Sign in to follow this  
mubelsjedenn1

Cross Country Racing Extravaga (Registrations are now open)

make 'em wave at alt and groom their horse - should show up in event log (shouldnt it?)

next up is wurm-triathlon i guess.  =)

now this seems a very fun idea and love that you suggested it.   To make things balanced and interesting i'd offer two suggestions. one..collect spawn horses that each participant can use with a randome goody bag of shoes they can place on them from a random satchel.    secondly rather than coin so it's not seen as gambling in anyway , make the entrance fee free yet winners get prizes of value donated or made for the event.  Just some ideas.

LOVE what you are thinking about doing!!

• Like 1

The Winner takes 50%arrow-10x10.png from the pool and also a special gift :)

2nd - Armour set of their choice up to 80ql.

3rd - Weapon of their choice up to 90ql.

Sooo, if i win 2nd place can i have a set of 80ql red dragonscale?

think you might need to put a restriction there for your own protection!

Sounds like a lot of fun :)

Great suggestions, and helpful advice on the details.

Hope to ride!

I'll donate an 80ql studded set and an 80ql rope tool as prizes. Perhaps extend the prizes to 5th place, etc

Draxxle

Edited by Kruggan
  • Like 1

Depending on when it runs I would be very interested in seeing a footrace group (might snag a few free players to come and join the fun!).

That and horses are pure evil, they're out to get you all!

Since you are still taking suggestions and changing things around, I suggest you change the subject of this thread to something like "Cross Country Racing Extravaganza Planning" and then do a new thread once you have all of the finalized aspects of the race. Just my opinion of course but it would make it less confusing for people. 

Edited by KryoKitten
  • Like 1

I have the changed the entrance fee! Made it much lower so we can have more participants.

Also as there are still many more donations coming in. It would be best to Make the rewards section at a later date once everything is finalised.

Make a cow-class too, so that even ftp-players can enjoy an event? :)

And I wouldn't  know how to work it out, perhaps others do - but maybe even make different classes (always those falling out of any of them then) unneeded by adopting the'handicaps' idea from golfing in some way? (Haha maybe the turtle-rider would turn out to be the real winner ;) ). Would perhaps make it more into a real cross-country, where it depends on how the player does more then how well equipped their horses happen to be?

As for wild horse-use making teleporting easier because horses can't be distinguished... have those horses branded by a bunch of different deeds beforehand, and let the brand given out to one certain player/racer at registration be shown at each checkpoint by having to examine your horse there?

Love the idea, hope it can be a real fun event!

Hi - love this idea - well done you ! Happy to donate a prize:

- an item of winner's choice made of up to 5kg gold - with my Jewelry smithing at 59.76 level

Cheers for now,

Is this still happening? 

Edit: I just saw that the date has been changed yet again with no notification to participants or donors. I am withdrawing my donation offer due to lack of organization and communication.

I know getting an event launched the first time can be hard, but communication is key. Changing the race date 3 weeks in a row without letting anyone know is a problem.  I hope there is a another event like this in the future. Once you get the kinks sorted in the set up phase, please hit me up for the for donations.

I wish you the best of luck! 

Edited by KryoKitten
  • Like 1

I am with KryoKitten on this - I withdraw my offer of a prize donation and also possible participation.

Such poor communication and organisation begins to make one think this may be a possible scam ????

• Like 1

Ah yes! Im sorry for not being able to communicate properly lately. 

I have been travelling a lot irl and is the reason why i keep postponing the dates.

Also to be honest. I haven t received as many participations as much i had hoped for.

So another good reason to postpone the dates. You are right i should have communicated the change of dates properly.

Im sorry for not doing so. But i can assure you this in now way is a scam. 

Ive just been very busy, and honestly im still contemplating if i should host the event.

I shall keep you informed from here on. Regarding any more changes if there will be.

• Like 2

I totally understand IRL comes first. If this event comes together and you decide to hold another, please let me know. I would be willing to make a donation to the next one.

Edited by KryoKitten
  • Like 2