Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

Elevation Reset

OFFICIAL WATCH LIST:

- WHOEVER DUG ALL OF THE DIRT FOR ZERUS

HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON

Edit: it was Awardis AND of the people you listed for the watchlist, he's the only one that voted YES for the new map.

P.S. I heard we're going for 900/1200 slope dirt walls this time.

Edited by Tryfaen

OFFICIAL WATCH LIST:

- ATAZOTH

- SMEAGAIN

- GARY

- WHOEVER DUG ALL OF THE DIRT FOR ZERUS

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK UP WITH THESE PLAYERS EVERY 8 HOURS

ALERT THE AUTHORITIES IF CONTACT CANNOT BE ESTABLISHED

1Zdpuss.jpg

• Like 3

I very much doubt the accuracy of the poll too, but that aside..

We will be releasing a Spring Update in mid-April which will affect two key areas of the game, including the introduction of a long-awaited new feature (bridges) and some big changes to the Epic cluster.

What changes? Only the map? Do you really expect that simply resetting the map will keep the ("big majority of") people happy for more than a month? What will happen when the first scenario ends and an obscenely huge and disgusting ###### pillar spawns in the middle of one of the beautiful fresh new deeds everyone spent 100 hours digging dirt for? What happens when HOTA is ###### up with 10 craters again? Another reset? Oh boy. Big changes indeed.

Honestly, I can see why a map reset can be beneficial*, but it is not fixing the cause of the problems Epic has. It's merely removing the consequences of these problems and hoping they won't show up a second time. And if the causes aren't fixed before the current map is cast aside, who is to say the consequences won't be visible/tangible on the new map too (ruining it FOREVER AND EVER. AND. EVER.)?

If you reset the map, PLEASE consider doing so only together with a set of ACTUAL changes to the features Epic has to offer. Simply giving us a new canvas to ruin paint on won't work if our paint and paintbrushes are still the same old piece of ######.

I sincerely hope there will be some announcements regarding those "big changes", I'm afraid that if there aren't any it will turn out to be another huge disappointment. Looking at the announced date of the map reset I'm sceptical on there being anything new though.

* I'd even support a map reset if I believed the changes made to Epic so far were enough to make it appealing to play there.

1Zdpuss.jpg

Disgusting.

Also I see you still haven't reached 90 meditating. You should hurry up, I hear they'll be removing your favourite meditation spot soon.

Edited by Monokles
  • Like 5

What changes? Only the map? Do you really expect that simply resetting the map will keep the ("big majority of") people happy for more than a month?

I don't like quoting myself but since you quoted me a few times, I did directly cover this in the announcement. Namely,

"I am certain it will not be the only change to Epic which will be used to improve overall gameplay, but it is certainly a critical step towards breathing new life into the server."

The reset of the Elevation server is the big news which people need to start preparing for first of all, and after the poll a lot of people were very anxious to hear as soon as possible after a decision on a reset was reached.

We are still looking at feedback we have received over the past few weeks and any feedback presented in this thread about changes that can or should be made to the Epic cluster more generally, in order to make it better for everyone who plays there or who might want to play there.

• Like 1

Good Luck, though I think a map reset will get some players on Elevation only to be chased off in the end.

The reset of the Elevation server is the big news which people need to start preparing for first of all, and after the poll a lot of people were very anxious to hear as soon as possible after a decision on a reset was reached.

The validity of the poll is questionable

No, No it isn't. A Vote is a vote, What a persons intentions are behind said vote are not ours to judge. Only thing questionable about any vote is the use of Alts to vote multiple times to support your choice. 

If 200 people crossed servers to vote, Then their vote is just as valuable as a persons vote who lives on elevation.

A lot of people are bringing into question the validity of the poll, however the poll was just one of a range of factors which were considered before the reset was decided.

I would also point out that even if half of the people who voted Yes were not from Elevation and their votes were excluded, the result would still have been 52.4% in favour of a reset (86 Yes, 78 No), which is still a majority. Even with half the yes votes gone and none of the no votes. We would be making the vast assumption that every single person who voted No actively plays on Elevation, too.

To be honest I don't think a reset of Elevation just affects that server anyway, since it affects the whole Epic cluster that includes the three home servers.

