Sign in to follow this  
MrCak

"Sailable" Skill gain and methods

Hello Wurmians (And other attractive forum dwellers),

My question pertains to sailing boats and which skills can be trained while sailing ships to pass the time. Which skills can you train while sailing (If any) and how?

For example during my google "research" I read you can make bricks, I wonder if this is still possible and if perhaps you can open your cargohold while sailing to get more stones?

Thank you for the information in advance

All imping actions work, so carp, LW, CT, masonry, stonecutting, blacksmithing, weaponsmithing, platesmithing, all work in the passenger's seat of a boat

Puppetering. :)

Edited by MrCak

you can do them in commander seat too, but your stam only regens if you're letting the wind push you (no moving forward for the extra speed)

and yes you can reach your cargohold while sailing on most boats i think

You can grind any skill while sailing. I usually get some mining done when sailing, albeit on an alt.

Not too much you can get done as captain, stamina issue is the hindering aspect. Repairing items, tools, and armour seems to be ok even when out of stamina. Sadly you cant even use a compass while sailing.

Shields can be imped while being the boat captain, wooden shields offcourse. Metal shields suck.

Repair actions work as captain, so long as you have the item in your inventory.  Wurm links your physical locations where you were when you started the action, to where the item is, and somehow you go out of range when repairing items in the boat.  I keep barrels and jars of misc metal items in the boat.  Take one, and repair 100 carving knives, put it back, grab another, etc. 

Happy Sailing.