Sign in to follow this  
CyrusX

Haven & Hearth 2

count me in il prob go try it again played h&h way way way back and tried to play salem(never got really into it at the state it was in back then)

• Like 1

I'll join if I remember about it, I was a big fan of H&H, I played mostly World 5 in a small village with some friends. We basically just spent all our time raiding and pvping, it was tons of fun.

Here's my old album of all the PvP kills I got while playing: Photobucket

Our Hearth Vault 5 layers underground:

OurHV.png

I hope new H&H is not too different. Learning game from scratch sounds like a pain.

Edited by MightySheep
  • Like 1

Nice, hopefully we will have a vault like that or even bigger. I plan to pvp a lot as well, if everyone that has joined up so far does decide to play at release I think the Russian zerg will have some competition.. 

Look forward to playing with you guys, should be fun.

Edited by CyrusX

yeah Hearth Vaults aren't meant to be big, it's just a place to store valuables and Hearth Fires. We had an above ground village too, don't have a screenshot of it myself but I dug up this thread. It was the thread where people were crying about us raiding them, it's funny stuff :P

Village screenshot from thread. This was early stages though, we looted so many Large Chests that the place was almost entirely full of them in the end lol.

Edited by MightySheep

Reminder - release is TOMMOROW. (unless it gets postponed again)

• Like 2

It will probably be online late evening GMT and the server is expected to be very derpy for first day or 2 so can't expect too much from first day.

Also they got rid of hearth secret spawning so everybody spawns in random places on map and will take a long time to find friends. Just like in Wurm it takes hours to travel across map.

Its not a new game just a updated version of 1 right?

Its not a new game just a updated version of 1 right?

Sadly probably yes.

Wouldn't let me play, even though i added the urls to java security settings. Then I gave up.

On right, I can confirm one thing - there will be NO Hearth Secrets, so... Everyone will be dropped in random location, without ability to start in one place together.

So they decided to make the game P2P, in a pretty stupid system (you are limited by hours logged in) and never told anybody about it until today.

Managed to log in for a few minutes between server crashes/restarts.

There seems to be some kind of teraforming system now (raise/lower/flatten).

LP seems to still come from researching objects (at least there's that research inventory in character screen).

Added: Clicking your character protrait crashes the game :P

Edited by bdew

can someone mail me the comms info that you guys are using

can someone mail me the comms info that you guys are using

It is impossible to play the game together right now.

I must agree - the payment system is really, really bad... And pricing is like from AAA MMO game.

It is impossible to play the game together right now.

I must agree - the payment system is really, really bad... And pricing is like from AAA MMO game.

that much of a mess?

the server issues from the start have dissipated a lot but it really is stupid how they've implemented a system which makes it impossible to find each other, so even if we wanted to, we couldnt play together

I remember playing the first version of Haven long before I found wurm.

but now haven 2 has no hearth secrets and a weird payment system.

I could live with paying a sub (if the game was actually stable, and not crashed for 18 hours out of 24...)

What i really really hate is the curio research system. It's one of the big reasons why i quit the original H&H when it was introduced. 

My character is now parked in the middle of nowhere with me logging in for 30 seconds to swap out curios to research every few hours. I got all the easy discovery LPs and there's nothing i can do actively acquire more of them. Gathering resources or building stuff would be meaningless because i can't afford the skill needed to secure it and it will be griefed to hell and back many times over before i do.

So it's log in, put curios to research, log off. Bleh.

no map dump?

There's some manually stitched maps here - http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40295

The first client with map dumping is out now for a few hours - http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=40400

(Before any forum mod jumps on me, custom clients and map dumps are officially allowed by the devs)

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

I destroyed someone's house earlier, people just come up to my boxes and steal, this is pretty extreme. I also think the payment system is terrible if loftar and jorb fix that this game might have a chance.

If anyone wants to add me it's Niki also on the forums.

Edited by Niki

I destroyed someone's house earlier, people just come up to my boxes and steal, this is pretty extreme. I also think the payment system is terrible if loftar and jorb fix that this game might have a chance.

If anyone wants to add me it's Niki also on the forums.

• Like 1

Meh that 2 is even worse sucks.

I liked the first one. Might have become more involved if I hadn't already known about Wurm back then.

Edited by Klaa