• Like 4

I should also add that the total number of premium accounts did not significantly spike during the week of the vote, but fluctuated between around 230 - 247. The population of Elevation does not make a turnout of 250 too much of a surprise. 

paying-month.png

• Like 2

If 200 people crossed servers to vote, Then their vote is just as valuable as a persons vote who lives on elevation.

This is the most invalid statement I think I've seen all day. If it doesn't affect them, which it doesn't, then they do not have the right to vote on something that affects all of us on elevation.

That'd be like the Germans coming over and somehow getting a fake ID to vote on the U.S. Presidency election. It shouldn't happen.

This is the most invalid statement I think I've seen all day. If it doesn't affect them, which it doesn't, then they do not have the right to vote on something that affects all of us on elevation.

That'd be like the Germans coming over and somehow getting a fake ID to vote on the U.S. Presidency election. It shouldn't happen.

They play on epic and it effects whether they will go to Elevation and play....so yeah it effects them.

They already know you'll play on Elevation they want MORE people to come.

Edited by Uberknot

No, Thats an election for a president. This is a vote for gathering the populous's opinion on a reset for elevation. Theirs a big difference between the two. 

As i said above that sentence, What the intentions were behind the vote are not ours to judge or even to bother to consider. A vote is a vote. 

They play on epic and it effects whether they will go to Elevation and play....so yeah it effects them.

They already know you'll play on Elevation they want MORE people to come.

But it does not affect their previous playing. Many are losing hundreds and hundreds of dollars in deed work, and I sympathize for them. Who are these people who choose not to play on elevation, to think they have the right to decide whether or not these peoples hard work is removed. Majority of those that crossed to vote aren't even going to play here, they were asked to come, which is even more stupid, allow people to make their own decisions and stop influencing them. Especially chaos and the vast numbers of jkh that voted

No, Thats an election for a president. This is a vote for gathering the populous's opinion on a reset for elevation. Theirs a big difference between the two.

Yes, the populous' opinion. Of ELEVATION. These people are not part of the elevation populous' and many that voted will never be due to the desire and attraction of a homeserver.

Am I going to go to freedom to vote on the reset of a server that I have no desire to play on just because some friends asked me to? No. No I am not. I realize I'm also hammering the jkhers that came and voted, but it's even worse for the chaos players that voted.

Reset is already decided dont see much point of arguing against it lol

• Like 2

Yes, the populous' opinion. Of ELEVATION. These people are not part of the elevation populous' and many that voted will never be due to the desire and attraction of a homeserver.

Am I going to go to freedom to vote on the reset of a server that I have no desire to play on just because some friends asked me to? No. No I am not. I realize I'm also hammering the jkhers that came and voted, but it's even worse for the chaos players that voted.

Your ignoring what im saying unsleep. A VOTE is a VOTE. Regardless of the intent or origins that created it. Just because one lives on a home server, Or other, Doesn't mean the vote is irrelevant. 

Reset is already decided dont see much point of arguing against it lol

Not arguing against it, I voted yes. Just think it's stupid other servers voted.

Your ignoring what im saying unsleep. A VOTE is a VOTE. Regardless of the intent or origins that created it. Just because one lives on a home server, Or other, Doesn't mean the vote is irrelevant.

Simply saying "a vote is a vote" means nothing and is productive in no way whatsoever. ( just theoretical Cuz you probably don't realize that):

If 200 votes came from players who don't even play wurm making accounts and Preming them just because a friend that plays the game paid their Prem and asked them to, would you say that was fair? Just because "a vote is a vote". If so then I think you may need to see a medical physician.

I'm done arguing with close minded people who would do anything to protect the fact that they got the result they wanted.

Edited by New_Unsleep

A lot of people are bringing into question the validity of the poll, however the poll was just one of a range of factors which were considered before the reset was decided.

I would also point out that even if half of the people who voted Yes were not from Elevation and their votes were excluded, the result would still have been 52.4% in favour of a reset (86 Yes, 78 No), which is still a majority. Even with half the yes votes gone and none of the no votes. We would be making the vast assumption that every single person who voted No actively plays on Elevation, too.

