Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Public Opinion of PVPers on the war machine addition

The poll of stuffz!  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the addition of challenges warmachines/defenses to all pvp servers?

• Yes. I play primarily on Chaos.
    • Yes. I play primarily on Epic.
    • No. I play primarily on Chaos.
    • No. I play primarily on Epic.
    • I'm Undecided. I play primarily on Chaos.
    • I'm Undecided. I play primarily on Epic.
    • I don't play on Chaos nor Epic.

Just curious.

Edited by Zekezor

After testing the magical turrets and archery tower, if you have a shield they will never hit you no matter what direction you are facing, the cast times for them is also very random and dont attack tamed creatures. I honestly dont know why people got so mad about them being added.

Edited by Baultr

Do you need a poll for this? It's almost uninamously not wanted...

The questions is also too encompassing and there aren't enough options.

'All servers' what if you just want it on elevation? Just chaos? Not on PvE?

Edited by Keemu

Do you need a poll for this? It's almost uninamously not wanted...

The questions is also too encompassing and there aren't enough options.

'All servers' what if you just want it on elevation? Just chaos? Not on PvE?

The poll is fine.

Rolf implemented it on all pvp servers and im asking if you support it or not.

If you just want it on just elevation then thats a no.

If you just want it on just chaos then thats also a no.

Edited by Zekezor

After testing the magical turrets and archery tower, if you have a shield they will never hit you no matter what direction you are facing, the cast times for them is also very random and dont attack tamed creatures. I honestly dont know why people got so mad about them being added.

Omg thank god... They were SOOOOO Annoying... Hitting you with your shield on... 30 seconds later, 20% health?!!? Thats nice, that they don't kill you like this anymore. Tho did it damage your shield? Or any armour on?

/me looks at the sharp stick in Zekezor's hand with suspicion.  :huh:

/me looks at the sharp stick in Zekezor's hand with suspicion.  :huh:

nleek2.png

Omg thank god... They were SOOOOO Annoying... Hitting you with your shield on... 30 seconds later, 20% health?!!? Thats nice, that they don't kill you like this anymore. Tho did it damage your shield? Or any armour on?

Nothing takes damage 100% block chance with a shield on and in about half an hour i gained 2 shield skill ticks

Dawwww that's cuuute.

They are posting as if their opinions matter. ;)

giphy.gif

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Kidding aside, Im all for having them ingame... after some tweaking has been made. Atm, its kinda, "Eh".

EDIT: Also siege towers... and ladders.

Edited by Klaa

Seems a shame that you can't wait a week and try these things out, see if they work right now, and if not how well they fix the problems.  Then place a vote on this poll.  You guys just hate any changes, but at the same time keep insist he do something about pvp.  Just no pleasing you guys it seems.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Seems a shame that you can't wait a week and try these things out, see if they work right now, and if not how well they fix the problems.  Then place a vote on this poll.  You guys just hate any changes, but at the same time keep insist he do something about pvp.  Just no pleasing you guys it seems.

You'd be surprised how much of this backlash could have been avoided with proper communication.

Just imagine:

"Hey guys, we're going to be experimenting by adding siege weaponry to the active game over the next couple of weeks. Please give it a try, and let us know what you think. Your feedback will help us to better understand what needs to be changed in the future."

or

"Challenge went off without a hitch, and we've deemed the newly tested siege weaponry to be ready for the active game. While there are certainly still bugs to be ironed out, we're confident that with your input, we can tackle any problems that may arise over the next few weeks."

or

"We're adding Siege Weaponry in a week. *Drops the mic* Peace out."

All the fear and loathing in Wurm Vegas would have then burned itself out in the week of anticipation, and the resulting hype would actually encourage dissidents to try the damn mechanics out, before they judge them based on predisposition towards past mistakes made by CodeClub AB.

P6q6tQa.gif

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 2

If you were on a PVP server where your death could result in losing 500e or more of gear, you equally wouldn't want known bugs to be added to the game and told "here test that"

• Like 2

Pretty much what fooli said.

I've had enough of the devs adding broken mechanics to live servers where people pay money for items they wear, which can easily be lost due to a new thing being introduced to the game which is a) not working as intended because none of the Dev team play the game nor test them B) over powered as hell because they don't play the game or havnt tested them.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that us paying customers have to withstand Rolf and co's "testing" on live servers were dying due to these bugged and broken mechanics can leave us out of pocket.

Challenge was the perfect testing ground for these things, and I have no idea why they still aren't being tested there. The only difference I would like is that Rolf and his team drop a load of things AND PLAY THE GAME so that they can use these new feature and chat to people ingame (whilst under a different name) to get the real, honest and raw data they need as feedback.

Sure, we don't have to wear our swanky armour, and sure we don't have to PvP, but isn't that just a ridiculous ultimatum?

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1