Sign in to follow this  
mubelsjedenn1

Cross Country Racing Extravaga (Registrations are now open)

Hi Everybody

Now ya'll must be wondering what this is?! Well good question! :D

Im planning on hosting an event which effectively is a HORSE race.

Now before i go on with telling you the details. This post is mainly to gauge interest and get suggestions.

So if you've got ideas we'd like to hear them :D

Ever thought of getting yourself a 5 speeder that was equipped with the best kinda gear and enchants possible? Just to see how fast it'd go?No?

Well now, Here is your reason why!!

So i will be selecting 2 points on the large map of Xanadu.

Point A (Start Line)

Point B (Finish Line)

I will be drawing out a path road on the map connecting these 2 points. Which i will personally trod down once to make sure its doable.

Also i will be adding in CHECK POINTS along the path so that nobody gets lost.

Now its upto you to decide to take my way or make your own!

There Will be 2 different types of races. You can choose to enter both if u so wish.

They will be both held on two different consecutive days

Which are the 18th and 19th of april.

Low Class Race:

Datearrow-10x10.png: 18th April 2015

Time: 5pm EST and 9PM (ish) GMT

High Class Race:

Datearrow-10x10.png: 19th April 2015

Time: 5pm EST or 9pm GMT

NOTE: Each of these races will take time. So be prepared.

CHECK POINTS:

Each check point will contain a Large sign board,

Which all racers must examine.

This is done to prevent cheating,teleportation.

The maps will have a road drawn.

You can choose to follow the road or make your own path.

Registration and Tickets:

Here is the link for registration: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1s1oXhe0oHter3Et0f-2pDPeh_s9ed1l0W68gJgxQccE/viewform?c=0&w=1

IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO MENTION TRAITS

Also Papyrus sheets (Tickets) can be purchased at:

South East Border Floating Market

Near Esteron.

OR

At the Day of the race,Meetingarrow-10x10.png point.

Now to the lighter side of the race :)

You could grab a few buds come and have a good time!!

Plus there will be beverages and refreshments at the finish line for those who choose to wait at the end.

Everybody will be given a gift for their participation. :)

Sponsors!!

Fine Carpentry and logistics Donator:

Chrysanthy,Xerx: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/106687-chrysanthys-page-xanadu/

Smithing Donators:

Jaz,zaj: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/114109-flaming-forges-of-kalambaka/

Talarias: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/113969-kalambaka-market-weaponsmith-up-to-ql90-inc-siclkes-butchers-carvers/?hl=kalambaka

Kryokitten

Nusty:http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/109420-open-paganis-virtual-merchant-page-xanadu/

LW Donators:

Bloodscythe:

LaRue: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/120655-the-natural-advantage-stables-exotic-mounts-pets-leatherwork-and-fo-services-xanadu-j14/

Horse Donators (You can pick up upto 4 speeders from them for the race):

Khepri,Khalija: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a8QCtX_cJp3GG4Les7g15LNk8GbWkCjcpTk5Bp_63Vs/edit#gid=0

LaRue: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/120655-the-natural-advantage-stables-exotic-mounts-pets-leatherwork-and-fo-services-xanadu-j14/

Edited by mubelsjedenn1
  • Like 12

Great idea :) I probably won't be able to join them, but it's about time somebody comes up with an idea like this for Wurm :D If you need any help setting it up, let me know and I'll be there to help.

• Like 1

Sounds sweet! But only people with the highest QL gear and enchants? Wouldn't that make it a lil unfair for those without that kind of stuff?

May I suggest having different classes if there is enough interest. Like a wild horse with no traits class and a speed class? That way more people can participate. Just my 2i

• Like 2

Yes thank you for the suggestions that topic is still in discussion atm. 

As this is still just in alpha.

We will surely be looking into it :)

Sounds a bit like The Cannonball Run / Sea To Shining Sea race!

Love the idea :D

Edited by Firestarter
  • Like 1

Be sure to write down the unique horse name / rider combinations before start, people will be teleporting left and right once they are in the wilderness. 

We did small cow races at an impalong once, I still wear the necklace I won from it every day!  It was silly fun.  I like the idea of bringing  super equipped horses to a race, sounds like fun!

• Like 1

Yeah I will be putting up a link where everybody who wants to participate can add in their name. 