To be honest I don't think a reset of Elevation just affects that server anyway, since it affects the whole Epic cluster that includes the three home servers.

And a majority of 2.4% is great grounds to reset a server on.

68% was already too low for me to think resetting the server would be a good idea, even without the issue of who voted.

Sure there are a ton of vocal players who push for a reset and you might be looking at them as well, but the fact that a couple people are yelling for a reset is not a reason to do it.

People also scream to close home servers which is a terrible idea that would get rid of a majority of epic players.

The map reset won't do anything, people will play for a few months and quit again because it will be exactly the same as before.

I should also add that the total number of premium accounts did not significantly spike during the week of the vote, but fluctuated between around 230 - 247. The population of Elevation does not make a turnout of 250 too much of a surprise. 

And why would it spike, when all people have to do is cross over with an epic portal/home server portal and imminently go back.

• Like 1

i vote for a map reset of all wurm servers. makes it fair. :D

thats like saying, there is a vote to reset a certain freedom server, then all the epic cluster players come over to that freedom server to vote yes.

then, because theres an overwhelming number of yes votes because everyone from epic cluster chose yes, and the 60-90 players on that freedom server chose no, you think its fair to reset that server cause its 150 yes vote to 60-90 no votes?

that's where he is getting at, i'm assuming.

• Like 1

bye bye Elevation you've seen your better days now its time to be reborn!

• Like 1

How does one fix Epic when nobody wants to play on the map (Elevation) anyway, let alone come off their deeds.  Sure people do Hota, but it's Hota.  It's boring.  Chests? Hah.

Or well, sell their accounts then cry about what happens to the server they used to play on.

It's obvious its not a permanent fix.  But who cares?  The map is bigger and mostly water, from what I've heard.. 3 Starter islands and 1 in the middle, no?  Seems like most of the events will hit water..

And even then, Elevation lasted for.. 3, 4 years? I don't know.  And it was way smaller.  If you get butthurt over a every 3-4 year map change.. I don't know if you actually play the game.. lol.

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 1

thats like saying, there is a vote to reset a certain freedom server, then all the epic cluster players come over to that freedom server to vote yes.

then, because theres an overwhelming number of yes votes because everyone from epic cluster chose yes, and the 60-90 players on that freedom server chose no, you think its fair to reset that server cause its 150 yes vote to 60-90 no votes?

that's where he is getting at, i'm assuming.

I understand that completely, But would i reject it and consider it invalid? No. Its still a vote, A votes a vote, Regardless of the intent behind it, Its ones choice to the matter, And thats what counts here. I don't care if your from epic, chaos, freedom, old wild, gv, whatever. Its still a valid vote that is no less valuable than your own.

Is this all fair? Not really, But today, Nothing is fair, If you think fair and equality is actually here now, Your turning a blind eye to todays culture(In the west anyways). 

Take the replies here for example, Or just anywhere on the forums. Look at the PvP posts specifically, Is a chaos players post less important because their from chaos? Is a epic players post less important because their from epic? This is my point, Regardless of its origins, Its a reply or opinion/vote that should not be ignored because their from X. If it is, that's discrimination, and i have nothing else to say to you if that's so. 

I understand that completely, But would i reject it and consider it invalid? No. Its still a vote, A votes a vote, Regardless of the intent behind it, Its ones choice to the matter, And thats what counts here. I don't care if your from epic, chaos, freedom, old wild, gv, whatever. Its still a valid vote that is no less valuable than your own.

Is this all fair? Not really, But today, Nothing is fair, If you think fair and equality is actually here now, Your turning a blind eye to todays culture(In the west anyways).

Take the replies here for example, Or just anywhere on the forums. Look at the PvP posts specifically, Is a chaos players post less important because their from chaos? Is a epic players post less important because their from epic? This is my point, Regardless of its origins, Its a reply or opinion/vote that should not be ignored because their from X. If it is, that's discrimination, and i have nothing else to say to you if that's so.

Yes, yes it should be "ignored if they're from x". If they are not affected by the vote, they should not vote on it. Simple. Yes the votes valid, but the player should still have a guilty conscience. And the term discrimination is so overrated. It's thrown around without people realizing it's real purpose. Please don't use it. It puts an offensive outlook on everything.