Sign in to follow this  
Belrindor

Feedback is a precious, priceless gift.

Oh I see please continue your Witch Hunt....*cough I mean Feedback then....

People are trying to get things out in the open and fix things. If you can't see it, then I can't help you sorry.

If you don't have something constructive to post other than endless snarf, then please kindly refrain from further derailing the thread.

Time and time again players watch as more vocal players get on forums grouping up and giving their feedback about changing things and this happens in Alpha's and Beta's and Released games.  Feedback is not always precious or is it valuable and in many cases its completely worthless because it comes from biased view points about what a player wants without them thinking anything at all about the game as a whole or other players.  As player we can only trust that the Devs will not fall into the trap of falling prey to this type of manipulation by some in the player base to change the game based on their own wants and needs.

Personally I have witnessed more than a few games where the Devs get caught up in what a vocal group of players consider good changes for them only to destroy their own vision and then watch as the game falls into the abyss.  Game Development is not Burger King or JC Penny's and many of the the consumers of games are more selfish and personally driven in giving any kind of feedback they might give in regards to what changes should be made to the game.

One thing for sure is the Devs of any game have to have thick skin and stick to their vision of what they want the game to be.

• Like 2

rather then endlessly making the same point again and again in this thread like so many of you are why don't you contact Retrograde like he said and specify your thoughts. Beats the endless circle of disagreement here and on 400 other similar threads that will lead to nothing.

Guess it saves us all e-mailing Rolf. :)

rather then endlessly making the same point again and again in this thread like so many of you are why don't you contact Retrograde like he said and specify your thoughts. Beats the endless circle of disagreement here and on 400 other similar threads that will lead to nothing.

Guess it saves us all e-mailing Rolf. :)

If it were "us all", sure.... 

• Like 1

So...here's the first impression from a humble survival, RPG and Mmo aficionado...

This game has the perfect formula for some "social" game. And while I've seen some complain that their unclaimed land has been taken over or the (insert gameplay mechanic here) is too difficult to learn...both are justified. In the first case it's about the only way to handle griefing and land disputes without having to keep admins 24/7 to monitor the ever-expanding world. Players working on building a town which found a lowly player's hut in the way of the constructions would be hindered a lot if they didn't have the option to simply knock it down and build on that land.

And as for the second, everything you learn about the game is an achievement in its own right. There is too much of a mentality of gameplay that needs to be as dumbed-down and intuitive as can be, and give you a false sense of accomplishment for figuring out how to do things like walking and breathing. "Punch Trees" is a fitting metaphor, given that this game was co-developed by Notch...you don't know you can punch a tree. You have almost no clue you have to. But once you do, either by accident or by running out of options, it does give you a sense of discovery. You didn't expect it to work, and it did. That's what it means to have complex gameplay, to have dozens and dozens of these little discoveries, which always leave you in anticipation of your next achievement, and wondering what you will "unlock". So yeah, that justifies the need to read a wiki or (gasp!) playing the game for more than one minute without saying things like "I can't do anything, this sucks, I quit" so that you can get good at it.

I have played one similar game to this before...I won't mention the name, but it had one big flaw. Free-for-all, unregulated PvP coupled with permanent death. It made for a great PvE experience, expeically since you had to be extra cautious and plan ahead so that you didn't fall prey to wildlife and have to start a new character, but that was over as soon as anyone with the capability and disposition to break everything you owned, murder you in your sleep and stake a claim on the remains so that you ended up stuck and couldn't inherit any of your past progress decided to do so. This game, besides having more appealing graphics and a wider and more complex game world, lets you decide how much you want to be involved in conflict with other players, so it does also cater to the "peaceful" kind of player, while still punishing them if they jump into things without proper knowledge.

I'll surely spread the word about it. It seems there are so few players per servers, I feel it would be right for such a game to be played more.

Edited by Gallade