Sign in to follow this  
Noizhead

Remove "crush" from wemp.

The only use for straight wemp plants is for making the weakest grade of healing cover, but the majority of harvested wemp is made into fibre for ropes and bowstrings.  This means there's a lot of extra "processing" that only takes time due to the constraints of the interface.

Just remove the need to crush wemp to make rope with it.  Reduce the harvested weight and volume so it's equal to fibre, and let players make rope and bowstring from the plants.  Picking seeds would still destroy it and yield a seed, low power healing covers would be marginally lighter (I don't see the need to protest a 1-5 power cover being 0.2kg lighter), but this would eliminate the tedium of emptying your inventory, withdrawing 100, crushing, binning, and repeating ad infinitum.

• Like 6

No thanks, This is an un-necessary change that only removes four clicks total.

• Like 1

• Like 3

• Like 5

-1 from me also. I think there are more annoying things to do than crush wemp, and even in larger numbers I have personally never had a problem with that. Just my personal opinion but I think that would be a useless change.

• Like 1

+1 why not, it helps a lot of people and penalises absolutely no-one

• Like 4

Four clicks total?  You're off by a couple orders of magnitude.

A 6000 tile farm yields 36000 wemp when harvested.  6000 is set aside for resowing, leaving you with 30000 wemp.  If you empty your inventory of items, you can crush 100 at a time.  30,000/100=300.  Just to ready wemp for processing, you must withdraw 100x, crush, and drop it back in three hundred times.  After you've done all this, you can finally withdraw it, only to have to combine it into multiple 64x-sized pieces for use or transport.

Wemp is a low efficiency but versatile crop, with low favor per tile. Those who make cordage for favor go through a lot of wemp very quickly, necessitating regular sowing and harvesting.

Crushing wemp is a pointless step that only makes favor generation more tedious.

• Like 5

People use rock shards. People do not use raw wemp.

So what your telling me is this:

I have 1.5k(1500) Rock shards in storage right now.

I need 2k stone bricks. So theirs a bit of work involved, So i guess we should just remove a step and let me use rock shards to create stone walls and a second story to my house. All because its less efficient and wurm should have less clicks involved! 

With my point shown, -1 theirs more important things that need adjusting and tweaking, As-well as patching. 

Edited by Noizhead
  • Like 5

So what your telling me is this:

I have 1.5k(1500) Rock shards in storage right now.

I need 2k stone bricks. So theirs a bit of work involved, So i guess we should just remove a step and let me use rock shards to create stone walls and a second story to my house. All because its less efficient and wurm should have less clicks involved! 

With my point shown, -1 theirs more important things that need adjusting and tweaking, As-well as patching. 

Edited by Lulu

Your comparison falls apart because there's a skill involved with making bricks:  stonecutting.  You also use a tool to make bricks, and rock shards have myriad uses on their own.  Brick constructions also tend to be "higher level", such as stone house walls vs wood, or tall stone walls vs low stone walls.  You can justify the extra processing that turns raw stone into bricks.

Wemp's primary function is to be crushed into fibre, which is an instant action that uses no skill, no tools, and has no timer.  The only reason anyone can't crush ten thousand wemp in an instant is due to limits on carry weight and inventory size.  The raw form of wemp is niche, and only good for making the worst class of healing cover in the game.

Wemp fibre is pointless, and crushing wemp plants to get at it adds pointless clicks.

It also occurs to me that having to crush it also invites misclicks that can turn an inventory of wemp into an inventory of seeds.  Yet another reason to remove fibre, if you ask me.

• Like 2

Your missing the point noizhead. Its their for a reason, Its not their just to give you the middle finger. Its their to add in an extra step on purpose, Its meant to be this way, Otherwise, like i said above, i might as-well be allowed to use rock shards on my house itself. 

Your missing the point noizhead. Its their for a reason, Its not their just to give you the middle finger. Its their to add in an extra step on purpose, Its meant to be this way

• Like 3

+1, I once sat there and turned 10k wemp plants in a bsb into 10k fibre...took ages. Complete not needed, just have ropes etc... made from wemp plant instead of fibre.

This arguement for -1 is silly, any step to make the game more user friendly should be looked at, seeing as it has nothing to with skill. It's just a tedious extra step

-1 While we are at it lets eliminate wemp all together and grow all the different ropes right out of the ground. Eliminate all that unneeded game playing. It's tedious. In fact let's just make the whole game on the test server. 

• Like 1

Then give everyone a wand and wave it to accomplish all of your goals. Clicking gone. Game gone too but hey, who wants to be bothered with playing a game, right?  :P

If you eliminate too many steps for everything you do in this game then the game is gone. It's a couple of magnitudes more simple than it used to be as it is. And it gets made more so constantly. But that's not good enough. People want it made so simple there's not much left to do. 

I agree, there isn't much use for wemp plants. It's mostly crushed for rope products. But this game is being simplified to death.

Now, if you don't like my opinion that's fine. But I didn't make fun of your garbage so leave me tfa. If you don't like my opinion then don't read it.

Edited by Clatius

+1 why not, it helps a lot of people and penalises absolutely no-one

Now this is the mindset I like to see. Exactly. Hurts no one, and only benefits people. So... why not? How can anyone be against something like that?

• Like 1

It also occurs to me that having to crush it also invites misclicks that can turn an inventory of wemp into an inventory of seeds.  Yet another reason to remove fibre, if you ask me.

Done this before. Ever accidentally 'crush' the only wemp you had into fiber, because you just got done 'crushing' a hundred pumpkins, and then realize you're screwed? Yea, same name for different functions is bad, especially for new folks. (Or at least change pumpkins to 'pick seeds'. You don't crush a pumpkin to get the seeds.

-1 While we are at it lets eliminate wemp all together and grow all the different ropes right out of the ground. Eliminate all that unneeded game playing. It's tedious. In fact let's just make the whole game on the test server. 

I've noticed that every suggestion that everyone has to make things less tedious and reduce unneeded clicks, is always responded to you with the most vitriolic hostility.

In fact, I can't think of ONE quality of life enhancement that anyone suggested in the last month that you weren't there on the front line damning.

You then have the grapes to say...

Ok Belrindor, read the title of your post. You are trashing the feedback people are giving you that you CLAIM is so valuable. Is it only valuable as long as someone agrees with your point of view? Know what that's called, hmmm? Yeah they should have given a heads up but that would not have made any difference. The river of tears would have commenced sooner is all. Be patient, maybe Rolf will change it back. It took forever to fix it so if it takes a week or two to revert, well, it was quicker I guess. I think right now they are more concerned about Epic.  ;)

Hi pot, meet kettle.

I think a much better idea is to simply allow us to process things from any storage instead of having to put it in our inventory. Moving things from storage to inventory is a huge pain and there is no benefit from it. That way you could crush your thousands of wemp and not have to do any moving of any limited amounts except what the storage can hold.