Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

Elevation Reset

What Proph said, f2p accounts have way more negative effects than positive.

I did not think the F2P allowance would cause problems, since I thought they would be confined to the outlying islands, and unable to GO to the central/HotA/P2P area, unable to see Local list, etc...

And I thought it was a good idea, since I'm tired of getting stuck on Elevation because I'm too dumb to go to a home server before my premmium runs out.

BUT... after reading again the original post, I saw that F2P would be unable only to SPAWN in the central island...

they can just embark on a boat or swim and go ###### all over the P2P place (and yes, I'm talking about YOU, dude that uses F2P alts to grief).

So... although I think a reset and some changes are a good thing, I'll have to agree with whoever is against allowing F2P on Elevation. It would be a mess...

Edited by LuisMH

Ok so let me get this straight you want to remove F2P spawning from the Real Home Servers along with the CR buff so you can attack them......where are F2P going to spawn on New Home Server Islands?   LOL!!

You basically are going to lose population all the way around with how you want to do this so far. 

Seriously you do not need any New Islands for F2P to spawn if you are not going to allow them on Elevation.

But go ahead and plod along here its gonna be great to watch.......

who and where does it say anything about removing F2P from home servers...?

and where did you get this "new home server islands" thing...?

Affliction, Desertion and Serenity won't change...

Edited by LuisMH

who and where does it say anything about removing F2P from home servers...? and where did you get this "new home server islands" thing...? Affliction, Desertion and Serenity won't change...

Sounds to me like they are going to make New F2P Spawn islands from what it says and F2P would spawn there not on Home Servers.  

It will involve a large central island with further islands near the home server borders.

Once the new server is opened, all players will enter the game at the new starter towns for their kingdoms.

they will not be able to spawn on the central island - only outlying border islands near their kingdom start deeds.

those are just islands on a server, not new servers or anything...

and it doesn't mean people can't spawn on home servers, means they can CHOOSE to go to MRH/JKH/BLH or Elevation border islands...

I really think you are confused...

Edited by LuisMH

Ok so let me get this straight you want to remove F2P spawning from the Real Home Servers along with the CR buff so you can attack them......where are F2P going to spawn on New Home Server Islands?   LOL!!

You basically are going to lose population all the way around with how you want to do this so far. 

Seriously you do not need any New Islands for F2P to spawn if you are not going to allow them on Elevation.

But go ahead and plod along here its gonna be great to watch.......

It doesnt say anything about removing F2P from home servers.... are you drunk?

• Like 4

Sounds to me like they are going to make New F2P Spawn islands from what it says and F2P would spawn there not on Home Servers.  

Your misconstruing their words. All they said on the post was their will be a MAIN Island in the center, And surrounding islands presumably one for each server border, And on One of the islands, For each kingdom, their will be a starter deed that F2P Accounts can spawn on. It says nothing about removing any spawns anywhere.

"Once the new server is opened, all players will enter the game at the new starter towns for their kingdoms."

^It says once the new server is open/online, All new accounts who enter will start at the new starter towns for their kingdom. Understand? Or do i need to make it simpler? 

I support the map reset.   It may actually get me to play again.   I play on Elevation.   Just let me know when the deeds are done lol I hate digging. 

Back in the day, when I was a true noob, I played on a free trial account, got my skills up and premmed.    I would never have played Wurm Online if I had not had the opportunity to play it, on the combat server, With my friends from another game.  I hope I don't end up on an island deed or on top of a mountain again.  I do like brick making, and tower building, and coal making, and making the equipment of war from a Forge.   BL4life.  I wonder who will forget to reprem, go pvp, die, and spawn at the starter island in the future.  I played on Wild before Epic.   We have horses now.  Bigger maps arent quite as bad with fast transportation options.   And for Kellyt's sake,  make ships faster for Raiding porpuses. 

