Sign in to follow this  
Torgrim

Please fix the creature spawn on Xanadu

The pictures from my previous post is kind of average number of creatures that you have in front of you wherever you go. It's not always trolls, I admitedly picked troll pictures for better effect, but mostly you have a handfull of creatures or more to deal with if you stop somewhere for a rest, you have to pick a tile carefully if you want to be left alone for a few minutes without aggro. 

Edited by Torgrim

NM misread something.

Edited by Elen

The pictures from my previous post is kind of average number of creatures that you have in front of you wherever you go. It's not always trolls, I admitedly picked troll pictures for better effect, but mostly you have a handfull of creatures or more to deal with if you stop somewhere for a rest, you have to pick a tile carefully if you want to be left alone for a few minutes without aggro. 

We are lucky if we see a troll every third week. And that's with a den nearby.

Desert next to my deed has more dens than mobs (most days no mobs whatsoever).

I can't be the only one wondering how many posts like this there needs to be before something is done... We had the first "fix" shortly after Xanadu opened, and then nothing. No acknowledgement that this is a continuous issue even. Considering the frequency with which this problem is mentioned on these forums they cannot feign ignorance. I only hope the dev silence on this matter means that they are quietly working on a solution and will reveal it to us soon. Until then, keep posting, keep reviving these threads - the squeaky wheel... etc.

Edited by flinty

Desert next to my deed has more dens than mobs (most days no mobs whatsoever).

I can't be the only one wondering how many posts like this there needs to be before something is done... We had the first "fix" shortly after Xanadu opened, and then nothing. No acknowledgement that this is a continuous issue even. Considering the frequency with which this problem is mentioned on these forums they cannot feign ignorance. I only hope the dev silence on this matter means that they are quietly working on a solution and will reveal it to us soon. Until then, keep posting, keep reviving these threads - the squeaky wheel... etc.

Im just gonna say it..

It is one of the more problems they are working on but on long term. Some things arent fixed within a day or week..

They said they are working on different issues and they will be fixed. When nobody knows.

Still not seeing mobs. I went on a hunting trip about 1 tile north of me day before yesterday and I didn't even find enough to fill a cart with rafts...

People in Freedom chat talking about "bears" earlier. I live in P22 on Xanadu, what's a bear?

• Like 1

Do you have any proof that creatures prefer to spawn in the North? Have you done a full survey of the map? Just curious. I see creatures all over the place - it's more the environment (tile types) that determine spawns.

Come to Xanadu. Go south an run around for hours.. then go north run around for hours.

Believe me u will notice the difference.

Here is a desert in the North, near GlassHollow. 

SZxAmmi.png

Personaly I'd like to see:

1. An option for people who don't like fighting to not do so. There is already code in the game which turns mobs blue (log in invulnerability, FO's animals affinity). They go red when you attack them. Don't even bother trying to say this would causes imbalance, because it wouldn't (imo anyway, and you're not going to change my mind). Given that its an option it doesn't hurt anyone or force others to change.

2. A different way of thinking about mob spawns. Basicly hunters and those who like to hunt are a "Demand". Wurm should use its resources to identify where demand is highest and increase the likelihood that things spawn in higher demand areas. Hence Wurm uses its resources to do its best to supply demand. A good way to track demand is a geographing player versus mob killcount dot-density-graph. NPC kills don't count. Just because lots of deeds are around doesn't mean lots of mobs should spawn because those deeds may or may not want that.

I grew tired of the fubar spawning and built a hunting cabin up north.

Because it doesnt look like the devs even care about this.

Here is a desert in the North, near GlassHollow.

OMFG. That's more mobs on the screen than I saw in several days worth of hunting trips combined, and there's more spiders than I saw in the entire 6 months together while playing near Linton. I just wrote a tiny script to parse witnessed deaths from my event log from my entire lifespan and there's a total of 4 huge spider kills.

