Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

War machines enabled

The Trebuchet, Ballista, Siege Shield, Spike Barrier, Magical Turrets and Archery Towers that were tested on Challenge are now live on all servers! Expect further tweaking as more feedback trickles in.

Fixed Epic mission names.

“Rumours of” typo fix.

Meditation path change delay of 24 hours added

• Like 3

magical turret, some info please?

nothing on the wiki, no crafting recipe ingame ...

i hope to god that you'll remove towers, we already have guard towers, its enough.

• Like 15

Capi might you be able to provide some clarity as to why NONE of the player base was consulted prior to  enabling this? Its already been deemed unnecessary and indeed....unwanted, see below:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/120973-warmachines-enabled-on-all-servers/

Um, since when does Rolf have to consult with the players before making a decision about his game?  You are free to complain all you want about decisions, but Rolf does not have to make them based on us.  Sometimes I really don't understand the level of player griping in Wurm.  He adds something and there's complaints.  He takes something away and there's complaints.  Maybe if he listened to the players less there would be less expectation and less complaining.  

Where does this entitlement attitude come from, I wonder?

• Like 8

Perhaps people get upset when a fundamental aspect of the game they enjoy gets radically altered without previous insight or foreknowledge, especially with something that has proven to be buggy. These things tend to irk people. It's not really entitlement its a basic reaction, if you woke up tomorrow and the decided your favorite sport was going to be played underwater from now on you may be mildly peeved too.

Edit: Just to add interesting to add that such a change would have happened straight on Monday morning but nothing mentioned about such a great new feature in the "news" we all like to harp on so much about.

Edited by FreeTineen
  • Like 2

Ok to people who might think that this will be real fun and stuff, Archery towers are really OP, got hit by 1 on challenge while wearing scale set, and I have to say this, they really drop the health very fast, Ballista is a war machine but doesnt have a specific skill for itself like the catapult? Anyways, pvp will die further caus of this, why? Easier ways to drop enemies while standing inside your deed. An easy way to defend in a game where raiding is already so difficult.

Perhaps people get upset when a fundamental aspect of the game they enjoy gets radically altered without previous insight or foreknowledge, especially with something that has proven to be buggy. These things tend to irk people. It's not really entitlement its a basic reaction, if you woke up tomorrow and the decided your favorite sport was going to be played underwater from now on you may be mildly peeved too.

I get your point.  But actually, I would just stop watching it.  

I get your point.  But actually, I would just stop watching it.  

Likewise, people will simply stop playing. I like Wurm and I think overall its a good game, i'd rather people kept playing it.

• Like 7

Likewise, people will simply stop playing. I like Wurm and I think overall its a good game, i'd rather people kept playing it.

You'd think that but, no, the people who complain the most don't quit. They just make staying for everyone else that bit less bearable.

• Like 2

Revert, Even on challenge where the deeds weren't so impressive, these things made it really difficult to raid. Now here on chaos where the deeds are so well protected, raiding is next to impossible. And am sure in time it will be impossible on epic as well after the reset.

• Like 1

Does new towers work in PvE as defence against mobs or act just as decoration?

With testing prior to "tweaking" downtime - no, not against mobs. At least not on Chaos.

Um, since when does Rolf have to consult with the players before making a decision about his game?  You are free to complain all you want about decisions, but Rolf does not have to make them based on us.  Sometimes I really don't understand the level of player griping in Wurm.  He adds something and there's complaints.  He takes something away and there's complaints.  Maybe if he listened to the players less there would be less expectation and less complaining.  

Where does this entitlement attitude come from, I wonder?

In business, the customer is always right. Now this isn't exactly true, but it's the mentality that a good business should have... because without customers, there would be no business. It's just that simple. Larger games have numbers on their side. They can afford to throw mud at the wall, because they have enough of a cushion against losing a few hundred players to a bad decision. Wurm doesn't have that cushion. If you put pieces together (new office move + Johan being let go due to money issues)  - there's a possible cash flow shortage at Code Club. Thus, losing players, even just the so-called PvP minority, wouldn't be a good thing.

• Like 1

Now thats a good question!

Oh well, if all works as planned they will be saved by the bell, I mean bridges.
More cash flows in and players return.

A lot of these were already horrible. I thought they were to be tested on challenge and then suggested to put them on live servers before the go ahead. I expected them to go live as its what always happens but I had a glimmer of hope it may not.

Woops :D

• Like 1

You'd think that but, no, the people who complain the most don't quit. They just make staying for everyone else that bit less bearable.

You've never threatened to quit when Rolf's acted a ###### and yet you actively make the stay a little less bearable for everyone else. How about that.

The complaints are coming from a valid standpoint, let people say their piece and mind your own business instead of telling everyone else to shut up just because YOU don't agree with the complaints.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 2

It would be kind of cool if these war machines could be manned as a defense to mobs on PVE.  Pop up a couple of arrow towers at the gates and let the trolls come on down! I don't think I'd want them to be automatic though.  The pile of bodies would be a bit much where I live  :P

• Like 2

Why add something you know is broken to 1) the oldest server Wurm has, 2) to epic experiencing a major change and hopeful population influx to be killed by op mechanics?

I don't understand.

• Like 1

If they work the same as they did on challenge, The answer is No. Spike barriers & Archery towers won't attack any aggressive creatures. Not sure about hunted players tho. 

Sign in to follow this