F2P is a pretty poor idea for Elevation/Chaos, it's terribly easy in this game to win a fight with merely numbers despite the account's strength.  As someone who has "alt abused" prior, I made several f2p alts before with 5-10 friends, and taken down high-end accounts.  I think once within only 2 hours of playing with just merely clubs and 2 handed weapons we killed a guy and looted an entire drake set, which we turned and sold the next day.  There's sadly a huge amount of wiggle room to do anything as f2p with numbers and really at no risk at all, yet everything to gain. 

• Like 7

F2P is a pretty poor idea for Elevation/Chaos, it's terribly easy in this game to win a fight with merely numbers despite the account's strength.  As someone who has "alt abused" prior, I made several f2p alts before with 5-10 friends, and taken down high-end accounts.  I think once within only 2 hours of playing with just merely clubs and 2 handed weapons we killed a guy and looted an entire drake set, which we turned and sold the next day.  There's sadly a huge amount of wiggle room to do anything as f2p with numbers and really at no risk at all, yet everything to gain. 

10 guys taking down one sounds right to me i dont care what their skills are....to say one guy should be able to wipe out 10 is kind of elite thinking.

10 guys taking down one sounds right to me i dont care what their skills are....to say one guy should be able to wipe out 10 is kind of elite thinking.

Your talking about 10 "children" taking down someone armed and armoured and trained to fight. No it doesn't sound right.

Now if we were talking about 10 people with equal skill fighting 1 person, sure. As it stands, skill has little to do with wurm PvP.

Edited by Nosyt
  • Like 3

Your talking about 10 "children" taking down someone armed and armoured and trained to fight. No it doesn't sound right.

They are not children and have weapons to do the damage.

One elite fighter cannot take down 10 untrained fighters every single time.....probably would die most of the time from getting blind sided. Again I say this kind of talk is elitism and wrong thinking at its best.  Just because you skilled up your guy does not mean he shouldn't die and yes even to weaker fighters if there is enough of them.

Edited by Uberknot

This is one of those pointless arguments as we are simply not going to agree. No way 10 people could attack 1 person all at the same time anyway, there simply isn't enough room.

This is one of those pointless arguments as we are simply not going to agree. No way 10 people could attack 1 person all at the same time anyway, there simply isn't enough room.

8 can..easily.  And if a mob is angry enough I would say 10 could or more regardless of who gets hurt.

Edited by Uberknot

We are talking non prem accounts with more or less wooden swords and cardboard armour vs trained fighters in the best gear available. I guess we just have a difference of opinion...

We are talking non prem accounts with more or less wooden swords and cardboard armour vs trained fighters in the best gear available. I guess we just have a difference of opinion...

No he said two handed weapons with a couple hours skilling.

Besides while two of them grab your legs.....a couple others grabs your arms when you swing....the rest rip your body apart.....we are talking realism here.  10 guys could wipe you out I dont care who you are really. ;)

As a matter of fact the more people the more likely you are nothing but shredded meat in the end.

So yes 10 guys trained up some in two handed weapons should be able to take you out.

Saying I skilled my guy for 3 years I deserve to not die is....elitism.

Don't worry you guys are not the first to use this argument to protect your guys in an MMO.

Edited by Uberknot

Well to be fair, dxvinpl doesnt really count as an account xD

Apart from deed holding alts the rest are bad.

Just a thought, but, To solve this "alt abuse", Maybe non prem accounts get a negative CR nerf(Against players) or 50% less health? Or a players body stat is proportional to a players HP perhaps? (Actual, Not "Hit resistance" or any of that, Legitimate hitpoints, Similar to other MMO's but not with the giant 50k hp) 

Well to be fair, dxvinpl doesnt really count as an account xD

Apart from deed holding alts the rest are bad.

People still argue that numbers should matter? that skill should not mean they can beat superior numbers? Not only happens in movies.

Skills matter in RL and should in game....

