Sign in to follow this  
Xalorum

Please reconsider rope changes

I can't remember if I +1ed this already and its effort to look through past pages...

So +1... possibly again xD

• Like 1

You already have the ability to lead 4 animals in game with one item...this is only trying to side step that.

+1 , stupid change. 

also, id like to see a poll on this, so if someone could make one thatd be cool. 

Edited by New_Unsleep

+1 to making a real poll, lol

..and to getting back a one rope option. 

• Like 1

Perhaps you make and put bridles on them?  seems the solution is already there?

Perhaps a good compromise would be that ropes be adjusted so that 2 animals could be lead by one rope. Ropes have 2 ends, so this could make sense. This way it will be easier to lead just 2 for large cart hitching and for wagons only 2 ropes would be needed.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Why do we need a compromise?

What we love about Wurm is that it is a hard game when it comes to raising skills and terraforming and such.

But do we really need it to be hard when it comes to useability and working the UI? I hope not...

(although sometimes you might think that Rolf thinks otherwise)

• Like 2

Why do we need a compromise?

What we love about Wurm is that it is a hard game when it comes to raising skills and terraforming and such.

But do we really need it to be hard when it comes to useability and working the UI? I hope not...

(although sometimes you might think that Rolf thinks otherwise)

I've always been of the mind that difficulty in a game should stem from it's content, not it's interface.

content is nothing without rules and the interface of a game.

Soooo let's not bother the staff with fixes of any nature because it adds tedium to the interface and as you say, content is nothing without a little annoyance from the interface.  :P

[ok, so I paraphrased. Take away 1 birthday]

Edited by Calisthra
  • Like 1

Soooo let's not bother the staff with fixes of any nature because it adds tedium to the interface and as you say, content is nothing without a little annoyance from the interface.  :P

[ok, so I paraphrased. Take away 1 birthday]

You have a choice use bridles or not that's the rules of the game...the Devs have spoken.  Instead of jumping all over the devs for correcting the bug players should be requesting bridles, collars, or reins to lead all types of animals.

Edited by Uberknot

Perhaps a good compromise would be that ropes be adjusted so that 2 animals could be lead by one rope. Ropes have 2 ends, so this could make sense. This way it will be easier to lead just 2 for large cart hitching and for wagons only 2 ropes would be needed.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

You have a choice use bridles or not that's the rules of the game...the Devs have spoken.  Instead of jumping all over the devs for correcting the bug players should be requesting bridles, collars, or reins to lead all types of animals.

• Like 1

Ayes you said something I could read. And I agreed! +1, still not getting the over reaction on such a minor change. Bet people would have reacted less if the world went to Defcon 1.

• Like 1

You tell me how to bridle a bison and I will go along with that. ;)

52733bb726432.image.jpg

52733badcadcf.image.jpg

Since you have documented it is possible tell Rolf to add it to the game, and while your at it tell him to allow bridle on sheep, cows, pigs, and all the other animals the rope worked on.

Edited by Bachus

Def needs to be reverted a long with same level stuff.. You can't lead a horse from a large boat.