Sign in to follow this  
ftoz

new algo for traped uniques

Hi, trap uniques is still easy. Is not more hunts, its execution. Red dragon hold in cave 2 days, so its sad stats for best of uniques. Algo still not work properly. He should hold traped aprox 1 hour, bashing also not work properly. Uniques  need more area damage skills. So if imagine dragon fight with 50 ppl, if dragon swing, half ppl will throw away.

Nope... Sorry. Not until they stop spawning on top of deeds and proceeding to destroy the deeds altogether...

As long as it takes a couple hours to gather enough people to slay a dragon because the community is scarce and scattered, this is but a utopia that is completely disconnected from the reality of the game.

IF you could kill a dragon with 5-10 people, then MAYBE it shouldn't be trapped as easily as it is now. But as it is, i really don't want a dragon doing return trips to my deeds to bash them... Its hard enough for a single guy to lure a dragon inside a cave as it is.

• Like 1

But then you wouldn't have walked away from today's event with blood and scale in your pocket....  :P 

Nope... Sorry. Not until they stop spawning on top of deeds and proceeding to destroy the deeds altogether...

As long as it takes a couple hours to gather enough people to slay a dragon because the community is scarce and scattered, this is but a utopia that is completely disconnected from the reality of the game.

IF you could kill a dragon with 5-10 people, then MAYBE it shouldn't be trapped as easily as it is now. But as it is, i really don't want a dragon doing return trips to my deeds to bash them... Its hard enough for a single guy to lure a dragon inside a cave as it is.

OP showed up to the Red slaying today in a set of leather. I don't think he fully understands that he would be dead in about 10 seconds in an interaction with a dragon if they acted the way he wants them to.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 3

+1 Dragons are too easy to trap and kill. They should be able to escape any fence (it's a DRAGON for cryin out loud). They should be made to fly at least short distances. Their aoe should be deathly against any armor. Imagine being in plate armor when hit by the flame. You would be wearing your own personal oven. However, their wounds should take very, very long to heal if at all. As for burning down a deed, that's what they do. It's a DRAGON. 

Or they could just faint away dead at the sight of a couple score 70+fs players. Save some time.

Edited by Sarcaticous

The whole noobie dieing to a dragon and should be thankful they penned it, is a bad way to try and say no to this.

I was killed by the red dragon when Deli was about 4-6 months old. I was out with all my stuff in a cart heading to a new deed my mayor made. I got lost and ended up running into a red tree(the dragons leg). I was one shot. Did I cry that I lost my stuff? No I laughed at the situation. Why? It was funny. I just happened to find, well had the dragon find me, in the middle of nowhere. Yes I lost my stuff, but it wasn't more than I couldnt remake. If I wanted to go back for my stuff, which I could of, I would of been able to get it back easily. They move quite often and rubber band back once they have moved far enough. 

At the time the dragon was something you didn't want to mess with alone, as it is now. As a noob it was a cool thing to see. Not to mention it created a fun story to tell, which is what wurm is all about! Making your own story.

Penning these up doesn't create a cool story. It just makes things constant and boring.

+1 fix the penning issue. Rolf has stated many times, penning is not intended.

PS: the thing about the deed being destroyed, I agree with it. I had the white dragon run through my deed while I am away on chaos, and it destroyed quite a bit. I think the algorithm should be altered to allow them to know when they are "penned" and when they aren't. This would save deeds from being destroyed, while still letting them have their freedom.

Edited by Nicrolis
  • Like 1

I was on slying red on xanadu. First time he escape in forest and it was more interesting event than second try, when 60 ppl comes to fenced area and wait for red cave out. Fight was easy and fast, but seems that red dont do kick as kyklop or FG, he should do it very quicky or vote for all ppl in tail  angle when rotate do high chance for stun or kick. Never see also on kyklop that more ppl together kick, will by more fun and realistic if 20 ppl will be kicked together. Seem that area atack is quite rare.

They have always been nothing more than Cash Cows literally.....Never a Dragon.  Maybe one day as promised they will actually fly.

• Like 1

or just have a GM possess each unique on a daily basis. If penned, bash their way out and relocate.  Would make public hunts much harder to organize and that is what I consider a very fun part of the game.  But it they aren't meant to be penned, nor destroy people deeds with overly destructive powers, that would be one way to do it.

• Like 1

or just have a GM possess each unique on a daily basis. If penned, bash their way out and relocate. Would make public hunts much harder to organize and that is what I consider a very fun part of the game. But it they aren't meant to be penned, nor destroy people deeds with overly destructive powers, that would be one way to do it.

+1

or just have a GM possess each unique on a daily basis. If penned, bash their way out and relocate.  Would make public hunts much harder to organize and that is what I consider a very fun part of the game.  But it they aren't meant to be penned, nor destroy people deeds with overly destructive powers, that would be one way to do it.

Its more likely they code a Exemplary AI that will go along to win awards all over the world than this happening, though...

Remember the enclosure rule, and what happened to it, and why?

Its more likely they code a Exemplary AI that will go along to win awards all over the world than this happening, though...

Remember the enclosure rule, and what happened to it, and why?

Well if that's implemented maybe dragons should only give blood and scale to those who hit it... and incinerate every player in local with under 75fs? Dragons are supposed to be smart. I'm sure they'd target weak fighters if they existed irl.

You can't dodge a massive flame thrower. If you are where it hits you are, literally, toast. And how would it know who had the higher fight skill? Take a poll before the fight? Ever see the dragon in Dragon Slayer? THAT is what a dragon should be like. The more it's hurt, the more deadly it becomes. But it's slow to heal which makes it mean for a very long time. Dragon scale is the only real protection.

dragon-du-lac-de-feu-81-03-g_zpspcbpwasf

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 1