this was an intended feature, if you have quotes or facts to back up this assumption I'd love to see them.

I swear at times people just start making up.

• Like 1

Everything depends on server creature count. In case of Xanadu, southern part of this server always offered very peaceful, build-oriented experience, while northern part have a lot of mobs that can be a challenge sometimes.

Quote from Steam forums, this makes it sound like the lack of mobs on the southern portion of Xanadu was a planned feature and not some bug, I've yet to see it announced this was an intended feature, if you have quotes or facts to back up this assumption I'd love to see them.

I swear at times people just start making ###### up.

Wow that's annoying to read, that a developer would post that. If it was intended for the Southern part of Xanadu to be "quiet" I've never heard of it announced anywhere. 

That being said, the change that was added a bit ago to help with the population issue is slowly helping in my area. I've been posting my get-info stats for a while, never seeing more than 4 creatures at a time in the P22 area. Today I got the following: 

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Aged lava spider is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Old alert troll is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Aged angry large rat is quite some distance away ahead of you to the left. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Old wild cat is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Venerable huge spider is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Mature black wolf is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Aged mountain lion is quite some distance away behind you to the left. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Venerable crocodile is quite some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Venerable hell scorpious is some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Aged lava spider is some distance away behind you. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Aged alert troll is some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Venerable troll is some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Aged lava spider is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Aged lava spider is quite some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Venerable mountain lion is quite some distance away to the right of you. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Adolescent lava spider is some distance away behind you to the right. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Aged lava spider is quite some distance away to the right of you. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Old mountain lion is some distance away to the left of you. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] The Old troll is quite some distance away ahead of you to the right. Above ground.

[2015-11-01] [05:09:04] No hostile creatures found below ground..

This is a great start.

[16:18:15] No hostile creatures found above ground..

[16:18:15] No hostile creatures found below ground..

This is what I got.  We are on the south coast so perhaps they will eventually get down here.

• Like 1

They make ###### up.

"

June 11, 2014

by Rolf

• Seafarers have located routes to and from the Xanadu islands! The eastern borders of the islands aligned with Independence and the western borders of Release and Pristine are now open for travel. Weird currents lead from Xanadu to Deliverance and Release and routes have been established. Furthermore â€“ and this is probably not a coincidence – the Epic portals now have started listing Xanadu as a possible target.

Oh by the way the spawn count may be broken to deliver a more peaceful experience.

Edited by FreeTineen

It's the easy way out for them to say that the southern areas are "build oriented". That's a load of crap. The real answer is that they don't know how to fix it so they have resorted to calling it a feature. This isn't the first game to do this.

• Like 2

Especially since it wasn't like that when the server started. I have early Xanadu screenshots from southern areas full of lava spiders and unicorns. In fact When people started complaining I posted a few times saying I hadn't had any issues near my deed in the south, that it was packed with animals. Then the problem grew worse and my area became empty as well. That's about when the other dev said they were looking at the issue on the test server.

Edited by Depends

Rolf is correct in saying that the spawn is broken at least.. But what Warlander said is something new, probably made up afterwards to explain somthing that they can't seem to fix. 

I too think that some regions with more mobs could be fun. Maybe it should be dens that could be destroyed with community effort. Maybe more "biome" aware spawning, scorpions in deserts etc. this was in the game earler but doesn't seem to work anymore. 

Looks anyway like they are trying to fix somehing now, that is good.

Wasn't there a time when there were no mobs at all on xan?

Yes, when the server initially opened there were no mobs for about two weeks. They did it so new players could explore and settle in peace.

Yes, when the server initially opened there were no mobs for about two weeks. They did it so new players could explore and settle in peace.

Wrong.

I was there on day one with an alt and saw plenty of lava spiders, including a champ.

we had plenty of crocc and scorps in the nearest desert and a lot of trolls in the next one (S15) when Xan opened.

Even the very first champ forest giant spawned on us :D

We had 2-3 sea serpents in our bay, even tried to pen one without success.

Edited by Jaz

I have a theory about mob spawning. And it's that the more they are killed, the more they respawn in that zone. Imagine it from the perspective of lag due to mob population: can't really have an x-number of mobs per "world tile". In that case it would be very inefficient, spawning mobs where isn't anyone around. So my guess is that lairs are spawned AND spawn more where there's more response (aka mob killing).

Now we can see a disparity North-South because of many years of game, I guess. So north we have "already" a "trend" set, while the south is penalized, even with more deeds, cause there's nothing to kill. That's the flaw I guess. Nothing to kill->no response->no spawns. It's a vicious cycle that closes itself more and more. Just a theory :3

i live on the middle of the map, there has been a slight increase of spawns but its still very low

so whatever the "fix" was they implemented i dont think its working very well

I am visiting a deed a few tiles away from Fogshore tunnel and I have done a get info and besides my 2 hell horses there is only 1 spider "quite some distance away" There is a Croc spawn about 15 tiles away from where I am but in the  couple of days I have been here I yet have to see a croc.

It is terrible here. At my deed on Vrock Lake you don't ride for long and you would be attacked by something or even a few at the same time.

For what it's worth I'm used to take a get-info (always at the same spot) a few minutes riding from Vrock Landing. Here are the results from the last 2 weeks:

19.10 - 192 aggro critters in local

23.10 - 189

24.10 - 209

26.10 - 175

29.10 - 191

04.11 - 150

06.11 - 168

My get info for an empty area between Lormere and Linton showed 6 hostiles. Which I will admit is way more than usual but still pretty sad.