Sign in to follow this  
Annyil

Beware of Frox

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Here comes the problem with posts like this. According to UDHR Article 11(1) it clearly states “Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defenceâ€.

Yet in every single post similar to this one the OP takes on the role as judge and jury without thinking of the consequenses this leads to.

Now we have a player that will be stamped as a thief for all his playing time. You ruin this persons fun in the game by posting posts like this.

Person A accuse person B of stealing person C's belongings. Ok, person B took a cart that belonged to person C. But how do we know that person C didnt sell the cart? gave it away? or even scammed person B by Selling it then claiming that person B stole it. See, the accusations are so full of holes that switzerland would gladly take a cheese-patent on it!

Edited by mthoodyn

I see that ###### culture runs strong on this forum still. Don't wear skirts gals, the Wurm community is coming to take advantage of you all

Ps. This thread was started to warn people of someone whom it seems might lack a moral compass and you somehow managed to turn it into "hurr durr ur face u whiner, put on pants"

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 7

@mthoodyn Gee I don't know. Maybe because he admitted to stealing the rare cart? But then again, maybe the cart was following him of it's own accord because the previous owner had beaten the cart so the cart was running away. What you just said is all full of if's and maybe's. There is no if or maybe in the OP. 

Edited by Clatius

... nm too easy

Edited by Elen

Gee I don't know. Maybe because he admitted to stealing the rare cart? But then again, maybe the cart was following him of it's own accord because the previous owner had beaten the cart so the cart was running away. What you just said is all full of if's and maybe's. There is no if or maybe in the OP.

He admitted, where? Did he tell you that in person face to face? do you have witnesses? All i see is some text, hey I can do that to, look:

[17:25:14] <A> Hi, this cart is from C.

[17:25:42] <B> Oh. Cool.

[17:25:56] <A> You are a thief :)

[17:26:03] <B> No he sold it to me.

[17:26:15] <B> Get your facts straight?

If that is your idea of Proof. Then Iam very glad your not in a jury or a judge or even near anything that has to do with laws.

Read. He said technically he is a thief. I'll take that as proof. And I have no proof that you are who you say you are and you are posting what you say you are posting. You might be some bot that trolls forums. I don't know. But I'll take you at your word. So yea, I will beware of Frox. You don't have to. I don't care. Hyphothesise away. 

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Here comes the problem with posts like this. According to UDHR Article 11(1) it clearly states “Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defenceâ€.

Yet in every single post similar to this one the OP takes on the role as judge and jury without thinking of the consequenses this leads to.

Now we have a player that will be stamped as a thief for all his playing time. You ruin this persons fun in the game by posting posts like this.

Person A accuse person B of stealing person C's belongings. Ok, person B took a cart that belonged to person C. But how do we know that person C didnt sell the cart? gave it away? or even scammed person B by Selling it then claiming that person B stole it. See, the accusations are so full of holes that switzerland would gladly take a cheese-patent on it!

• Like 1

He admitted how? all you read is text that can be faked. I dont take that as proof in any way.

But according to you Bachus and Claitus its enough to make a post in the forums and accuse you two of being thiefs if you fake some chat logs. Did I understand you correctly? you are automatically proven guilty if I submit "chat logs"... Sigh, whats with people these Days.

Edited by mthoodyn

Speaking of moral compasses, I will admit mine is broken...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NziREDriAvU

EDIT: Bloody can-only-view-on-youtube youtubers.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

I just said I'm famous, how does that still make me guilty?

Can be faked does not mean IS faked.

The rate of occurrence of such thefts has led people to try to warn others. And always the perpetrator is protected.

Half the people here will get their knickers in a wad over so called 'law', when likely not even 1% of ye know the difference between malum prohibitum and malum in se.

(Without Googling it first and then pretending ye knew all along,,,) ;)

I just said I'm famous, how does that still make me guilty?

Edited by Belrindor

Frox? well, I know he befriend bonegetter and when bonegetter is not around and on duty, frox goes try to take bonegetter's boats. 

That was like what 2+ years ago? 

I guess the dude never changes.

If people here looking at it as 'secure or lose it' pretty much that you should not add anyone to friendlist or village. I would agree tho to put extra security measures because wurm's security mechanic isn't friendly.

Shame on most of you that you rather look everyone in the game and internet as only pixels that can't feel sadness or that if they hurt, others have to hurt too, let everything spiraling down to madness. Well, actually I'm both shake my head and baffled.

Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 2

Who cares?

Obviously the OP and whomever is (allegedly) missing a cart, that's who.

Edited by Belrindor

Obviously the OP and whomever is (allegedly) missing a cart, that's who.

So if they care, why are YOU asking Froxx?

My point is, the moment we make this forum into a place to name and shame, it's going to rapidly decline and become boring..

So if they care, why are YOU asking Froxx?

My point is, the moment we make this forum into a place to name and shame, it's going to rapidly decline and become boring..

I'm asking because he appeared. I figured he'd want a chance to set the record straight.

As for rapidly declining and become boring... it's well past the downward spiral for that bub, and has been for a while...

I've played enough MMO that do allow theft to know the best rule to follow is to trust no one who you can't physically see in rl. I protect my things in WURM as though everyone is going to take what I have or grief me. It's a sad but there really is no protection against anyone who wants to take what you have that isn't locked behind walls. If you trust anyone and they do something against you it's too late to take action. Rolf doesn't care. If he did it wouldn't be allowed but it is. So is Frox a thief?. No one should give a rat's behind. Secure what is yours. Trust only those you can walk up to and punch in the mouth. Simple rules. 

@Frox...you are not famous. You are infamous. There is a difference.  ;)

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 2

It doesn't. So here is the direct question. Did you take the cart in question, and is the OP's chat log authentic?

A yes or no will suffice.

Edited by Uberknot

What did the Frox say?

Couldn't resist.....

• Like 1