Sign in to follow this  
Elen

Reduce Clicks by Continuous and Nonfailable Actions

Ok click/button reduction,

• Cutting a tree -- lot of clicks and/or bind hits --- why not let me select 'Cut down tree' and then my character keeps chopping until the tree is actually cut down ?
  • Logging -- How about a 'Process tree' option that starts but cutting the tree down then turning it into logs ?
  • Making planks -- give me one click on a pile of logs to keep cutting them into planks, one menu selection good until i run out of stamina.
  • Making a fire -- why not use the fishing action model, keep trying until success, no additional clicks needed. Apparently can be done already via crafting menu.
  • Forging a breastplate -- assuming my lump is big enough, just keep trying without needing to reselect through the menus.
  • Any failable action -- eventual success or out of stamina on one click

Of course you can always cancel any of these actions midway like if you wanted to to hit the tree once for whatever reason and I'm not suggesting any speed difference, just making things a bit more convenient via less clicking and buttons.

Edited by Elen
  • Like 5

+1 to this. Oh how much easier it would be to play this game like this. 

So basically like combat click and wait till its done.

Edited by Uberknot

So basically like combat click and wait till its done.

Edited by Elen

-1 Crafting Menu is already a giant "easy mode" (which I appreciate) compared to what we were working with.

With the exception of cutting/chopping trees you can do all item creation in the Crafting Menu, which is a lot less clicking than it was before. 

Add as many of the starting components to crafting window that will fit into your inventory(or give you the # of items you want.) At the bottom click the number of actions your toon is allowed press craft. Add the next component  + unfinished piece, click craft... 

You can even do it with fire, put all your kindling into the crafting window hit combine. Put your steel and flint in crafting window click craft. It will keep trying to build a fire for as many actions as you have. 

Edited to fix sentences with missing words (more coffee please)

Edited by KryoKitten
  • Like 1

you know you could hire a slave for 1s a month to do lots of things you dont want to do ;)

Edited by Uberknot

Things typically go like this in any suggestion thread.

1.) Quality of life change is suggested by someone.

2.) It is railed against for the oddest of conceivable actions.

3.) Hostility is typically shown against the OP

4.) The thread is typically then moderated in some fashion or another, and much of the valuable content lost.

Why?

I'm dead serious.

Why can't people be allowed to suggest things in peace? And why such draconian 'heavyhandedness'?

WHY?!?

Edited by Belrindor
  • Like 3

I've invited people to the game only to have them take one look at the interface on what it takes to do simple things, like cut down and cut up a tree, and leave. Games like Landmark streamline the process and make gathering of resources much less tedious. But a 'one click until run out of stamina' thing would be great as well.

Calling make the game easy for me = quality of life is a stretch btw....

A lot of people are tired of the game being made faster and easier and more simplified....

The population has not grown like some said it would by making things faster and easier.

Dumbing the game down doesnt always mean better.

Edited by Uberknot
  • Like 1

I'm down with your suggestion on cutting trees and logs while keeping the same stamina drain and time spent that is in the game now. Cutting planks and crafting items has already been made much easier (for your mouse and keyboard) via the crafting menu.

Less clicks doesn't make Wurm easier...it makes your life easier. It still takes the same amount of time etc to get the items/skills/whatever.

What you want can already be accomplished using macros though, which are within the game rules.

Just create a macro to use your keybind for chopping logs 5 times (or however long your queue is) with 1 click. (As long as it doesn't repeat after you regain stamina, you're allowed to do this)

Don't see anything wrong with the OP.

+/-1 depending on what you want to one click. One clicking the entire game, no.

Making planks = saw mill almost. Been discussed to death. 

Hot keys eliminate a huge chunk of clicking. The crafting window eliminated another huge chunk of clicking. Nothing eliminates looking at the screen while things are being completed unless you're reading a book or make a different window active to do something else. Probably the vast majority of us appreciate the clickage reduction that has already taken place. Probably moved my carpal tunnel back ten years into the future.

I get tired of reselecting through menus. I can live with it. Won't make me rage quit. 

Unfortunately there are those who start frothing at the mouth when you suggest that making the game even easier than it has already become is not your cup of tea. It's like you've personally insulted them or stole their binky. They claim it destroys their quality of life. :lol:  Still trying to understand that but oh well.

Some things I could support. Some would be a no. But a wholesale one click on everything would be a no for me. 

More and easy autoplay and automation, less fun. If there are other games good at this, go play these games. Whats the fun in watching Netflix while your automation builds a house or does your slavework?

Less clicks doesn't make Wurm easier...it makes your life easier. It still takes the same amount of time etc to get the items/skills/whatever.

What you want can already be accomplished using macros though, which are within the game rules.

Just create a macro to use your keybind for chopping logs 5 times (or however long your queue is) with 1 click. (As long as it doesn't repeat after you regain stamina, you're allowed to do this)

Edited by Aelfrey
  • Like 1