Sign in to follow this  
Xalorum

Please reconsider rope changes

Instead of pointlessly spamming like Omar

-1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -6...-infinity  :P  :D

• Like 1

Since you have documented it is possible tell Rolf to add it to the game, and while your at it tell him to allow bridle on sheep, cows, pigs, and all the other animals the rope worked on.

HA, Bridle on sheep... That made me chuckle. You're a funny man bachus.

Sheep don't handle being roped or bridled for that matter, Very well... Hell you look at a sheep the wrong way and it may kick you and jump a 5ft barb wire fence while its at it, That or bash it down at night and run off... Don't mess with sheep kids, They will #### you up. 

HA, Bridle on sheep... That made me chuckle. You're a funny man bachus.

Sheep don't handle being roped or bridled for that matter, Very well... Hell you look at a sheep the wrong way and it may kick you and jump a 5ft barb wire fence while its at it, That or bash it down at night and run off... Don't mess with sheep kids, They will #### you up. 

I know;  I was raised on a farm and we had sheep for a very short while.  Long story short we found out why those in Europe use low stone walls so much.  Because sheep will squeeze through barb wire and eat wooden fences. :wacko: 

We ate a lot of mutton the following year.  ;)

• Like 1

I know;  I was raised on a farm and we had sheep for a very short while.  Long story short we found out why those in Europe use low stone walls so much.  Because sheep will squeeze through barb wire and eat wooden fences. :wacko:

We ate a lot of mutton the following year.  ;)

Heh, i was also raised on a farm. I made the horrible mistake of glaring at a sheep and then spooking it. Horrible idea, Specially when only 9 years old, and small. 

please give us a new option for leading four animals at once.

• Like 1

i think it should be based on animal husbandry, a rope can lead one animal with no skill, 2 animals at 10, 3 at 20, 4 at 30, just like how mind logic works, if you want to cap it at 4 then fine, if you want to let us lead 10 animals , also great.

this also would make it so a f2p can only lead one animal, might be good, might be bad. in case of bad, then  a rope can lead 2 animals and you will get your third at 30 animal husbandry

Edited by Aum
  • Like 1

Just confirmed this for the 42nd time

old rope mechanic is still painfully outdated,

"you are already using the rope to lead xxx" is super annoying

makes sailing even worse yet

traveling anywhere while leading 4 animals and having to disembark from your cart alot, breaks my will to live

*shakes his protest frowny face sign* *glares at pvp cr nerf for leading"

• Like 1

Just confirmed this for the 42nd time

old rope mechanic is still painfully outdated,

"you are already using the rope to lead xxx" is super annoying

makes sailing even worse yet

traveling anywhere while leading 4 animals and having to disembark from your cart alot, breaks my will to live

*shakes his protest frowny face sign* *glares at pvp cr nerf for leading"

Combined with this... makes me just want to stay on my deed:

R32Ogup.jpg

Like so many others, I did not know about the mooring rope trick. I sure wish I had, and I'm sure I would have appreciated it! 

But this in a way explains "what the issue is" with having items do things they were not intended for.

1) it's not intuitive for the players (who would have thought of it?)

2) realism - it's not realistic to use something like this to lead your animals around with

thick-rope.jpg

3) if mooring ropes should be used for leading animals - should then normal ropes be used for mooring boats? Get where I'm going with this? It then makes no sense to have 2 different rope types to begin with

THAT SAID (and before y'all start hating on me). I completely, utterly, totally and fully understand the rage and anger evident in this thread. It's truly a big fat slap in the face to the players and like so many have pointed out, was a really an ignorant thing to do without stopping to think first. And Belrindor - awesome story! I fully agree that instead of ripping such an important tool out of the player's hands, they should have been sensitive towards the player's needs and designed another way to perform the same action. Be it introducing something like a "lasso" or else adding a new functionality to the existing ropes to tie them together at one end, as some of you suggested. Then make a nice post about it. The old mooring people would have been happy, the players who "didn't know" would have been happy and the devs would be satisfied with keeping the game consistent.

So from me, a big old +1 for coming up with a solution for the disgruntled players. Personally I loved the "tie the ends" idea.

If however, the devs absolutely refuse to cater to what seems like the what the majority of the players want, please at LEAST improve the USABILITY of the current ropes so that we can see which ropes are attached to which animals. The fact that I have to try to figure out which ropes are still "free" when rounding up more that 1 beast drives me nuts.

Here's what I propose: Make it so that when a rope is attached to an animal, the name of that animal appears in the inventory list as can be seen below. 

This would solve already 2 problems:

1) You could now see which ropes are still free and which are taken

2) You would know what rope is attached to what creature

Already that would be a great improvement.

ropes.jpg

Edited by Malena

I'd hate to be the horse lead around with the same type of rope as the one posted above. I personally have no problem carrying around 4 ropes.

Tbh, this just seems to be a convenience thing which was a little unrealistic, very un wurm imo

Bump.  I never even knew I could do this.  It would have changed my life!

+1

I want a four bladed axe so I can cut trees down faster.  :lol:

Just small update - item called "Bunch of ropes" will appear in next update, with weight equal to 4 ropes, crafted using 4 ropes and allowing to lead 4 animals. Harder to make than cordage rope, with 20% chance to create item at 50 ropemaking with 50 ql ropes.

• Like 10