Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Please allow us to sleep on our boat.

Please allow us to sleep on any boat larger than a Corbita

Any of you who have travelled know that it is often breeze on the ocean. You also know that it takes a while to get to your destination sometimes. 

Even when u get to your destination there isnt always a bed waiting for you...

These boats are huge and they surely would have a cabin to sleep in.  We should have the ability to sleep in any of the large boats that would have a cabin.

Thank you

Edit: maybe it would best to give it to corbita, cog, caravel.. car doesnt really have sleeping quarters.(could sleep under a tarp on deck but still) Also that would give more value to the undervalued boats.

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 4

I personally would much rather have a boat that specializes in allowing us to sleep, than just oh this boat is big, must be able to sleep on it right?! logic. 

How about caravels only? It'd give a bit more use to them, and up them in the market a bit. Currently they're very whimpy compared to other boats, considering the massive amount of materials put into them. They only hold 13 more crates than a corbita, with a few other downsides compared to a corbita and over 3 or 4 times the work on average.

Edited by williamwierd

Please no....I mean really why not just have you gain sleep bonus for logging off anywhere?

+1

Excellent idea. And yes, large ships do have sleeping quarters (Obviously).

+1

I have slept in both a rowboat and a small sailboat before in RL. I see no reason why you couldn't moor and sleep in a Corbita and above.

Any ship size you can load a bed into.

Id even be happy with cots, hammocks, bed rolls (the grandpappy of sleeping bags), or whatever even if the sleep bonus gain was slower.

• Like 2

+1 to sleeping bags since they make more sense. You can technically sleep almost anywhere it just won't be as restful a sleep to do so. I don't see a need for a restrict to based on boat size or even boats.

In boats and/or tents for 50% SB gain would be fair.

There's also the unannounced resets which'll sometimes catch you heading home before heading out to work kind of instance.

+2

Load a bed on a larger ship, open the hold, right click and sleep.  =)  I'd love to see something like that on wagons too.

• Like 2

This is never a bad idea. +1

Edited by Jibberish

I know some people say the fire on a boat thing is unrealistic but large ships still have galleys.

I would love to be able to.outfit the big ships with usable gear... forge, anvil, etc...

Maybe have an improvement to the ship that uses iron slabs to fireproof the workshop... it would reduce cargo a little from the weight/partitioning but the big ships have cargo to spare... would make a traveling smithy or other shop viable... make those long 'light breeze' trips a little less of a waste of time.

Maybe just have a crafting barge or something... shallow draft, large capacity, 2 tiles wide... or even 3...

I didn't mean to derail the bed topic but as an expansion of it... 'quarters' in a ship, workshop, galley so you could cook, they certainly would be built into a rowboat and would take smithing in addition to carpentry maybe since to accomplish some of these might require some iron reinforcement, maybe fine carpentry to build the bed into the ship rather than simply loading a standard one... sort of how building a stone mine door takes masonry but to install it takes mining.

Edited by Kyleshandra