Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

[EPIC] Elevation portal on deed

Hi and sorry for my English.

Let people build Elevation portals on deeds.

Now, all people who want to go often to Elevation, build their deed near to starting towns only to be close to the portal. Effect: many beutiful parts of home server is forgotten couse none want to built far from portal (except players who do not participate in pvp on Elevation).

It would encourage more players to go to Elevation when something happens (deed on Ele attacked etc).

Thanks

lol no

Thanks for your worthless (0 arguments) opinion but suggestion was pointed rather to developers.

Why not just live on elevation? Share the same risk as everyone else. You can't get all the rewards for living on a home server.

Why not just live on elevation? Share the same risk as everyone else. You can't get all the rewards for living on a home server.

Either live on elevation 100% or you're forced to face that problem. There were no home-ele portals for like 2 first years of epic.

You can argue the wrongs and rights of this but the fact is Epic has struggled and as far as I can see anything that encourages people to go to the main battleground should be sensibly considered.

Anyone some arguments or just mindless quoting?

I don't like change with portals but if they exist and we cannot do anything about it at least make them more useful.

No sense for me that you must go to starter town to portal. No profits at all, just disadvantages.

Anyone some arguments or just mindless quoting?

I don't like change with portals but if they exist and we cannot do anything about it at least make them more useful.

No sense for me that you must go to starter town to portal. No profits at all, just disadvantages.

• Like 2

If I'm remembering right, the portals were originally added with the exact same reasoning in mind -- "to encourage people to play on Ele" -- but it ended up having the opposite effect. Suddenly people could live full-time in the relative security of their home servers, only coming over to zerg, and with zero consequences. That's not a good thing for PvP. Who wants to be aggressive when, at any moment, twenty fighters could teleport into your local without warning? And on top of that, since most people are living on home servers, that's where people who are looking for fights are liable to go. We should be encouraging fights on Ele, not the home servers.

Ele doesn't need magical teleporting vultures joining in on HotA zergs; we need real, full-time Elevation players, because they are the ones who start fights on Ele. Get rid of portals entirely; they're a failed experiment and they only end up funneling population away from our server.

• Like 2

If you need an argument, you are removing traveltime.

Thats a factor as to why people live on elevation, not to mention it makes it more viable for instant port in ganks. Karma and twigs are stupid as is, don't need anything even close to the same level.

As fawkes said, you need people to actually live on elevation, not instantly port in making it an even steeper hill that raiders have to climb.

Edited by Propheteer

Sorry for not being more specific. I meant portal from deed on home server to the starting town on elevation.

Not to the deed on Elevation.

Also no portal from deed on Elevation to the home server.

So basically no portals on deeds on Elevation, just on home servers.

There are serious issues with the mission structure the way it is now, and these portals would make that worse, people popping between servers in seconds to cherry pick the easy missions and leave the hard ones for everyone else, shouldn't those that do the hard ones get a slight benefit when the easy ones come up?

Leaving it how it is now you have the option of living on the coast and sailing across, you have the option of having pens near the starter deeds to house your horses if you desire.

-1 there are much more important things to fix first.

• Like 1

Sorry for not being more specific. I meant portal from deed on home server to the starting town on elevation.

Not to the deed on Elevation.

Also no portal from deed on Elevation to the home server.

So basically no portals on deeds on Elevation, just on home servers.

• Like 1