Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

PR Team is recruiting! [Applications Closing 15th April]

UPDATE: APPLICATIONS CLOSE 15th APRIL

Hey Everyone!

The PR Team is recruiting!

I am looking to recruit a few more Public Relations Assistants to help me in my work as PR Officer. This is an excellent opportunity to gain some basic experience in PR and volunteer some of your time, as many others are doing, to help make sure Wurm is the best it can be.

PR Assistants are expected to help the PR Officer to:

·         Gather news from developers and the wider team and draft weekly news updates,

·         Monitor and operate social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter,

·         Draft press releases and identify press contacts,

·         Develop, improve and protect Wurm’s reputation and brand,

·         Distribute concrete and reliable information in the event of a crisis.

Obviously these are not easy tasks so there are some basic requirements for the role.

The ideal PRA is:

·         A confident communicator with a good standard of written English,

·         Mature enough to be trusted with protecting Wurm’s reputation,

·         Knowledgeable about Wurm, including aspects of gameplay and a general understanding of our team structure,

·         Flexible and active, with the ability to act quickly at short notice to deal with unexpected problems and announcements,

·         Able to use the forums, IRC, email, in-game chat, social media, etc.,

·         Able to use discretion, confidentiality, and impartiality,

·         Over the age of 18.

If you are interested in applying to be a PRA, please send an application explaining how you fit the role by email to ross@wurmonline.com.

Existing members of the team have no special advantage so do not be put off from applying if you are not already a volunteer.

Successful candidates will be subject to in-depth security checks (past game/forum/chat warns, mutes, bans, etc.) by the moderation team so bear this in mind.

Please note this role is entirely voluntary and successful candidates must return a volunteer agreement.

Hopefully I haven’t put anyone off, and I look forward to seeing your applications!

Good luck,

Wossoo.

• Like 8

I might have been interested if it was a paid position, good luck to the other applicants.

• Like 2

I smell cheese. Doctercheese.

*Docterchese

:ph34r:

Edited by Docterchese

"Knowledgeable about Wurm, including aspects of gameplay and a general understanding of our team structure"

Well, I guess none of us qualify then. How can you be knowledgable about a game that lacks proper documentation?

• Like 6

"Knowledgeable about Wurm, including aspects of gameplay and a general understanding of our team structure"

Well, I guess none of us qualify then. How can you be knowledgable about a game that lacks proper documentation?

The player-maintained resource for information (Wurmpedia) is never as good as actually testing stuff out for yourself.  You don't need to access a resource like that to find out certain game mechanics, or at least make educated assumptions on most of them.

I'm to honest that leaves me out! :D  Good Luck!

Can't wait to see the new person strut their stuff. :)

Edited by Uberknot

The ideal candidate doesn't need to be an expert, but they should know pretty much what features Wurm has overall and what you can do in the game...

What i learned in staff team, it actually gives good real life skills that may be needed in daily life routine or even give advantage for worklife.

PRA is rare and great position especially as a first step in staff team!

It seems to require a lot, but it gives back just as much.

Good luck candidates and most of all enjoy it too :)

Seems like no one is interested?

I'll give it a go.  I've been trying for the past year or so to land a position in the staff that will allow me me to give back to this game that I've loved for so long!

I am prepared to be denied, however. lol

I would  if I did not have an allergy to Facebook. I divorced it years ago.

• Like 3

Good luck to all who apply, and may Fo, Vynora, and Magranon have mercy on yer eternal souls. :wub:

• Like 2

I'd throw my hat in the ring BUT i HATE the bad players in this game....

"Able to use discretion, confidentiality, and...... !!! impartiality, !!!! < i think that last part counts me out LOL.

I vote for Lord "Oreo" he would do a great job. ;)

• Like 1

Just to update this thread a bit and we have had some applications so far but I would urge anyone interested to apply.

You don't necessarily need experience doing this type of thing but the ability to write well and be generally likeable is a great start :)

• Like 1

Successful candidates will be subject to in-depth security checks (past game/forum/chat warns, mutes, bans, etc.) by the moderation team so bear this in mind

and

Knowledgeable about Wurm, including aspects of gameplay and a general understanding of our team structure

goodluck

i would love to do this, but i am sitting in China for the next 3 months, so access to social media is a little...how do you say...restricted  <_<

Just to update this thread a bit and we have had some applications so far but I would urge anyone interested to apply.

You don't necessarily need experience doing this type of thing but the ability to write well and be generally likeable is a great start :)

Everybody loves shads, except the team :3

First mistake: Allowing players to respond within this thread rather than making it read only with your application link provided.

=Ayes=

Second mistake: Pretending the PR in wurm means anything.

Seeing as every weekly news post averages just under 5000 views/week, and seeing as that's the main source of news for players... I think PR in Wurm means something to a lot of people :P

• Like 3

We all know that's just Rocky refreshing the page 4'999 times to see if there's any new information on Bridges :P

• Like 2