The Battle of Watling Street in 60 or 61 AD, where, Tacitus and Cassius Dio suggest, between 100,000 and 250,000 British warriors and tribespeople led by the British Iceni queen, Boudicca, faced off against 10,000 Roman soldiers led by the governor of the British province, Gaius Suetonius Paulinus. The result was an overwhelming annihilation of the Britons, upwards of 80,000 killed, with around 400 Romans dead, according to Tacitus. This ended the British rebellion that had devastated Roman-British provincial towns.

The Tumu Crisis in 1449 - A very large force (500,000) of the Ming dynasty were defeated by a very small army (20,000) of Mongols, and the Zhengtong Emperor of the Ming dynasty was captured. This battle is regarded as the greatest military debacle of the entire Chinese history. There is a legend that Zhengtong Emperor had been working as a herder during the capture in Mongol.

Battle of Solway Moss in 1542 - 15,000-18,000 Scottish troops were defeated by 3,000 English after becoming trapped in a bog.

Regardless, since this is a game, there will never be fair pvp in wurm. How is it fair to those who have spent years working towards 70 or 80 characteristics? They are to few sadly. Easier for Rolf to side with the majority and the wonderful gank fest this game has turned into. Glad I only play now to make cash since my characteristics mean jack .... in pvp outside 1vs1. which we all know never happens.

• Like 2

People still argue that numbers should matter? that skill should not mean they can beat superior numbers? Not only happens in movies.

The Battle of Watling Street in 60 or 61 AD, where, Tacitus and Cassius Dio suggest, between 100,000 and 250,000 British warriors and tribespeople led by the British Iceni queen, Boudicca, faced off against 10,000 Roman soldiers led by the governor of the British province, Gaius Suetonius Paulinus. The result was an overwhelming annihilation of the Britons, upwards of 80,000 killed, with around 400 Romans dead, according to Tacitus. This ended the British rebellion that had devastated Roman-British provincial towns.

The Tumu Crisis in 1449 - A very large force (500,000) of the Ming dynasty were defeated by a very small army (20,000) of Mongols, and the Zhengtong Emperor of the Ming dynasty was captured. This battle is regarded as the greatest military debacle of the entire Chinese history. There is a legend that Zhengtong Emperor had been working as a herder during the capture in Mongol.

Battle of Solway Moss in 1542 - 15,000-18,000 Scottish troops were defeated by 3,000 English after becoming trapped in a bog.

Regardless, since this is a game, there will never be fair pvp in wurm. How is it fair to those who have spent years working towards 70 or 80 characteristics? They are to few sadly. Easier for Rolf to side with the majority and the wonderful gank fest this game has turned into. Glad I only play now to make cash since my characteristics mean jack .... in pvp outside 1vs1. which we all know never happens.

Sometimes i really wish it did only allow 1v1 only combat, But then again, not so much. Mainly because it would be a royal pain in the but to vs account thats older than your own.

Even if F2P alts were only allowed on the outlying islands, it'd be bad. I'm reminded of the days that TK had a F2P alt every few feet in the water on JKH

• Like 6

In the Roman battle, The Romans were cutting down the Brittans before the Brittans even had a chance to close and engage.  Auxuallary archers, and vollies of Plium from the Roman lines decimated the shields, light armor, and ranks of the Brittans.  The brittans did not even attack on mass, they attacked in waves, as fast as their charriot taxies could get troops to the front. 

As for ON TOPIC

I look forward in helping the new Elevation map become enlightned with the Glory of Libila.  May our Goddess touch every soul in the New Elevation map, may be be a blessing to her chosen black light people, or ripping the hearts out of the white lighters characters, and helping them see the way of the Black Light.  May the troops of the Horde of the Summond reach every corner of the new Elevation map, and spread missery and fear to the hearts of the white lighters. 

But most importantly of all, may we all have fun.

Hopefully a new, bigger map will allow more separate groups to achieve permanence, instead of just the "main" capital deed groups from each kingdom.

If the new map has more rugged/impassable terrain, maybe natural borders will help keep battles less two-sided/two-dimensional, and set the stage for more groups of players to spread out and really take advantage of the larger server.