Sign in to follow this  
Enuf

Warehouses

How do you guys organize your storehouse/warehouses?

Would love to see some pictures!

• Like 1

Used to be 3x4 with hollow center to load upstairs from the middle... with the new "brilliant" Haul command, it's either ladders all over or haul-pushpushpushpush so.. just made a bigger workshop and keeping stuff lined up at ground level.

That change really killed a lot of warehouse designs and will keep the whole concept quite dead until you can ride a cart upstairs to unload stuff, or we get some form of hand cart that can handle crates.

• Like 1

I've never gotten around building a large warehouse, but I keep a couple of BSB around and designate a QL range for each. 0 to 19, 20 to 29, 30 to 39, ... 80 to 89, 90 and up. Although I'd probably keep 90+ resources seperate in increments of 2.

High volume things like dirt and rock shards are being kept mostly seperate, because they fill up the bins so fast.

This is my current mess of things in terms of storage: http://i.imgur.com/QrO2Q19.png :)

Used to be 3x4 with hollow center to load upstairs from the middle... with the new "brilliant" Haul command, it's either ladders all over or haul-pushpushpushpush so.. just made a bigger workshop and keeping stuff lined up at ground level.

That change really killed a lot of warehouse designs and will keep the whole concept quite dead until you can ride a cart upstairs to unload stuff, or we get some form of hand cart that can handle crates.

You sure hit the nail on the head.  The hollow center design was perfect Wurm logic and now it's gone.

Just piles of random junk.

Really need to organize.

Although, you should see the mess that is the kingdom raid loot. Takes weeks just for people to sort through it after raids.

Edited by Klaa

Nomad, that is a fantastic layout - you can get more BSBs in there if you want, by planting one, then dropping one - on each tile - but clever you with the 2 layers, both accessible from ground level.

I keep it simple. You can fit as many as 9 BSB's on one tile without overlapping them.

WHXB2Hpl.png

Edited by LaRue
  • Like 4

We use a similar solution as Normadikhan's just with more BSBs packed together - and turned by 45 degrees for easier selection being this crowded. Needs a bit of pushing/pulling to position them to be reachable from the groundfloor but works fine.

This is the main workshop and all can be reached without moving so all materials are accessible without any interruption at the forges :)

tIqBmz6.jpg

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 11

I don't have a specific warehouse. I generally use one about 3x3 house for everything and tops I'll put a second story on it that is nothing but openings so I can reach containers above from below for every tile. Yes, one 3x3 house for the whole deed. This lets me stand on the center tile and almost reach everything.

I have one tile with 9 bins labeled them "1" through "9", another tile with with 4 or 5 forages, a tile with a fountain, a tile with a loom and a few cotton bins, a tile with a few chests and weapon racks for tools and such.

I have a couple wagons with crates of logs, bricks, and shards. I only use the wagons as crates are a pain to deal with when stacked up on one tile.

I've even put a Caravel on a second story opening so that I can access that from my center tile. You can put a lot of stuff in that boat.

Edited by joedobo
  • Like 1

That definitely wins.

Is that one bin per tile?

it's a bin and half or so... it's a 3x5 building and there's 36 bins in there.   We're getting crazy with how we can store stuff now with multistorey and different wall/floor types lol

Here's my newly reorganized workshop/warehouse. When you PLANT them, they can be much closer together.

wurm.20150416.0628_zpsr1qsjuqu.jpg

wurm.20150416.0629_zps0e4iooe9.jpg

• Like 9

That one looks great Mitzie. I really like how it looks with the crates behind and bins in front. 

So many GREAT ideas here. 

I might need to do some major remodelling work now.

• Like 2

Here's my newly reorganized workshop/warehouse. When you PLANT them, they can be much closer together.

wurm.20150416.0628_zpsr1qsjuqu.jpg

wurm.20150416.0629_zps0e4iooe9.jpg

wow looks great mate i gotta organize everything better aswell... may even steal a part of your idea haha

+1

Thanks. I really like it. Everything is reachable from the ground floor.  My forges are lined up on wall across from these screenshots.  The right end has a planned wall, with the wall not built..  looks like its support for the shelf above :) Put in floor tiles for the storage area, just plain stone slats for the rest, I really like how it looks..

Edited by Mitzie

We use a similar solution as Normadikhan's just with more BSBs packed together - and turned by 45 degrees for easier selection being this crowded. Needs a bit of pushing/pulling to position them to be reachable from the groundfloor but works fine.

This is the main workshop and all can be reached without moving so all materials are accessible without any interruption at the forges :)

tIqBmz6.jpg

This is an awesome Idea..I just used your layout in my own warehouse, just not on such a large scale..Works like a charm. Thanks for sharing.

I'm happy you liked it and could use the idea. Another detail hidden in the lower left corner of the image is the well next to the forges - unlimited supply for the tempering barrels while imping.

2014-12-21_00002.jpg

I was exploring on my F2P and saw a arrangement like this a few months back on someones deed and switched over to it and i have to say works great.

If you fill all those bins (in view) with dirt you loose about 1300 dirt per month...

If you fill all those bins (in view) with dirt you loose about 1300 dirt per month...

Magical Bulk Bin - 25s: Half the storage capacity of a normal bulk bin, but with no monthly loss.

I'd sign for some of those :P

Yeah, only disadvantage is the nasty monthly loss on bulk/food bins, it was especially "fun" when collecting batches of 60k veggies to sell to soul-depth hungry priests. 60k is not reached that fast, and sometimes a decay-hit occured, which is allot with such high numbers stored.