In case anyone cares, here's my 6 months of R.I.P.'s witnessed in the south, i.e. everything I killed myself plus everything I saw die in the event log range,

1 Freedom Isles tower guard

1 Spirit templar

1 anaconda

1 calf

1 champion troll

1 chicken

1 hell scorpious

2 champion scorpion

2 deer

2 goblin

2 hell horse

2 seal

4 huge spider

4 mountain lion

4 troll

4 wild cat

5 crocodile

5 pheasant

8 hell hound

8 wild boar

12 brown cow

12 horse

16 brown bear

17 rooster

18 black wolf

18 sheep

30 dog

31 scorpion

33 hen

41 bull

109 bison

Basically, there were a some large bison herds (5-10 bisons on screen at once!) every now and then, but even though there were 2 scorpion stones nearby the scorpions were kinda scarce. There was almost never anything within 100 tile radius from my place, and most of the time the hostiles were alone, no other hostiles anywhere in sight.

I'm at i8 and near Chiqa - I'm on an island and rarely see an animal - must go up to Glasshollow I think just to remind myself what a mob looks like - I'm sure my 1.8fs can handle whatever Glasshollow can throw at me ;p

ive seen more mobs going from kyara to the landing on chaos than ive seen going from the nw corner of the map to the relative center on xanadu

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

They everywhere... :)

Pics below made around two smaller lakes in NW.

zuUuBhP.jpg

fVAv3bb.jpg

Also a resident in SE Xan, O21 / 22 area. In 6 months of playing, our deed has had 3 or 4 aggro mobs & 2 of them I kited in for fs. That was atleast 2 months ago.....

There are a few tundra and dessert areas within 20 minutes and some spots have bulls and bison, but there's nothing for fs gains at any type of steady or decent gain.

However......today, I did come across 2 lava spiders, 2 hell hounds and old spider within 30 tiles of each other and starting only a few tiles from the deed.

I'm hoping it is a redistribution of uglies and not a lucky and singular spawn :)

• Like 5

in the areas where i been inland there is more mobs and animals than i never seen in any server, like 12 hens with 5 rooster 4 bulls 3 bears 3 hell hounds  and 5 spiders in a 6x6 place

so maybe the problem with lag in xanadu its caused by raising the mob caps to insane amounts and for some reason just not getting them distributed very well

If the distribution was fixed they would get killed off.

As an active hunter traveling inland for 3+ hours to find decent hunting is silly( yes I have done this).

Sailing to another server is faster.

i live in the northeast of xan.  not safe to travel far from locked doors and such unless you have good fighting currently.  too many trolls and hell hounds.  i make short trips out and kill as many things as i can before i can get ganged up on.  lots of cotton needed.  longer trips are chancey because you may have to run like hell with hardly any health left and run the chance of getting caught on some slope and dying before you get freed.

i made a hedge enclosure off deed to give me time to heal before venturing out again into no man's land.  so north, can be rough.  be careful.  i have 70 FS.  had 35 when i came over from Exo.

Edited by junkkmann

tried to go to the clay and peat deposit 6 times yesterday.  killed 22 mobs and ended up being chased back to my deed over and over again.  1 of time times it was by 2 trolls, 2 spiders, 2 hell hounds and a random croc.  so its still rough out there in the north.

I do not now whether the mob distribution on Xanadu is intended or not - but overall I'd say it's not a bad thing. Players should just get information about it when they pick a starting town.

That way people that want to develop their skills in a more safe environment can choose a southern starting town.

I do not now whether the mob distribution on Xanadu is intended or not - but overall I'd say it's not a bad thing. Players should just get information about it when they pick a starting town.

That way people that want to develop their skills in a more safe environment can choose a southern starting town.

In someway this is not actually a bad idea, but it would ruin the survival aspect a bit of the game. 

I only seen 1 mob since 3 days at my deed down south-center.

Seems like a neat idea to have a section more newbie friendly and another area more wilderness.

Edited by Elen
  • Like 1

Living in the south (P22), and rarely see any mobs...really hurting my leatherworking :/

If this were the intended situation stated by Dev's that would be maintained permanently, then settling in the south would be a viable option. The problem with this is that the Dev's have stated that this is not intended and they are working to correct this situation over time. This means that if some choose to settle in the south, that in the future they may be upset when those areas are also swarming with aggros as are the northern areas.

Those who do enjoy less aggros around should just enjoy it while it lasts, I would say.

=Ayes=