Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 13

week12.png?dl=1

Hey Everyone!

The team has been working very hard this week to make sure that bridges are as good as they can be before their release in mid-April so there are no major gameplay announcements. The art developers have been working on some snazzy new weapon models (see below) too!

I can also reveal that we now have a Community Manager in the form of Retrograde who will be the main link between the community and the developers and handle feedback, suggestions and more. We wish him the very best of luck in the role.

And with that said, here's the news in full!

New Community Manager

We are pleased to announce that Retrograde will be stepping into the new role of Community Manager and will be working with you all on the forums and in-game.

In his new role he will act as a link between you and the development team to discuss suggestions and changes, collect feedback, and provide feedback from the developers when possible. You'll also see him in-game from time to time and in IRC so don't hesitate to drop by and say hi!

Map Dumps

By popular demand, I asked the developers about the possibility of a fresh set of map dumps for all servers. Each map dump takes some time to produce so we are aiming to release approximately two per week until all servers have been covered.

So far I have been provided with fresh map dumps for Xanadu and Chaos. I expect to release the map dump for Xanadu as soon as we find a reliable place to host it. The maps are very large files and so this is a lot easier said than done!

Releasing the map dump of Chaos is still under discussion because it is a PvP server and some people there may want to remain hidden in the fog of war. However, I am also aware of recent forum polls which show overwhelming support for a map dump. Either way, I'd appreciate feedback on this from Chaos!

Here is a preview of the Xanadu map dump. The full quality dump is more than ten times higher resolution than the preview.

Xanadu%20Small.png?dl=1

Bridge Progress

Continuing our recent pattern, the developers have spent most of this week working on straightening out a few stubborn bridge-related bugs here and there. Just to give you a flavour, one of the bugs this week involved players teleporting to ground floors when they entered buildings from a bridge while on a cart or horseback, and some other minor bugs related to mounting and dismounting on bridges.

We are still confident that these kinks will be worked out very soon and bridges are on track to be released in the spring update in mid-April.

New Weapon Models

The Art developers have been working hard on new models for various weapons. Progress is coming along extremely well on the new small maul (pictured below). They're also working on updated models for the medium maul, and axes.

new_small_maul_by_wox.png?dl=1

render_small_maul2.png?dl=1

Treasure Hunt

On Saturday 28th March, the Game Masters' monthly treasure hunt will begin at approximately 03:00 (am) GMT at Esert, the starter deed on the Exodus server. 

There are a number of valuable prizes to be won by being one of the first to solve the treasure hunt and we're sure it's going to be a lot of fun!

Further information and clues, once released, can be found in this thread

That's all for this week,

Happy Wurming!

• Like 19

Schweet!

"Releasing the map dump of Chaos is still under discussion because it is a PvP server and some people there may want to remain hidden in the fog of war. However, I am also aware of recent forum polls which show overwhelming support for a map dump. Either way, I'd appreciate feedback on this from Chaos!"

Just do it, an authentic version would be nice, and top down rather than at an angle where things can hide behind tall terrain.

Edited by Miniroll
  • Like 2

Just curious, but why was the newest server one of the first of the new dumps made?

• Like 3

I love the new small maul and that is my main weapon :)

• Like 1

What I'd like to see from the art devs is to be able to tell steel plate a part from glimmer and ada armor by color.

• Like 3

Nice work everyone.

Would love to see art work on armor  on stands , not all looking like studded leather.

Chain , plate and even different colored be nice to see whats what .

Also i know that different QL on items make them ware faster or decay faster with use.

But what about rock QL? mining a poor QL rock wall should get destroyed faster dont you think?

• Like 2

Excellent!

Why Xanadu map dump? Maybe because more people play there?  Just a guess.  Anyway, I'm quite excited to see all the growth there!  Great news!

• Like 2

Grats to Retrograde on the new CM position. :)

Really looking forward to bridges.

A new map dump for Pristine would be hawt! :)

The art models for the new weapons look nice.

And even though I'm not going all the way to Exodus for the Treasure Hunt, I wish those who participate well and hope they have fun with it.

I agree @aethorian, It really is a bit silly that ALL Plate armour is the same colour except for the helmets... Even just a slight tint would suffice for it really... Weapons are identifiable in combat, Armour on the other hand, not so much

yah Baby!!! User of many small Mauls, Love seeing the lil nut cracker get a remake.  Whack-a-mole is alive  and well again!!!!.   Congratz to Retrograde!!!!!! tough job so enjoy the congratz and warm fuzzy feelings as you make your way to the gauntlet...us players can be rough.  Big news on map dumps.  Sweet.  though revealing deeds on pvp seems like no one would want them, I think most were keen on a new map to see how much has changed and of course to demonstrate their claim on the map.

Thanks for the update and to know hard work is being done to bridges bridging the gap ever closer between idea and reality.

What I'd like to see from the art devs is to be able to tell steel plate a part from glimmer and ada armor by color.

3 AM for the Treasure Hunt start ? Is that correct ?

3 AM for the Treasure Hunt start ? Is that correct ?

Gratz to Retro on the new job, hope it is always a piece of cake, but since it probably won't be, hugs in advance lol :)  I'm interested in the map dumps but don't really understand, from a comment in the op about pvp areas and other comments, do these map dumps actually include deeds etc? (I'm still new enough that I haven't seen one done yet so simply don't know). If the answer is yes, then yes please bring them on!

Always a pleasure to read these :) Thanks for the updates Wossoo!

We are pleased to announce that Retrograde will be stepping into the new role of Community Manager and will be working with you all on the forums and in-game.

In his new role he will act as a link between you and the development team to discuss suggestions and changes, collect feedback, and provide feedback from the developers when possible. You'll also see him in-game from time to time and in IRC so don't hesitate to drop by and say hi!

Ah poor Retrograde... it was nice knowing thee.

Releasing the map dump of Chaos is still under discussion because it is a PvP server and some people there may want to remain hidden in the fog of war. However, I am also aware of recent forum polls which show overwhelming support for a map dump. Either way, I'd appreciate feedback on this from Chaos!

While I cannot speak for MR in general... yes please. Also heres our sleep schedules, maps, internal deed layouts, and such.

Please raid at the designated side entrances.

• Like 2

So when are we getting a Challenge update? You cant just shove it away and not mention anything about it.

Hi! Retrograde and grats on the new position

And it's awesome to see that bridges are coming along