Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

regional weather or climate diversity

Before you say it is too complicated, we already have Red and Blue grapes :)

North vs South on a server.  I'm in North America, so further North would seem more prone to snows and long winters.  South less to no winter weather?

Wind patterns isolated to regions, rather than one wind for an entire server.

Elevations:  Higher is colder.

Crops:  Different crops and trees/shrubs at different elevations.

Animals: Already have some of it going, generally crabs & seals are closer to water.  Could do more.

It just seems odd to me that I find the same stuff, regardless of where I live.

• Like 3

This sounds neat. I'd also suggest a way to turn weather of all kinds, including fog, OFF.

I like the whole regional thing if its done right.  I don't know if they can do weather though.

could you imagine seeing cloudy mountain peaks, or being on the top, looking down at a valley blanked with fog?  Couple of those images posted in marketing campaigns could drag some folks to the game I bet.

• Like 1

I'd be happy if they would just give us snow on the mountain peaks all year long. Snow terrain would be ok too. Regional foliage and fauna would go along with what you propose. 

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 1

+1

I'd love to see some region specific materials and plants. Maybe even add a couple of stone shades underground (sandstone to the south for example) that carry their colour to objects and structures made from them.

heck, I'd like a whole better engine tbh. Oceans with waves and storms and such..

I think snow textures need a serious revamp before such a thing happens, staring at it for a week is bad enough.
some of us like snow IRL, so give it some love .

Fog, fog is funny and very well done i have nothing against it, although seeing it about during a gale is an immersion killer if you allow yourself to dwell on it for more than half a second.

+1 to all the other ideas :)

Edited by Steveleeb