We have a certain new method mode of making the payment too.

It will all be explained on the official post, once i figure out more on the details.

Definitely needs to be separate classes for hell horses, as they're just SO much faster

• Like 1

now this seems a very fun idea and love that you suggested it.   To make things balanced and interesting i'd offer two suggestions. one..collect spawn horses that each participant can use with a randome goody bag of shoes they can place on them from a random satchel.    secondly rather than coin so it's not seen as gambling in anyway , make the entrance fee free yet winners get prizes of value donated or made for the event.  Just some ideas.

LOVE what you are thinking about doing!!

• Like 2

now this seems a very fun idea and love that you suggested it.   To make things balanced and interesting i'd offer two suggestions. one..collect spawn horses that each participant can use with a randome goody bag of shoes they can place on them from a random satchel.    secondly rather than coin so it's not seen as gambling in anyway , make the entrance fee free yet winners get prizes of value donated or made for the event.  Just some ideas.

LOVE what you are thinking about doing!!

Having nice prizes is a huge draw.   Wurmians have had a long history of being helpful and generous.  Especially for community events someone usually is willing to donate a few things of great value to the event.  Something fun to ask people to give to the event maybe parts of what will be the grand prize..something fitting the event, enchanted saddle, shoes, barding, and a compass to the winner. Top ten finishers get adventurer hats, people can attend along the course route feeding and hydrating players and their rides.  Just more ideas, I"m willing to help make hats and the saddle and pass along saddle to someone to enchant.

One of my fondest memories as a marathoner irl is about 17 miles in under the blazing sun, some stranger runs out to me with a cold sponge and dowses my head and back with it.  Your event idea had me think of people at different map points along the way cheering the participants on and such..healing wounds from the huggy mobs they encountered etc.

• Like 1

So whoever can teleport closest to the finish wins ?

Strange race

Thank you everybody to bringing so many different perspectives.

Im really loving the creativity here!!

Okay since many people have brought it to my notice that they want different classes of the race! 

I shall make that first priority.

Im thinking of making it a longer event building up to the final race. 

If most people are down with spending an extra day or two on the event.

Lemme know? :)

Also we could implement random horses with randomized goody bags.

That could be one of the three types of races i had in mind.

And also i shall have Alts and volunteers standing at different CHECK POINTS. 

To make sure people are hydrated and going :) Thanks for the idea.

Also it would make sense to give all the participants Hats and other small goodies.

Along with a decent ql horseshoe. As a good luck charm for the next race.

This seems like a good suggestion too!

Thank you for all your input. Looking forward to more.

Also i have a few requests out for possible racers.

Which i will reveal on the day i post an official forum thread.

Thanks you again! Love the ideas. Keep em coming :)

Edited by mubelsjedenn1

Great idea, really!

I would suggest as well that startline registration and a rule that all checkpoints MUST be visited by all the racers to minimize possibilities of teleports and/or sailing around half the server. Quite sure some "creativity" will still be used by a few participants.

I hope I can join the race, anyway I'm happy to donate into the prizes.

this idea is totally cool but as what other says, there should be classes to make it more fair and at the same time all players might be given a chance to join...I would also suggest of making this a little later like a month for now or so since the number of good horses are still limited on this server...well I cant join this but would be willing to help out with prices or other stuffs I can offer...just pm chysanthy for any donations this event might need...

Edited by xerx

I haven't read through all the replies, but I assume that 2nd place and 3rd place is a armour/wep IMP of their choice to 80ql and you wont be handing out a drake or scale set of their choice at 80ql.

Might want to clarify :) But otherwise, nice idea. hope all goes well.

Pure genius. I'm in.

I second whatever suggestions help make it balanced. I'd love to compete but wouldn't stand a chance against a well equipped horse.

To avoid cheating, you could have someone other than the rider/care for the animal they are currently riding ?

Edit: if one would go for wildhorses.

Edited by Cenotaph

Interesting idea. not sure if teleporting would bring a horse....I like the idea of different classes. Have pre-registration where you register your horse name and horse speed\traits. Require horse at each checkpoint. People would be able to switch out horse gear during the race, so I would suggest keeping the horse speed as the class separator. As for wild horses, that might allow teleporting to check points, no named horses means no validation.