Sign in to follow this  
Farmerbob

Need real support for /stuck cases

I just found out that when you are jammed into the roof of your house, when /lotimer logout doesn't work, when /stuck will not work, the first-line support staff is completely helpless to free the character from being stuck.

This really is pretty inexcusable. If I am stuck in a building. Any building. And it's due to broken mechanics, then ANY support staff should be able to move me to the ground outside the building I am stuck in. Anything else is simply a lack of customer service.

How can you verify the character is stuck in a way that's broken? Look at them. If they are jammed into the roof of a house, they are broken.

Please fix this. It should be relatively easy to determine if a character is standing at a level where there is no viable floor.

Edited by Farmerbob
  • Like 4

First-line support staff is CA; CA does not have that ability and should not, they are there to answer questions on game mechanics.  CM doesn't either, they are there to assist with tickets and moderate chat.  Only GM+ can move you to the ground outside a building you are stuck in.  There is a hierarchy for a reason.

• Like 2

In most cases, a person can resolve being unstuck with a couple of in game mechanics available to them and CA/CM's to assist trying those options like /stuck, /lotime and relogging.  This is a far faster route to solution than if all cases of being stuck had to go directly to a GM and wait for them to be able to respond.  There are some cases, however,  where GM's are needed to resolve the matter.    We all want to be back playing wurm as fast as we can.

Edited by Bloodscythe
  • Like 2

Tbh frontline support staff in any help support system are helpless to handle the really important problems.

Their main function is to act as a screening process for the "is it plugged in?" type of issues. Anything else is flagged and forwarded to the appropriate people (in theory).

Overall Wurm's support system (yay Tich!) is a huge difference over what we use to have, which was literally nothing. Nah, I kid... somewhat. Chat channels can only do so much.

EDIT: Granted sure cases of genuinely being stuck could use a better means of sorting and being resolved.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 3

+1

Shouldn't have to karma or suicide which alot of ppl do, shows how many times ppl get told "tough luck" when /supporting it.

First-line support staff is CA; CA does not have that ability and should not, they are there to answer questions on game mechanics.  CM doesn't either, they are there to assist with tickets and moderate chat.  Only GM+ can move you to the ground outside a building you are stuck in.  There is a hierarchy for a reason.

Exactly. Customer support is missing a crucial ability. It should be rather simple to code something that will only allow teleportation of players that are not on valid walking surfaces. After all, the game will not allow us to /stuck because we are floating or teleporting, or whatever the odd message is that we get when bugged into a roof. Whatever generates that odd message is the data the special /stuck command should be keyed to.

When in doubt, Karma recall.

Bad idea from a roof, as this can lead to both wasting karma and ending up dead

• Like 2

What we need is positioning fixed. It's been broken a very long time and should be a priority fix. I have lost way more skill points than I want to even think about from being eaten while stuck and "unable to perform actions" like fight back. We shouldn't be losing skills to a bug nor should we be using karma to get us out of a bug, particularly a bug that is as well known and long-lived as this one.

• Like 4

He knows, he just says its an issue for that reason.

I know I have been in situations where I need a GM as fast as possible, and i have ended up being unable to play for 12+ hours.

What we need is positioning fixed. It's been broken a very long time and should be a priority fix. I have lost way more skill points than I want to even think about from being eaten while stuck and "unable to perform actions" like fight back. We shouldn't be losing skills to a bug nor should we be using karma to get us out of a bug, particularly a bug that is as well known and long-lived as this one.

Would hopefully resolve the issues such as death when digging, or suffocating in mine tiles that has cost me and many others champ lives over the years that could not be reimbursed.

As relating to roof tiletypes, it is possible to throw items on a roof and no matter what you cannot retrieve those items, nor can you get them to fall down.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

I would love to see a fix, but I'll settle for a patch that at least allows any support team member to allow players to actually play when they run into the roofstuck bug.

• Like 1

I've had excellent help from GMs in my last few "stuck in roof" cases.  It does involved waiting a bit, but really not long at all. I don't think support hierarchy is the issue.  The issue is the mechanics that cause us to get stuck.  I can easily replicate "stuck in roof", simply by taking a couple alts for a long cart ride, then having them disembark inside a building. Presto, inside or standing on the roof tiles.

I can easily replicate getting stuck in a wall:  Take alts on a cart ride and have them disembark within 1 tile of any wall and chances are they magically land in the wall.

In Wurm, we have the worst GPS (or client server sync) ever.  Any time there is long continuous travel involved, the client and server can no longer agree on where YOU are.  You disembark thinking you are in one place, but you were really standing in a wall, according to the server.

FIX the GPS/sync issues when in a vehicle and so damn many stuck issues will vanish overnight.

My rules to avoid stuck:

1. never disembark inside buildings

2. never disembark within 2 tiles of a wall/fence

3. relog after very long trips on a horse/cart/wagon/boat, before going into buildings, disembarking, etc.

Ever drag a horse for an hour and try to give it to someone?  They stand right next to you, but are unable to select the horse, even though they think they are next to it as well?  It is because the horse is really 4 tiles away, due to crappy GPS/Sync issues.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

sounds like /stuck just needs a buff

Would probably just get you killed if you were stuck in a roof and it moved you over.

Would probably just get you killed if you were stuck in a roof and it moved you over.

Initially, /stuck dropped you to first floor.  I got stuck in my roof after jumping into it not long after multistory came out, it was the first thing I tried and it dropped me right through several floors with 0 damage taken.

I don't know why that changed or what changed to make it needing changed

And that's part of the reason I have been saying all along that PVE shouldn't lose skill upon death. The only skill that should be lost is in PVP... and only regarding the specific skill that the affinity was taken in.

It doesn't make sense that a wolf takes knowledge of digging (or any other skill) away from you, and it certainly doesn't make sense that a reconnecting bug that slammed you through 5 storeys of a building takes it away from you either.

Like they're ever going to squash all the bugs that kill players anyway. I'm still dealing with bugs from 7 years ago... while new ones get added monthly/quarterly.  :rolleyes: 

• Like 2

Once again, my priest Farrnerbob is jammed into a roof. I don't have an hour to wait for a GM to come un-break the character.

This is really a major bug if it's happening this often. I can understand if it's structurally difficult to fix it, but the /stuck command should resolve it. Especially if I have permissions for access to the house that I'm stuck in.

Is this going to happen every tenth time I try to cross a bridge?

If it is happening to you often, then you are good person to do a bug report with all the actions causing the bug listed so it can be tested and fixed.

In the meantime, if it is the same thing bugging you like getting out of a cart while in a 1 story house with a roof...  don't do that anymore.

• Like 1

If it is happening to you often, then you are good person to do a bug report with all the actions causing the bug listed so it can be tested and fixed.

In the meantime, if it is the same thing bugging you like getting out of a cart while in a 1 story house with a roof...  don't do that anymore.

• Like 1