Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

I've got the best deals anywhere!

"I've got the best deals anywhere!" Like that goblin in WoW says. ;)

I always hear that line in my head whenever I'm browsing a merchant's ad.

The responses to an earlier thread (which I shan't link here), got me to thinking about all the awesome 'customer service' which I've received from the various merchants here in Wurm.
Which led to the creation of this particular thread. :)

Let's talk about some awesome merchants, shall we?

There are two that rank as TOTALLY AWESOME in my book of merchants.

When I first started playing, way back when puppy dogs were the oldest creatures, the first merchant I dealt with in Wurm was Booskii.

Fortunately, (or unfortunately for some...) her kindness and willingness to 'go the extra mile', would forever colour my perception on how I think a merchant should act and treat their customers.

She was my go to for my very first 3 and 4 speed horses, and my very first 5 speed which she gave me as a GIFT when my favorite (and at the time, only) 4 speed got murdered by a mob back when someone thought it was a good idea to have mobs actively target cart animals.

This was back when a 5 speed would run you an arm and a leg, so it wasn't a cheap gift. Not many people would do that.

I also bought my first 1k of cotton from her, nice 75ql stuff, about a third of which I still have in crates and use regularily to heal myself, as my own farming is only now just pushing 63! :)
I also recommended her and her group to everyone in my Alliance. Back then, they were 'Garden of Shadows' in Pristine. Now in Xanadu, and can be found here:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/93559-x-market-we-love-bulk-31914-video-tour/

I was so sad when they left Pristine, that I took the purple horse statues that used to stand at the gates of Garden of Shadows, and renamed them 'Garden' and 'Shadows' They are now on my deed right in front of my house. :)

2ih5nvt.png

My current go-to kitten for replacing my skiller tools has been SmilingCat Enchants.

Friendly (and damn quick) service with a smile and a purrrrr.

Their current 'free mailing sale' has saved me MANY silver in replacing my lower level skiller tools to something a bit more respectable for a year and a half old toon. Many times that alone has gotten me to give them even more of my business, as it adds up extremely quickly when ordering multiple items.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/101956-enchanted-other-cool-stuff-for-sale-enjoy-the-current-free-mailing-sale/

If you have merchants that you can personally recommend who have given you fantastic service above and beyond the call of duty, list them here! :)

Also, if you have any in-general kind things that others have done for you, or times when others went out of their way to help you, and you wish to share them, please feel free to share it here as well. I always love reading such things.

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 2

Also, before I forget, Nappy did some awesome customer service as well. Not sure if he maintains a merchant storefront or not, but I ordered a nice LT sword from him, and sent my old one back to be imped via the 'free imping' parchment that he was so kind to include in the order. Not only did I get my awesome original LT sword imped back up to 80ql for free, he slapped a Nimbleness imp on it and brought it from 58 to 96!

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/120247-close-final-prices-wts-enchanted-swords-sickles-mauls-and-axes/page-2#entry1234464

This was totally unexpected, and I left a very happy customer. :)

• Like 1

Let me Grab a tissue and dab away the Tears*   Im Flattered my old Friend. Do i ever remember that day you lost your poor horse you were devastated. That way my very first attempt at dyes!!! So So honored :) I have Been in business serving the wurm community for well over a year now after i graduated from my own Pup stage( pushing 2 yrs +).  There are a few key names that Affected me remaining in wurm at all and getting me over the WTH do i do stage, But as we are remembering our top merchants I will do my best to keep it to just that, The top 3!!!

1. Aum -   Aum was amazing to us little nooblits when we first started buying all out odds and ends ,later Tolerating all my Q & A in reference to me getting into leather working my self (Was a reverse merchant as he bought more then he sold to me but it definitely stands out to me in my first few weeks!!)

2. Coastis- Taught me the benefits of my first high ql tools ( 50's then 60..and so on to 90's!!)  As well as all the Woa and CoC i have since become addicted to!  ( He is currently in wurm retirement but i hope to pull he out of it sooner than later)

3.Wargasm- Who i first met on pristine for a short time then who provided me with my base mats to get my xanadu deed going and is now my right hand in crime and my personal anchor.

• Like 1

I don't buy from merchants very often anymore (lack of need), but these are my top three stand outs. 

Windguaerd  1st edition: As a n00b trying to build her first ship, he was my first experience buying from other players (gotta have the cordage!). 1st and 3rd edition Windguaerd. both were always nice, polite, amd friendly to chat with while I meanders around the merchants. 

Coastis: Also the first person to dazzle me with enchanted weapons I could afford. Friendly and super fast service. 

Baloo: The most polite and formal people I've ordered from. Friendly, fast as the winds allow, I couldn't ask for more from a bulk merchant. 

• Like 1