Sign in to follow this  
Sullius

Destorying walls

Hello, I am wondering why it takes so long to bash walls, when you get no skill gains from it. I founded a new deed that was abandoned but still had walls on it I have been bashing a low stone wall for close to 4 hours now and have only done 50 damage to it. I can understand it being that way to keep others from bashing walls but there should be a setting for they deed owner to be able to remove unwanted walls on his or her own deed. Spending hours to remove one wall is kinda crazy.

• Like 1

Wait... what are you using to bash it?  *recommends troll club*

Also, on-deed you get a bashing bonus *if you're the deed owner*, even the baddest fences go down in about 10 swings on a bad day.

If it's hedges, you want to use a scythe or huge axe... and if all that fails, catapult is the way to go.

Make a catapult, combine 4 shards into 80kg, winch 10 laps, winch once more, make sure the catapult is facing the wall on the 11th tile away from it. Fire.

I had round pole fences at 10Ql take a long time to take down, low 10 QL Iron bar fence take 3 hours to bust with a troll club, that all i use is troll clubs. I can remove an entire building at the push of a button but takes me two days to clear a 10 3 section of fences on my own deed.

Edited by Sirdirty

I am using a troll club but this account is not deed owner deed owner is Vynora priest so cant bash the wall

I am using a troll club but this account is not deed owner deed owner is Vynora priest so cant bash the wall

Transfer the deed?

cant as they both are deed owners so cant transfer other account not prem so cant transfer to him

many times i tought they should enable deed switch , even with the 24 h timer, but make it work without a third account...

- 1 deed owner can destroy already to fast make own deed and bash

Edited by RockyBalboa

You don't need to be the deed owner. You just need to be a citizen of the deed to receive the bash bonus.

if a mayor can open a writ and check a box and make a whole building poof why not a wall or fence? Or at least have a demolition skill that will make it easier at higher lvls to bash wall. but non the less I have been hitting on this one wall sense 9:30 this morning and it was at 30 damage when I started and I just got it to 90 damage using a troll club that had no damage when I started that is just nuts

You can easily take down any wall if you know what your doing.

Heres a small legend that should help you get the hang of things:

Wooden walls: Carving knife

Siege Shield: Large maul

Stone Wall: Catapult

Wooden floor: Carving knife

Stone Floor: Maul/Large Maul

if a mayor can open a writ and check a box and make a whole building poof why not a wall or fence? Or at least have a demolition skill that will make it easier at higher lvls to bash wall. but non the less I have been hitting on this one wall sense 9:30 this morning and it was at 30 damage when I started and I just got it to 90 damage using a troll club that had no damage when I started that is just nuts

Because you would have to have a writ for each wall?

Looks like catapults for you.

- 1 deed owner can destroy already to fast make own deed and bash

Read again... he owns two deeds on his two premium characters.

Even just taking down an old fence on deed with a large maul is seeming to take forever. Not the few whacks you'd think it would take. What about mine doors? I have one installed by someone else before I deeded (mining in my perimeter). But now I have no access to the door and destroying it with a large maul is going to be a tedious process considering it's only doing about 6 points of damage per blow.

Well I wouldn't say theres no skillgain from it. One does get a little body strength.

Overall its to avoid excessive griefing, especially with throw-away chars.

Higher Body strength, certain tools, and higher ql helps speed up the process. Not to mention the deedholder and citizen bonus from doing it on your deed.

EDIT: And then theres getting into the various pvp and siege options...

Edited by Klaa

You don't need to be the deed owner. You just need to be a citizen of the deed to receive the bash bonus.

Afaik that is wrong. Bash bonus comes from deed holder and elders only.

Afaik that is wrong. Bash bonus comes from deed holder and elders only.

you are not quite correct.

Anyone with the destroy permission who is ALSO a member of the deed (not an ally or non-citizen) gets the bonus to bashing on the deed.

to the OP:  a catapult works much faster if you are not able to become a citizen of the deed and grant the destroy permission to yourself.

using 40QL shards at 80kg each you should be able to max out damage to the wall with ease (unless it is like  70QL or something) and do 20dmg per hit.

Usually i can take out walls at about 5-10 minutes each using a catapult if they are not in a location i can grant myself the bash bonus for. 

Like the dudes said, make sure your using a member of that deed. cata is a lot faster if u dont have that.

Large maul is best. I think carving knife doesnt get a bonus against wood anymore (maybe just epic?).

Edited by Omar

Even with the mayor bashing bonus on deed tiles, if the stone wall fencing is a higher quality, a catapult will do up to 4 times the damage. The best way to learn about catapult damage and fine tune it is to have and alt on the tile next to the wall so you can see the damage done per hit. This way you can combine shards most effectively for the most damage, max damage per hit will be 20.00.

Shard quality much above the shatter level after the hit is a waste. Examine the shard or combined ones after a hit to see the damage on them. Too low shard quality will not do much damage either even combined and I have found that the mid 30 quality range can do maximum damage (20.00) to any wall if 3-4 are combined. Combining shards is the key to more damage per hit but if your catapult skill is low that can waste a lot of them because of the misses.

Best item to bash hedges is a huge axe, as well as for all wood fencing and items. On deed any hedge will break in 2 hits or less with a 50 QL or above huge axe. Best item for bashing stone fencing and house walls on deed is a large maul. These are best for use off deed as well.

All this is per PvE servers and catapults there will do no damage to house walls, on deed or off.

=Ayes=

Huge axe for wood items... cool :)

I tried every to I had handy on a large wooden table and it really wasn't doing it... will whip up a large axe and see what happens :)

Huge axe for wood items... cool :)

I tried every to I had handy on a large wooden table and it really wasn't doing it... will whip up a large axe and see what happens :)

Load up the wood table and then unload on your deed for mayor bonus bashing on it. Also helps to push unwanted wood items on deed for the same bashing bonus using huge axe.

=Ayes=